Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

what's funny is he is not a linemen, yet he won Mr. Football Linemen? they need to be more clear as to what defines a linemen. When I think of a linemen, I think of someone who does not touch the ball, has their hand on the ground. you know, a person who is fightting in the trenches every play, not a linebacker/FB....

No he is not a lineman.. that was a misprint by someone.. i heard from a player 30 mins ago that it was reported that Robert won 1A mr football back..

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's funny is he is not a linemen, yet he won Mr. Football Linemen? they need to be more clear as to what defines a linemen. When I think of a linemen, I think of someone who does not touch the ball, has their hand on the ground. you know, a person who is fightting in the trenches every play, not a linebacker/FB....

I agree with you on that. I think of linemen as actually being on the line, not a linebacker. However, the TSSAA is not known for doing things exactly as one would think and so with that being said, I do hope that Robert takes/took home the award. I know the Luncheon that announces the winner is not for another week or so. I didn't know they would have informed everyone of the winners yet but maybe they have.

No he is not a lineman.. that was a misprint by someone.. i heard from a player 30 mins ago that it was reported that Robert won 1A mr football back..

Well, they must be able to see the future unless things have changed the winner will not be announced until the week leading up to the championship.

The thing that G-Ville brings that we didn't have is that big Senior safety presence in the middle of the field. I think his defensive play is more important than his offensive play in this one. Still though it's G-ville more tha you guys that will have to play mistake free. You guys have the talent to afford a mistake or two.

I agree.

We better not make too many mistakes

He is one of 3 finalist for 1A Mr Football Lineman. In all their wisdom the TSSAA groups linebackers with linemen. If you want to see all the finalist MASH HERE

Yeah I agree Zone. The guys with their hand on the ground get absolutely no looks by TSSAA. To bad. Because there is some good players out ther getting left out of the contest, because of the position they play. It would be nice to see some coaches lobby to have that changed. Also offensive linemen. Without them there would be a lot of fine backs with very low yards. If you are going to consider a few positions, consider them all. After all its about recognizing the kids in HS. Not Colleges thats looking for Linebackers, RBs, and receivers. Or maybe I missed the point.

I watched Gville practice today, looking good.

The Tigers aren't getting any love from anyone. I believe I'm the only one who picked them on the big ones.

At any rate, I look for a good game with Gville pulling it out in a close one.

And I don't think the Gville seniors have conceded to the idea that this will be their last game, so I expect them to put up a fight.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tigers aren't getting any love from anyone. I believe I'm the only one who picked them on the big ones.

And I don't think the Gville seniors have conceded to the idea that this will be their last game, so I expect them to put up a fight.

I picked 'em too, Croz. (Not much love from many other CoachTers out there for sure) I also stopped in and saw a little of the boys practicing. If they're scared or backing down, you sure couldn't tell it. See you at the fights. Go Tigers!!!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Polls. Gotta love 'em! Great for conversation...that's about it. No doubt SP is the favorite

in this game, possibly heavily favored. But, how many people picked Wilson Central to beat

Riverdale? And of course, there's the Michigan / Appalachian St. thing...so there are no

guarantees.

Win or lose, I've gotta pull for my neighboring Reg.4 TIGERS, this week, so strap it up tight,

and go get 'em boys. Just hope I still get to go see it. Got an upper respiratory thing right

now....trying hard to get rid of it. Lousy timing!!!

The atmosphere in the Pit Fri. nite is going to be phenomenal. This is HS football at it's best.

Also gonna be colder than a well diggers butt! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well first of all im from Gordonsville, and i played in gordonsville in 2000 and 2001 and Bob Dillard is not a legend, and #2 everybody dies even legends. But keep in mind ill make this short and sweet South pitt fans we may lose the game this Friday night but one things for sure, we will fight u guys tooth and nail for 48 mins and if we win ok and if we lose ok but may God be on both sides for a tough battle in South Pitt. Thank u #1 tiger fan

Who was it that scored the late touchdown in 1984 Championship?

(only Championship of school and is not a legend????)

How come I keep hearing that story 23 years later.....legends come from history retold over and over.

You are exactly right. All the sources I have place Gordonsville's Living Legend coach as the man that scored that decisive touchdown. As for this game, I have said it once and I will say it again. I have seen Gordonsville play in person twice this season. I have seen South Pitt play in person five times this season. If both teams play the way they are capable, South Pitt is the better of the two, but that is why you play the game. I have a feeling this one will be decided up front in the trenches. The battle of two true living legends, what more could everyone ask for?