big 9 basketball

unc1

The seat can get hot if you're not playing for state championships every few years. That was the standard George Pitts created. I would think Coach Cut is there as long as he wants to be unless things nosedive.

Coach is well liked by SHHS staff and administration. He has taken heat but some local folks stirred the pot and created some perceptions that were not necessarily true. I believe Coach Cut has survived the storm unless things nosedive like crawdad commented.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach is well liked by SHHS staff and administration. He has taken heat but some local folks stirred the pot and created some perceptions that were not necessarily true. I believe Coach Cut has survived the storm unless things nosedive like crawdad commented.

Staff and administration support are all you need. Glad he has it. Sometimes the public expectations and reality and not really that close.

I'm with you. They are either games, or they are pure scrimmages. HOF are like sitting a horse bareback and after a while it hurts and there is not much point to them.

They should just make them all exhibitions like the colleges play. You can play your two that week give your money to TSSAA and nothing counts on your record win or lose. It's a great opportunity to play some young kids early before you get into your district schedule.

Hey, Tsporstfan we never got the skinny on the DB Boone game. What happened??¦wasn??™t this game in the BVH Dome? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Come on Cap,quit ignoring me. Where you been? A little playful pre-game banter and you don't respond. Surely the Rebels pose some entertainment value. Seating arrangement is different at South this year. You guys will be on the far side across from the benches. You're welcome to sit with me and Comp though if you choose. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Come on Cap,quit ignoring me. Where you been? A little playful pre-game banter and you don't respond. Surely the Rebels pose some entertainment value. Seating arrangement is different at South this year. You guys will be on the far side across from the benches. You're welcome to sit with me and Comp though if you choose. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I??™m not ignoring ya Crawdad. It??™s just that this thread has been around for a while now??¦it would be a shame to have it shut down just because you lost your cool??¦because you do know that??™s the way ???playful banter??? with me many times ends up! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Then you??™ll have to face your boys at the game and they??™ll be givin you that ???oh??¦he got you too??? look. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> But since you brought it up??¦.I was just getting ready to say that I was reading a post on the IMAC thread where a poster said ???Watching Mo. West dismantle South Monday night was painful???. Wait a minute??¦..that was you! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> And what??™s the deal with the changing sides thing? That??™s usually the first step??¦and if that don??™t work the coach is the next change. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I?€™m not ignoring ya Crawdad. It?€™s just that this thread has been around for a while now?€¦it would be a shame to have it shut down just because you lost your cool?€¦because you do know that?€™s the way ?€œplayful banter?€? with me many times ends up! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Then you?€™ll have to face your boys at the game and they?€™ll be givin you that ?€œoh?€¦he got you too?€? look. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> But since you brought it up?€¦.I was just getting ready to say that I was reading a post on the IMAC thread where a poster said ?€œWatching Mo. West dismantle South Monday night was painful?€?. Wait a minute?€¦..that was you! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> And what?€™s the deal with the changing sides thing? That?€™s usually the first step?€¦and if that don?€™t work the coach is the next change. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Now that's the Cap we know and love! Hope Corey has a good game but Mason is gonna get lost in our new Bermuda triangle defense. Start warming up the crow sauce. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hey, Tsporstfan we never got the skinny on the DB Boone game. What happened? Wasn't this game in the BVH Dome? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Sorry it took me so long Cap, I had to call into Sportsline with Bill Meade and stick up for my Baltimore Ravens.

Yes sir, it was at Buck Van Huss. The sad thing was I went to the game to relax after a rather stressful day working with the kids. I sat with a friend of mines parents, the same folks I sat with at the Sullivan Central debacle. We joked about how the last time we sat together the Tribe played absolutely horrible and wondered if it was even possible for that to happen again. To our amazement, it did.

For starters, Coach Morgan was out of town, awaiting medical results with his family in Nashville. Pray for them, by the way. Coach Baker, an assistant coach, a former head coach at Sullivan North earlier this decade, was the stand in head coach for the night.

Next, the 'fab five' underachieved in a manner I've never seen. They looked no better than a average, .500, team. It was very apparent they weren't mentally in the game. It was written all over their faces. Their body language was poor, very lathergic, and they played lazy to boot. The only two that showed any spark, out of the seven that regularly play, were Sylvester and Halverson. I'm glad Halverson came to play in the last few minutes of regulation and overtime, otherwise the mental stability of the team would've mirrored the economic downturn.

Then, on defense, nobody could guard Nick Jones. I know, I'm shocked too. Jones would simply put his head down, dribble drive to the basketball and dish, or pull up and knock down a jumper. Sylvester couldn't guard him, Halverson couldn't guard him. Nobody moved their feet! Adams did a poor job defending most of the night as well. Overall, the defensive performance was very poor.

Offensivley, we were out rebounded, and out played. There we alot of trips down the floor where the Indians settled for one shot attempt. The inside game through Edwards was not utilized, outside shooting wasn't hitting until late. Again, they looked very average.

The saying for this team still holds true, 'they play up or down to

their competitions level, they are their own worst enemy.'

I'll give credit to Daniel Boone though, they were looking at a 12-0 defecit right out of the gate, but never gave up. The Trailblazers, for the most part, shot lights out and outhustled us. They had nothing to lose.

I assume the Indians performance was somewhat similar to the Vikings perfomance earlier in the year when Daniel Boone took them to overtime?

Sorry it took me so long Cap, I had to call into Sportsline with Bill Meade and stick up for my Baltimore Ravens.

Yes sir, it was at Buck Van Huss. The sad thing was I went to the game to relax after a rather stressful day working with the kids. I sat with a friend of mines parents, the same folks I sat with at the Sullivan Central debacle. We joked about how the last time we sat together the Tribe played absolutely horrible and wondered if it was even possible for that to happen again. To our amazement, it did.

For starters, Coach Morgan was out of town, awaiting medical results with his family in Nashville. Pray for them, by the way. Coach Baker, an assistant coach, a former head coach at Sullivan North earlier this decade, was the stand in head coach for the night.

Next, the 'fab five' underachieved in a manner I've never seen. They looked no better than a average, .500, team. It was very apparent they weren't mentally in the game. It was written all over their faces. Their body language was poor, very lathergic, and they played lazy to boot. The only two that showed any spark, out of the seven that regularly play, were Sylvester and Halverson. I'm glad Halverson came to play in the last few minutes of regulation and overtime, otherwise the mental stability of the team would've mirrored the economic downturn.

Then, on defense, nobody could guard Nick Jones. I know, I'm shocked too. Jones would simply put his head down, dribble drive to the basketball and dish, or pull up and knock down a jumper. Sylvester couldn't guard him, Halverson couldn't guard him. Nobody moved their feet! Adams did a poor job defending most of the night as well. Overall, the defensive performance was very poor.

Offensivley, we were out rebounded, and out played. There we alot of trips down the floor where the Indians settled for one shot attempt. The inside game through Edwards was not utilized, outside shooting wasn't hitting until late. Again, they looked very average.

I'll give credit to Daniel Boone though, they were looking at a 12-0 defecit right out of the gate, but never gave up. The Trailblazers, for the most part, shot lights out and outhustled us. They had nothing to lose.

I assume the Indians performance was somewhat similar to the Vikings perfomance earlier in the year when Daniel Boone took them to overtime?

Good recap.I have said all year they are not playing team ball.Win one-loose one.Too many Lone Rangers.

Good recap.I have said all year they are not playing team ball.Win one-loose one.Too many Lone Rangers.

I will totally agree with that statement et.... The strange thing is that I don't think it is a selfish kind of "non-team ball" though. It is like taking the street game and trying to make it work in a TEAM atmosphere. And the glue that will get it sticking into one unit was not there that night. CMO can take the street game and make it fit to a TEAM aspect. It just goes to show you that you can have all the talent and savvy you desire on the court, but if you cannot make each other better and FLOW together (chemistry), then you will always fall short of expectations. Buck always taught us that five "fundamentally sound players will always beat the five more talented players with no fundamentals." I'm not saying they don't have fundamentals, but something is not clicking just yet. I hope my ALMA can get it together by district time. I can't believe another season is almost over. You seniors better enjoy the last 3 weeks of the regular season, then it tightens up and the ole "one-and-done" theme will be in the back of your mind. GOD Bless..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Why is it that when DB is in a close game or happens to lose, it's always "THEY PLAY DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL", or they are not playing as a team. Always some kind of excuse. How about maybe "THEY NOT AS GREAT AS YOU THINK THEY ARE". They barely squeaked out wins against Boone, Vol. and was beaten by Central. The Big 9 is as weak as I have ever seen it. I guess it really shows how much the guys from last years DB team was missed.