Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

One win away from being the east champion. Compare UK and UT for the past 10 years and see which one is the "higher level" SEC team.

Rogan is steadily becoming a star at UT.

Recruits do not look at the past, it does not matter what they did it is what they are going to do that matters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was saying was that Rogan should be playing offense. They need to find a way to get him the ball.

And we need not compare the last 10 years all we will have to compare is this Saturday.

Rogan is just at cult status now. He would be a star as a feature back (ex: Charlie Garner)

You would play a 5'10" freshman over Foster, Hardesty and Creer? I wouldn't.

I wish Cobb the best. I hope he goes wherever is the best fit for him whether that is UT, Ky or somewhere else.

I hope Cobb goes to Tennessee I have seen him play in person and he is very good.

To the guy who says Tennessee is not a upper level team in the SEC- do you realize that a win Saturday puts the Vols in the SEC Title game. That's pretty good company to be in, I think. The Vols have a national championship in the last decade and was so close to playing for another. They are definitely in the hunt every year. Urban Meyer probably wishes he had a chance to play for an SEC title this year, and Saban just lost to LA-MONROE. Kentucky is very good this year as is Vanderbilt it's just that no one wants to believe it.

As for Cobb and any player being recruited I just hope they go where they will be happy, because when it's all said and done it goes by way to fast and everyone should enjoy their college years. National Championships, SEC Titles, winning records, all pale compared to just finding the right fit for the individual player. I will never begrudge a kid for going out of state if that's where they feel most comfortable.

He's gonna be a wildcat!! UT doesn't have a chance at Cobb, because UK will give him chance to play qb and UT wants him at WR. He told me this himself.

I hear you, but you of all people should know things can change. I wouldn't count out UT IMHO. Randall has as much upside as any kid in the state. He is only 16 and will continue to grow. I appreciate your input but this one will be very interesting to follow. Randall has improved more than any kid I have seen in a while and I believe he will keep getting better and better. He has really benefited from Coach Rankin's coaching also. Gary is one of the best QB handlers in the state if not the best. He utilizes 3-tool QB's as well as any high school coach around. I used to watch him do it at Riverdale year after year when I lived there. Ask Coach what he thinks of Randall and he has had some great ones i.e. Brian Davis, Eric Locke and Dave Thomas.

Cobb is the best player in the state in all classifications. Hands down. I don't care what anyone says.

The last game I saw Cobb play was last on on UPN in the state title game and I believe he is the best QB in the state, atleast that I have seen anyway.....

As far as best in the state, I havent seen everyone in the state so I cant say for sure, Cobb is defintely on the top half of the list anyway.....

I hear you, but you of all people should know things can change. I wouldn't count out UT IMHO. Randall has as much upside as any kid in the state. He is only 16 and will continue to grow. I appreciate your input but this one will be very interesting to follow. Randall has improved more than any kid I have seen in a while and I believe he will keep getting better and better. He has really benefited from Coach Rankin's coaching also. Gary is one of the best QB handlers in the state if not the best. He utilizes 3-tool QB's as well as any high school coach around. I used to watch him do it at Riverdale year after year when I lived there. Ask Coach what he thinks of Randall and he has had some great ones i.e. Brian Davis, Eric Locke and Dave Thomas.

I just got off the phone with him and he told me that UT faxed the offer to them this morning and Cutcliffe told him that he'd play qb and that UT was going to the spread. hahaha, I wouldn't count on that one, but they have Coleman and Crompton so why would they change their offense?? Once again, telling the player what they wanna hear to get them there.

Randall is not worrying about it right now, but he did did sound a little open minded about the offer. UK still has the upper hand as of now.

Cobb is the best player in the state in all classifications. Hands down. I don't care what anyone says.

Cobb is a great player but you must be a really big fan of him to be that ignorant. You obviously haven't seen chris jordan play...or rod wilks...or preston bailey...or donta hightower...or...

Cobb is a great player but you must be a really big fan of him to be that ignorant. You obviously haven't seen chris jordan play...or rod wilks...or preston bailey...or donta hightower...or...

Why is he ignorant?? That's his opinion and I do think he is one of, if not the BEST ATHLETE in the state!! I'm not saying these other players aren't great, but I do know Cobb is in the top 5!!