USJ at Milan

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan needs to take the game film and send it to TSSAA for the officials that were blowing calls lef and right. USJ had 2 scores that shouldnt have happened. Milan needs a new defensive coach bad. Maybe I will get that call someday.

Milan needs a new defensive coach? Try taking out the top 2 DBs on any team and filling them in with young players that haven't played much at all this year vs. a team that passes 95 percent of the time. Not as easy as on Madden young Jedi.

Milan stats: 376 rushing, 110 passing.

USJ stats: -1 rushing, 435 passing.

Total offense combined 921 yards. That is a good offensive game. Good game. I think the better team did win. I would like to see this game played with Milan at full strength. No excuses, but 3 of the secondary starters were out of this game. That does hurt a little bit.

It wouldn't have mattered. Milan never bumped the receivers in the first 5 yds. which let Overby get in a rythym.

Best QB I"ve seen in a long time.

Milan needs to take the game film and send it to TSSAA for the officials that were blowing calls lef and right. USJ had 2 scores that shouldnt have happened. Milan needs a new defensive coach bad. Maybe I will get that call someday.

Husker, you're just an idiot. Calls were blown yes, but they were calls that shoulda been pass interference on Milan. Probably 5-6 times.

And what would you have done different on defense? Hmmm? Wait, don't answer that. I don't think I can handle anymore of your spew.

It seems everyone blames refs, and nobody likes to hear stories about how bad the refs are. I also think the job is harder than everyone makes it out to be so I try to go pretty easy on the zebras, but I have a question. Milan is about to punt...4th and 3. Before Milan snaps the ball a USJ lineman lunged. It looked to me like he entered the neutral zone. When this happend a Milan lineman stepped back. A flag was thrown. The refs conversed and eveyone was trying to figure out if it would go agains USJ for neutral zone or against Milan for false start. The ref picked up the flag and waved it off. Now it is undeniable that someone committed a penalty. Who was to blame could have been debated. But how do you wave off the falg? Everyone saw 2 players move early. This was one of several very questionable calls. It just confused me.

Milan did well considering 3 starting DBs were out and our best Offensive lineman was out for over a half (he's ok, just a bad bruise). With our regular DBs in the game, Overby doesn't have quite the same success. USJ is much improved from years past, especially their lines. I was impressed with their pass protection. Gilbert 250 yards and 4 TDs. He's real good.

USJ is much better than they have been in a while. QB and WRs execute very well and the O-line did a pretty good job protecting tonight. Would like to see more blitzing out of Milan and probably would have had the three DBs not been out. Yes the refs were lost and the worst we've seen all year but they looked old and tired so we'll leave it at that. Not having JW and Peoples in on offense also limited our play calling as far as spreading them out of that stacking the box stuff though Gilbert, Bledsoe, and Williamson were carrying 3 defenders every play. Got another test on the road next week. Gonna see a lot more of what we saw tonight but I heard JCS' running back had a very good night so they are obviously not one deminsional like USJ. Need to get our guys healthy this week and get some practice in pass coverage. Some young guys got some valuable experience tonight after being thrown into the fire.

Having seen both USJ and JCS play this year. JCS's recievers and quarterback, are not as talented as USJ's. JCS has a better run game for sure, but Milan should make JCS one deminsional in their up coming game. JCS's runningback is talented, but if Milan limits him early, JCS will turn the ball over and Milan will role. I like Milan big vs. JCS.