Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up.

I think you are the only Silverdaile faithful on here. But i figured you were not at your computer because you are usually a regular.

It was a bad decision by SD to not show up but you stand stong.

Anyways back to subject, even though on this thread all we are talking about is the same stuff over and over becuase nothing new has come up.

Was speaking directly to the issue of the kids from Arts & Science.

Let's wait for the TSSAA to make their decision. I don't think anyone

on these boards is doing the investigation or knows all the facts.

And seriously, shouldn't a coach be fired if he is recruiting football players

from Arts & Science? Did a coach really recruit this kid?

It absolutely does involve the administration.

1.) Lack of institutuional control.

2.) Hiring coaches and/or athletic administrators who either do not know the rules or ignore them.

3.) Choosing not to "self report" violations to the TSSAA.

Valid points, but on the surface, it does not involve the administration.

This issue certainly raises more questions than the bartered tuition.

Didn't the AD approve the kids practicing? That would be administration?

Aren't there instances when a kid at a school without football can play at a school that does have it?

Just wondering.

So they fire Chastain on "rummors" and "nothing concrete"? Wow.

I'm not trying to speak for Zonie cause he does a good job all by himself, but Temple could have avoided a lot of this if they had just notified TSSAA immediately that THEY suspected something and were conducting an internal investigation. It's called "self-report". By not coming forward immediately and then removing the head coach, they bring a ton of suspicion upon themselves.

GOOD POST

Zone, your memory may be better than mine and I am too lazy to go look it up for my self but I do not remember the administration saying that they knew of any violations, only that they heard rumors and investigated them on their own. After investigating they could not nail down anything concrete. If they had admitted to any violations then we all would have moved on over to another, more intgeresting thread. The reason we are all perched like vultures in this one is that so far the only thing anyone has heard is speculation. TSSAA continues to use the term "issues" and not "violations" in their discussions.

(ONLY SPECULATION) SEE WHAT I MEAN PASTURE DENIAL ,DENIAL,DENIAL

Didn't the AD approve the kids practicing? That would be administration?

Aren't there instances when a kid at a school without football can play at a school that does have it?

Just wondering.

Kids can play football at another school if their school dose not offer the sport, but I believe it has to be a cooperative agreement between the two schools and TSSAA has to be notified. Also I believe that it is suppose to be public with public and private with private or the school closest in proximity.

I am not positive of this maybe zonepirate can shed some light on the question, but I do know that CSAS and TT did not have a cooperative agreement.

Kids can play football at another school if their school dose not offer the sport, but I believe it has to be a cooperative agreement between the two schools and TSSAA has to be notified. Also I believe that it is suppose to be public with public and private with private or the school closest in proximity.

I am not positive of this maybe zonepirate can shed some light on the question, but I do know that CSAS and TT did not have a cooperative agreement.

Good info.

Correct. There is no coop agreement listed on the TSSAA web site. I seriously doubt a Public -private agreement would be allowed