Best Coaches in Knoxville Area?

catpalace

Bearden didn't underachieve. They lost and went home. They played hard, and things didn't happen for them. To say they underachieved is incorrect. They lost at tough place against a tough team end of story. With that said, Bearden did disappoint, because everyone hyped them up to be invincible. They were far from it. Maryville beat them both times in regular season, that shows you that they were not invincible.

That just ASINE Archie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but from the players that I mentioned, all went to the feeder schools into Catholic with the exception of Walden. What point are you trying to make?

If you read the opening line of my post you will see what type a point that I was making....not a point at all. Just asking a question for general knowledge

A quick question. Can any student of the Catholic faith attend Catholic High regardless of where they reside in the county?

As I am sure you know, there are no "zones" for the private schools. And as I am also sure you know, zoning doesn't really mean a whole lot in Knoxville with the exception of the very crowded schools. I have always been amazed at which schools kids attend after middle school. It looks like Whittles, Holston, Gibbs, South Doyle and Vine randomly feed Fulton, Austin East, South Doyle, Carter and Gibbs.

The whole recruiting thing is a complete farce. I am quite sure that most, if not all, of the coaches play by the rules. That doesn't mean that some of the parents are not active in trying to influence kids to go to certain schools, however.

Recruited players? Name me one in the last 5 years. The best players the last five years at Catholic were not recruited.

Tony Fox- Transfered from Notre Dame high school in Chatt. Not to mention he is a Catholic.

Brett Connor- Went to Catholic school all through elementary and middle school.

Matt Parton- Same can be said about him that is said about Connor

Tremane Brown- Same as Parton and Connor

Harrison Smith- Same as above

Ryan Walden- Mom has taught at Catholic at least 10 years.

Now tell me who Catholic has recruited. Seems to me that all the schools around them recruit more than them. And since when have Baylor and McCallie been weak teams? How about when Notre Dame had Adarius Bowman and all those other athletes? I think Catholic beat them when all those guys were there. So before you "toot your horn" too quick about recruiting get your facts straight.

Im not real sure why you would include Tony Fox in this list of good players from Catholic. Most overrated player i have ever seen.

Im not real sure why you would include Tony Fox in this list of good players from Catholic. Most overrated player i have ever seen.

I think he was just pointing out some of their better players from the last few years. Tony Fox had flashes of greatness like scoring 38 points in the second half to beat Baylor when they were one of the top ranked teams in the state. Was capable of shooting you to a win or a loss equally well. Also Tony played on the #1 ranked team in the NAIA. Overrated...maybe but he led Catholic to some big wins and a state tourney appearance.

Let me clarify, not all private school divisions are weak. Just the one Catholic had to get through to get to state. Brentwood Acad. is a powerhouse, in fact as I recall you all never came close to beating them when you played them 1 time a year. Middle and West Tennessee Private schools are very strong, just not East Tenn private schools. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but its the truth.

Nice premise but using your logic of a weak East Tn division, other than Maryville last year, when was the last time an ET team won a title? As a hint, the last time a team even made it to the Finals was AE in 2000-2001 and they lost. Obviously ET basketball is weak not only in the private school division but in the public one as well. That must mean it is easy to get thru those teams also. Last time we played Brentwood Academy it was a 3 point game until the 4th quarter. I promise you the Baylor, McCallie, and Notre Dame teams would have played with anyone in ET publics.

Okay I stopped reading after the first 3 pages because I was in shock that no one mentioned Ed McCollum from Greenback.

He began coaching the boys again in the 06-07 season. A team that before he entered won 9 games in 3 combined years. That first year the team won 11 games. Which for that school was amazing.

This year, they won 20+, district runner up, region runner up and went to Substate for the first time since 1985!! 1985!!! Im a grad of Greenback (played for the 11 win team of '07) and i wasnt born last time they went to Substate!

And it wasn't recruiting. The team that played this year is the same team that sat on the bench watching upperclassmen get 3 wins a season years ago. This man is unbelievable and is a hall of famer if there is such a thing in high school basketball.

Not sure what Jud is carrying around in his "MareeeeeVille" briefcase, but if it big enough to store "guac" for both Rebelron and Rebelsman, he must have to have two or three people help him carry it in and out!

I asked Jimmy and CJ about wearing those striped shirts. Jimmy said "no". CJ said "*&%& NO!".

BTW, I just yesterday noticed a private message from you back in Jan asking about my lovely better half. She is recovering quite nicely. She has a clean bill of health and now just to get the physical strength back she lost in the whole ordeal. I truly appreciate you asking about her and more than that even, your prayers. Keep Cole on your list as well. Things are looking better, but he's been through a lot and has a long ways to go to recovery.

Praise God for Cole's recovery!

I represent those comments by you and STARSNBARS. Besides, I havn't been to "Lost Ameegoes" since.......well.........last night. Me and Rebelswoman shared the Fajitas Combo and she don't like Guakeemoli so we left it off, thank you very much. RebelsonII had Quesadillas without Guakeemoli. Rebelron wasn't even there. So, Yun's need to get your story straight. Besides me and Rebelron are not overweight..........we're just undertall! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ya'll need to pray for old Rebelsman. Shorty (aka RebelsonI) is done! It's over! Mars Hill Beat CN in the first round of the tournament. No more BBall for him (maybe Europe). I am so depressed, /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Okay I stopped reading after the first 3 pages because I was in shock that no one mentioned Ed McCollum from Greenback.

He began coaching the boys again in the 06-07 season. A team that before he entered won 9 games in 3 combined years. That first year the team won 11 games. Which for that school was amazing.

This year, they won 20+, district runner up, region runner up and went to Substate for the first time since 1985!! 1985!!! Im a grad of Greenback (played for the 11 win team of '07) and i wasnt born last time they went to Substate!

And it wasn't recruiting. The team that played this year is the same team that sat on the bench watching upperclassmen get 3 wins a season years ago. This man is unbelievable and is a hall of famer if there is such a thing in high school basketball.

Good call on Ed McCollum. You needed to mention his dominant girls teams and their numerous district, region and state appearances.

Praise God for Cole's recovery!

I represent those comments by you and STARSNBARS. Besides, I havn't been to "Lost Ameegoes" since.......well.........last night. Me and Rebelswoman shared the Fajitas Combo and she don't like Guakeemoli so we left it off, thank you very much. RebelsonII had Quesadillas without Guakeemoli. Rebelron wasn't even there. So, Yun's need to get your story straight. Besides me and Rebelron are not overweight..........we're just undertall! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ya'll need to pray for old Rebelsman. Shorty (aka RebelsonI) is done! It's over! Mars Hill Beat CN in the first round of the tournament. No more BBall for him (maybe Europe). I am so depressed, /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I've never been able to eat guacamole since the diaper changing days of raising 3 young ones ... I struggle with something on my plate that resembles what I used to see in those Pampers. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I imagine it is pretty emotional seeing Andy play his final college game. I've been so proud of him. While I know CN has been a great experience for him and I know they've loved having him, I'm convinced (especially after Rocky Top this summer) that he could have played--and played well--with the big boys (D1). If Europe is in his future, I'm sure he'll do well. If not, I know he'll use that college education to embark on a great career in whatever he does.

Hey, you've still got RebelsonII. He's gonna be a fine high school (and college?) player as well I believe. And speaking of that "undertall" thing ... I've often thanked the Good Lord that he chose to make me 6'4". If I wasn't, I'd really be fat!!! Right now, I'm just "kind of fat." /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I've never been able to eat guacamole since the diaper changing days of raising 3 young ones ... I struggle with something on my plate that resembles what I used to see in those Pampers. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I imagine it is pretty emotional seeing Andy play his final college game. I've been so proud of him. While I know CN has been a great experience for him and I know they've loved having him, I'm convinced (especially after Rocky Top this summer) that he could have played--and played well--with the big boys (D1). If Europe is in his future, I'm sure he'll do well. If not, I know he'll use that college education to embark on a great career in whatever he does.

Hey, you've still got RebelsonII. He's gonna be a fine high school (and college?) player as well I believe. And speaking of that "undertall" thing ... I've often thanked the Good Lord that he chose to make me 6'4". If I wasn't, I'd really be fat!!! Right now, I'm just "kind of fat." /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

(1. That's nasty!!!!

(2. Seriously, I feel like there is an empty spot. It's kinda' wierd.

(3. If RebelsonII don't get his act together in school he may not make it to college age. Rebelswoman is going to take him out!