Best Coaches in Knoxville Area?

catpalace

For comparison purposes only, Anderson County has put a many a losses in the Fighting Irish win column and last time AC played Bearden it wasn't pretty....and AC was and is clearly the best team in your district.

tell me the last time a Bearden player took a "cheap"shot against any player....yep... that is what i thought. The only player to come out of Catholic that was worth anything was Matt Parton....I have to admit, that kid could flat out play!!!! Harrison Smith...also impressed by his athletisim...case in point he continued his career with another Fighting Irish. So please as the the great Lee Corson says. "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND"!!!! BTW....I don't think that I missed the question about underachieving....TANK YOU, COME AGAIN!!!!

AC was four games over .500 last year with no seniors and nearly beat Bearden last year on their home court......and they were not the best team in the district last year.....how's the desert treating ya? Also, would like to thank you for the inspiring devotions that you gave at men's/church league.....they often are used for reflection and for a pick-me-up when I get down in the dumps.....tanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gov-Man, eye haiv two uhgree with you about tha 'banch staffs.' Big Dave taiks up a lot of room.

Anuther thang that taiks up room is Jud's Broadcastin' Breefcase. Eye know Jud and krew use offishull striped shirts, unlike sum of our othur Blunt Countee Brethurn, butt hit dont haiv two bee that big. Eye saw Jud leavin' with that thang and eye could haiv put everythang eye own in hit.... and enuff room left over two store Rebelron and Rebelsman with a year's supply of Lost Ameegoes gwakeemolee..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not sure what Jud is carrying around in his "MareeeeeVille" briefcase, but if it big enough to store "guac" for both Rebelron and Rebelsman, he must have to have two or three people help him carry it in and out!

I asked Jimmy and CJ about wearing those striped shirts. Jimmy said "no". CJ said "*&%& NO!".

BTW, I just yesterday noticed a private message from you back in Jan asking about my lovely better half. She is recovering quite nicely. She has a clean bill of health and now just to get the physical strength back she lost in the whole ordeal. I truly appreciate you asking about her and more than that even, your prayers. Keep Cole on your list as well. Things are looking better, but he's been through a lot and has a long ways to go to recovery.

For comparison purposes only, Anderson County has put a many a losses in the Fighting Irish win column and last time AC played Bearden it wasn't pretty....and AC was and is clearly the best team in your district.

tell me the last time a Bearden player took a "cheap"shot against any player....yep... that is what i thought. The only player to come out of Catholic that was worth anything was Matt Parton....I have to admit, that kid could flat out play!!!! Harrison Smith...also impressed by his athletisim...case in point he continued his career with another Fighting Irish. So please as the the great Lee Corson says. "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND"!!!! BTW....I don't think that I missed the question about underachieving....TANK YOU, COME AGAIN!!!!

AC hasn't put many losses in the Irish column. A few I will buy. The Irish are 6-3 as I remember it since they entered the district vs. AC. You were the one that brought up the cheap shots when the refs weren't looking or as you called it "more physical" Before Matt Parton, the Irish had Brett Connor who was 1st team All-State that put up 44 and 38 in wins over Farragut and Powell which beat you those years.

If you didn't miss the question, how about your answer....did the Dogs underachieve this year falling short of the state tourney or a ring? It's a pretty simple question that you've seemed to evade.

Bearden didn't underachieve. They lost and went home. They played hard, and things didn't happen for them. To say they underachieved is incorrect. They lost at tough place against a tough team end of story. With that said, Bearden did disappoint, because everyone hyped them up to be invincible. They were far from it. Maryville beat them both times in regular season, that shows you that they were not invincible.

As far as Catholic crossing the pike to play Bearden, it won't happen. If i am correct and from what I have heard in the past, Catholic tries to schedule good teams in the area, Bearden being one of them, and Bearden always says no. Catholic had a very good 3 year run that I'm not sure any team from the area can match, and they weren't playing a weak schedule either.

Dont toot your horn too fast Catholic. 2 of those years was in weak Private School Division, and the 3rd year came when they went to public AA division, and still had recruited players on their team. Many of school could of done that under those circumstances. Now for Bearden, I am not sticking up for them, they do their fair share of recruiting players, and Jordan Rorex might be their next recruiting prospect. With that said, don't act like Catholic has done something that no one else has. Look at are teams like Fulton, AE, and Alcoa. They are regulars at the state tourney, and you don't see them on here tooting their horns about it. In fact their state tourney runs are completely legit.

Dont toot your horn too fast Catholic. 2 of those years was in weak Private School Division, and the 3rd year came when they went to public AA division, and still had recruited players on their team. Many of school could of done that under those circumstances. Now for Bearden, I am not sticking up for them, they do their fair share of recruiting players, and Jordan Rorex might be their next recruiting prospect. With that said, don't act like Catholic has done something that no one else has. Look at are teams like Fulton, AE, and Alcoa. They are regulars at the state tourney, and you don't see them on here tooting their horns about it. In fact their state tourney runs are completely legit.

Weak private school division...Have you heard of Brentwood Academy (5 straight titles)with Brandon Wright and Josh Bone and David Harrison 2 of the 3 are in the NBA. The middle TN and west TN teams are loaded in the private school division along with perrenial powers Baylor and McCallie. Do the names Elliot Williams, Leslie McDonald and the like mean anything to you. Wasn't acting like Catholic had done something no one has. Props to the 3 you mentioned but I would certainly put up the better private school teams with anybody that has played aroung here in the same time frame. It's not like the private school division is loaded with creampuffs!

And by the way who are the recruited players you're thinking of in the past few years? I'd like some names-please.

The last time Anderson County played Bearden was last year at the sweet sixteen tourney at Bearden. Bearden by four points in a very competitive game. Loudon won their district that year.

You are correct in that statement...I was thinking of 2 years ago, when the Bulldogs had TWhite JR....my bad on that one...I've had one to many beers since that game.

Face it, Bearden grossly underachieved in the tournament this year, and from what I observed, discipline was lacking on the team, and there appears to be a different standard on the team depending on whether or not you are a "star" or a role player.

FACE IT, when your team goes 33-4....regardless of the outcome of the season, I wouldn't classify that as underachieveing. heck, if we use your logic, then every team in America underachieves other than the Champion

If you didn't miss the question, how about your answer....did the Dogs underachieve this year falling short of the state tourney or a ring? It's a pretty simple question that you've seemed to evade.

The answer to your question is a simple one....with your logic, if you don't win a the state tourney or a ring then your team has under achieved....so basically there are only 5 teams in the entire state that at the end of the year, overachieved...I'm DONE SON!!!

AC was four games over .500 last year with no seniors and nearly beat Bearden last year on their home court......and they were not the best team in the district last year.....how's the desert treating ya? Also, would like to thank you for the inspiring devotions that you gave at men's/church league.....they often are used for reflection and for a pick-me-up when I get down in the dumps.....tanks

No worries, that is what I am here for...to inspire you to greatness....I was barely able to get them out cause I was so inspired by your mad skillz on the court...pure majestic BEAUTY!!!!

Let me clarify, not all private school divisions are weak. Just the one Catholic had to get through to get to state. Brentwood Acad. is a powerhouse, in fact as I recall you all never came close to beating them when you played them 1 time a year. Middle and West Tennessee Private schools are very strong, just not East Tenn private schools. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but its the truth.

Recruited players? Name me one in the last 5 years. The best players the last five years at Catholic were not recruited.

Tony Fox- Transfered from Notre Dame high school in Chatt. Not to mention he is a Catholic.

Brett Connor- Went to Catholic school all through elementary and middle school.

Matt Parton- Same can be said about him that is said about Connor

Tremane Brown- Same as Parton and Connor

Harrison Smith- Same as above

Ryan Walden- Mom has taught at Catholic at least 10 years.

Now tell me who Catholic has recruited. Seems to me that all the schools around them recruit more than them. And since when have Baylor and McCallie been weak teams? How about when Notre Dame had Adarius Bowman and all those other athletes? I think Catholic beat them when all those guys were there. So before you "toot your horn" too quick about recruiting get your facts straight.