Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

I did miss the game Sat... had to work, which is odd for a Saturday. The only thing I heard was, the Indians had one of those games where they just couldn't hit anything.. that happens, they won. Derrick Steele is the real deal and hands down the best Frosh in the conference.. not open for debate.

Gone to the Dome to watch the Indians play the Team with the best student section in the conference. I expect the team with the best coach and players win.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying if you say that someone needs to grow a sack, then they apparently dont go to church lol? if thats what your saying, that is stupid, do yourself a favor and dont respond to anyone's comments on this board. I personally think that is pretty funny myself and im sure a lot more people thought so as well.

No thats not what I said, I said for someone to go to church and even hold a position in that church and then get on here and tell someone to grow a sack is not very "church like" and since I dont go to church myself then maybe my ideal of "church like" is off. If you can't read and understand what is being posted then don't come on here and blast me for it. I really don't care what you think is funny and I'll respond to anyone's comments any time I fell like doing so. Number 1 wasn't talking to you to begin with nor was I trying to entertain you, I think a rubber ball and some jacks would suffice.

I agree totally. There are three teams on the bubble, but THS looks like they are in the best spot to contend for the fourth spot considering everything plays out as expected. Central not only has to play the Vikings but they have to finish up with a dangerous Volunteer team that desperately needs a big win. While the THS vs Central game looks like the most important game left as far as the standings go, I predict the Central vs Volunteer game will be a fight to the death. And before you get all torn up Falcondad ???fight to the death??? is used as a metaphor in that context meaning ???hard fought game???. I know how that CHIP you carry around has made you real sensitive to anything I say, so I wanted to clear that up for ya before you started throwing holy water on me??¦again. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wasn't going to say a word CAP1, and I surely would not know where or how to throw holy water.

Wow! 2 posts in as many days...I thought you had quit after football.

I was gonna ask why you had any interest in a DB freshman game until I remembered it was against Gate City and you are the local SWVa apolagist. What exactly IS your man crush on Gate City by the way? You must do work for the SWVa Times-News? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm sure if you were there you sat on the Gate City side.

If I were a rebel bball fan (which I'm not) I wouldn't worry so much about a DB/Gate City freshman game as I would worry about Gate City absolutely handing it to the VARSITY Rebels twice this year. And FYI the Rebel freshmen won the conference crown last year but I guess only time will tell if that translates into being remotely competitive in the conference. By the way, the DB/SS football rivalry is a testament to putting much value on a freshman win toward guaranteeing a varsity win huh? We'll see you on Friday night at the Rebel den.

Thanks for thinking about me MandG! I had almost forgotten about your love of stalking me. I try to support our bball program, but it's hard. I love the kids, but I hate the system. To answer your question, the freshman crown of last year will not translate into too much success at the varsity level. Not with the current system. As for my reasoning for being at the D-B freshman game Saturday, if it's any of your business, my nephew plays for your beloved Indians and I'm a friend of Eddie's. The Hob Nob sure has good burgers huh E.D.? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Small world huh? I also have friends on the GC side of course. And, I love their style of play. But, no, I sat right behind D-B's bench.

Art, you are 100% correct about Steele. Love watching him play. Ailshie can play too you know? You guys will have a good group coming in next year also with the Robinson bunch. Sevier didn't have much this year for some odd reason. As for the GC team you played on Sat., they played half 8th graders and even one 7th grader. D-B won by a point. Probably could have been worse, but coach sub'd freely. At any rate, the future is bright for both schools on the hard wood! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB comes to home coming tonite with "Injuns" in idle, and "Post" their 3rd loss in a close one. But it'll fire "em up go'n into playoffs ultimately to take district & region.

Dang that crystal. I was only 1/2 right. If it weren't for that paint peeling party in the DB locker room at half time, East just might have won. Smoked 'em in the 3rd.

As stated on Sunday. East did a nice job hanging in there in the 1st half, but eventually DB's depth, athleticism, and most importantly, size wore down the Patriots. Looks like Science Hill will be the only team that can stop DB from going undefeated in the district.

your correct in all you said athleticism, size but don't leave out 3 more important other things about tonights game. you may not be able to guess so i will help, they were dressed like zebra's. had to be the worst called game of the year. i hope their boss give them the scores they deserve. but db does have a good team, don't think they can hang with the knox bunch. they will match up with size and that is important down the road.

.... DB is different than all other programs in this area in that playing on the freshman team is almost mandatory in order to be ???Morganized???, but if there are any standouts (I personally haven??™t heard any names) they will show up next year. In most of the other programs if a player shows the promise of being a TRUE standout they will never dress for the freshman games, but go straight to JV and sometimes (like a couple at East) go straight to Varsity. ......

Just so the record is straight, South's standout sophomore, Bailee Dick, started at point guard on the Rebel varsity last season.

.... I try to support our bball program, but it's hard. I love the kids, but I hate the system. To answer your question, the freshman crown of last year will not translate into too much success at the varsity level. Not with the current system. .....

Totally agree with you Scott. Great group of sophomores, but things look bleak with the current lethargic system. Fine group from seniors down, actually. I would not be surprised if the team is a shadow of it's former self, personel wise, in the future. It would have been nice to see the boys stay together for four years and continue the success they have had since 6th grade. I don't have any answers myself, but the underachieving system in place now surely isn't working. We fans were certainly hoping for more. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

So does that mean you agree or disagree with the statement? What record are you setting straight?

I ignore your statments for the most part Cap, so I can't tell you if the statement you speak of is true or not. Sorry, not being mean, just the truth. The record I speak of, is pointing out that East is not the only school to move outstanding freshman straight to varsity. Bailee went straight to starting. Just pointing out that there are others.