Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

Hey Dad you CAN tell he went to Oak Ridge, he can put his thoughts into words and then put them on paper. Or here on a computer screen. In a manner we can read , I might add.

By the way I think you are on the wrong person down in Nashville. Big John is the son and Lemont is the dad. And Lemont is the one postiing or at least trying to.

Anybody in Kingsport remember Ron and Don Wright? They used to give out Tenn Dog Whoppins!!

bounder,

I was very young, but I remember Ron and Don Wright, they were the KINGS of the local Wrestlin' scene...okay, I was young (drop the very)...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of this sounds like some of the post I've read on DB's earlier game post. Coaching is like American politics. Every move they make is going to make part of the people mad every time,and some of the people all of the time.I think we both have programs,{present and past} that most fans would die for.I think our coach and his staff are great and wouldn't trade them for very many staffs around the state!I'd still like to see the play ran into the game on offense for DB.I'd like to see us use a 42 on defense with our best linebackers in the game,Taylor 33 and kilgore 18 to start things off. I'd like to see some changes in our special teams,punt returns for sure or just don't put anybody back . I'd like to see some people out of the game when we have a game won,so we don't have to go deeper down the bench to start another game.That's a short list when your talking about hundreds of coaching moves during a season.

Preach on. GC has changed parties, it was a longer list 2 months ago. I'll vote for you.

Hey Dad you CAN tell he went to Oak Ridge, he can put his thoughts into words and then put them on paper. Or here on a computer screen. In a manner we can read , I might add.

By the way I think you are on the wrong person down in Nashville. Big John is the son and Lemont is the dad. And Lemont is the one postiing or at least trying to.

Anybody in Kingsport remember Ron and Don Wright? They used to give out Tenn Dog Whoppins!!

Just a few years ago I used to hang out at Alpplebees in Kingsport. Don Wright used to come in all the time. He would sit for hours telling old wrestling tells and some of the "crazy" things they would do in and out of the ring. Its amazing he's still alive. There was a young girl (about 15 at the time) that used to come watch him wrestle in Knoxville years ago. She was a big fan I guess. Somehow she ran into him here in Kingsport about 6 years ago and they got married. She used to come in Applebees with him alot. He should right a book.

I think that D-B will be ready for them wildcats. D-B will

put it on them full force. they will be able to stop stephens better

than they did lastime. their defense has matured as a whole and

is leaps and bounds better than when they played them last time.

our offense is also a lot stronger than when we last played them.

Chris Sensabaugh is clear to play for the game. and now we can

pass the ball a little better. all we need is for dukart to not drop

anymore easy throws.

D-B 24

Oak Ridge 14

Skunk I'm older than you because in order to get the car on sat nite I had to take my father to Knoxville on friday nite to see wraslin. My Dad was disabled so we parked in the back where the wrestlers parked and we knew all of them.

I used to have a man work for me that went to school with them. He said one was a candy a-- and the other was a tush hog. This guys name was Cookineour his dad sold honey for many years in the Kingsport area. Probably worked at Eastman too. Kingsport like here everyone worked at the plants in the 50's and 60's. And if your kid could play football and you didn't live here you got a job at one of the plants so you could move here. Enough of the old secrets I'm out of here.

I can remember the days when D-B would come to Oak Ridge and chope down the football feild for their insperation. The friday night they did that, they had the best QB and WR combination in the state. From my memory, they got a pretty good butt kinking (1996). Oak Ridge is still a power house and I expect to see them in the future. Good Luck to both teams. The Ridge by 12!!

I will have to say I just watched the replay on CMS of the DB-Science Hill game and I can't remember when I have heard more buffoonish talk than what I heard from the two dopes doing the game. Yelling and screaming over top of one another----who had the bright idea of putting those two jokers on the play by play. Not only do they not know how to pronounce half the kids names (Duckart), they also are pathetic in terms of describing the action. I also noticed the players of the game again-----hmmm??? Does anyone have any idea how tackles are determined?? Is it possible that certain coaches weren't able to learn basic math skills??? What I just watched doesn't exactly match up------anyway, good luck to the Indians this week.

I will have to say I just watched the replay on CMS of the DB-Science Hill game and I can't remember when I have heard more buffoonish talk than what I heard from the two dopes doing the game. Yelling and screaming over top of one another----who had the bright idea of putting those two jokers on the play by play. Not only do they not know how to pronounce half the kids names (Duckart), they also are pathetic in terms of describing the action. I also noticed the players of the game again-----hmmm??? Does anyone have any idea how tackles are determined?? Is it possible that certain coaches weren't able to learn basic math skills??? What I just watched doesn't exactly match up------anyway, good luck to the Indians this week.

I have no ideal who got player of the game.I would say it would have to be the cornerback who blew it open in the second half.Maybe one of the defensive linemen would be my next choice.

I think that D-B will be ready for them wildcats. D-B will

put it on them full force. they will be able to stop stephens better

than they did lastime. their defense has matured as a whole and

is leaps and bounds better than when they played them last time.

our offense is also a lot stronger than when we last played them.

Chris Sensabaugh is clear to play for the game. and now we can

pass the ball a little better. all we need is for dukart to not drop

anymore easy throws.

D-B 24

Oak Ridge 14

PLease! Dukart has been responsible for alot more production than this one drop would detract from (KO return vs THS and DB winss by 6....KO return vs WB, would like to have seen how that played out without the fumbled punt...and scored the ONLY TD against Bearden). You call 1 for 12 "passing the ball better"? I think as great as Chris is and will be, the fact that there is not even the threat of hitting anyone with a pass will spell disaster. Science Hill played with that mindset and it worked, Chris had 43 yards. And no watchdog I'm not talking about the passing game in light of how lethal it has been in the last few years with Coty, Josef, Burton...all I'm asking for is more efficient than 1-12, 38 yards. And I was stadning in the endzone where the easy TD went thru Lane's hands, but there was 1 or 2 throws on that same drive where nobody was there..not sure if the problem is qb or WR but at this point there should be some progress made from the beginning of the season and I have yet to see any consistancy from that part. As well as another almost blundered kick! Guys, if you are not going to catch and run with the kick...just move away and live to fight another down.

Also, play calling still confuses me at times. The SHHS coach gave DB the ball back right before the half (after DB had just taken the lead with a FG) at the SHHS 38 (?) with the chance to put the game away at that point. 3 straight passes that went incomplete and then a run into the pile on 4th. Hmmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I had visions of the WB playoff game...sometimes you can get TOO fancy...just ask Scott Smith