Tennessee High @ Greeneville

Class 4A Round 2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Round 2

I'll try too sneak this one and leave it .I look forward look forward to seeing both teams again next friday.Both have a lot of talent and it should be a very good game.The winner will have a very big task against South if they win as well.I look forward to seeing that game a week later.Good luck in an injury free game.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this years devil team compare to last to years team?

couch...they are twice as good. They play smart. I haven't seen them play without Greenway but I don't think they will skip a beat. Plus they have Barner back. I would like to know what kind of foot injury he actually had in the first place. Did he break his ankle? Did he break his foot? And if he broke his foot...which metatarsils did he break? It's is a crucial question. Because if he broke 3 then he is not healed fully. If he broke one then he is good to go. A foot break in the midsection is not a quick heal and can be rebroken very easily. It could take up to 8-9 months to be fully funtional under RB circumstances. An accident waiting to happen in my view.

Anyone? how about it Barb?

This is just my opinion but this years Greeneville team is better on the Offence side of the ball than last years. They return alot of skilled positions from last year and have put up more points than last year. The defence hasn't been as solid as last year, but i'm bias about that. The offence has scored 368 points this year through 11 games were last year scored 325 through 12 games. This Years D has given up 250 points through 11 games where last years team gave up 156 through 12 games. The Defence has come along way since the beggining of the year. They only start 3 seniors compared to 9 last year. If they play like they did Against Morristown East it could be a really long night for the Vikes.....How is Tennessee High's team this year compared to last year?

This is just my opinion but this years Greeneville team is better on the Offence side of the ball than last years. They return alot of skilled positions from last year and have put up more points than last year. The defence hasn't been as solid as last year, but i'm bias about that. The offence has scored 368 points this year through 11 games were last year scored 325 through 12 games. This Years D has given up 250 points through 11 games where last years team gave up 156 through 12 games. The Defence has come along way since the beggining of the year. They only start 3 seniors compared to 9 last year. If they play like they did Against Morristown East it could be a really long night for the Vikes.....How is Tennessee High's team this year compared to last year?

Good stuff Ryan 22

The only game i saw you guys play last year, was the playoff game at south and that was just not your night. the viking team of this year..well just depends on which team decides to show up. still waiting for a complete game in all phases. Against West we did pretty much whatever we wanted on O. on D well lets just say some things should get addressed this week ...I hope. We are young also on D but very physical and improving every week. offense is very multiple when given the chance. West game is the worst they have looked all year IMO on D. just a fluke i hope.If we show up to play like Besy and west games ..well this could be a barn burner. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The only game i saw you guys play last year, was the playoff game at south and that was just not your night. the viking team of this year..well just depends on which team decides to show up. still waiting for a complete game in all phases. Against West we did pretty much whatever we wanted on O. on D well lets just say some things should get addressed this week ...I hope. We are young also on D but very physical and improving every week. offense is very multiple when given the chance. West game is the worst they have looked all year IMO on D. just a fluke i hope.If we show up to play like Besy and west games ..well this could be a barn burner. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Please don't remind me of the South game during playoffs, I'll never forget that game. We decided not to play the 2nd half it seemed like....by far our worst game of the year. Sounds like both teams are alike. Should be a great game to watch on Friday Night

You don't know how many times over the years I have told people to turn off their lights. The problem is they do it to the home team too /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . I wish they just got the opponents like a deer in the road. retirement is good. I forgot about the lights /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For as long as I can remember people have parked in that end zone. The improvements which have been made did knock out some of the parking spots. I wish they would have been able to place more spots up top for those folks, and hopefully some day they will.....I would say it is annoying to the refs as well especially when they have to stop the game to tell people multiple times to turn off those lights!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Barb, what are your thoughts on where Greeneville will be placed next year considering Central is planning to show up this Wednesday to appeal TSSAA's decision? The Bristol Herald Courier article noted that Central has documentation that their current population isn't high enough to be placed in 5A.

I think Wednesday is kinda late for an appeal considering announcement will be made Thursday on district alignment. And if I had to weigh Central's political clout against Greeneville's with TSSAA I'd have to say Greeneville would come out on top....however if TSSAA has already decided to place Greeneville in region 2 the point is moot.

From tssaa.org:

BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Embassy Suites

November 12-13, 2008

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting

3. Drawing for State Wrestling Tournament

4. 2008 Regional Meetings

5. Review of 2008 Fall Sports Tournaments

6. Proposal from District 14AAA and Bolton High School in Regard to Football Playoffs

The basic proposal is that no team that has not won five games could qualify for the football playoffs.

7. Proposal for Change in Subdivisions in Football Playoffs from Henry County High School and Morristown East High School

In the new classification format we have placed all schools in Division I in Class A, AA, and AAA. After schools moved up, we then subdivided each classification so that A has 1A and 2A in football; AA has 3A and 4A in football; and AAA has 5A and 6A in football.

The proposal from Henry County and Morristown East is that subdividing should take place at the first point when schools are placed in the three classes. Schools would then still have the opportunity to move up but the moving up would not cause a school to be bumped from 5A to 6A or from 3A to 4A.

8. Sullivan Central Appeals Classification AAA

9. River City High School of Leadership & Service Requests Membership in TSSAA

10. Knoxville Christian School Requests an Exception to the Cooperative Programs Rule

11. Proposed Resolution for Medigap Insurance Option for Retired Employees of TSSAA

12. Proposals to Host Girls' Soccer Tournament in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012

Letters were sent to anyone interested and all major cities regarding interest in hosting the Girls' State Soccer Tournaments for 2009-2012. Proposals are from Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and a letter from Mr. Dave LeMarbre, Director, Hendersonville Parks & Recreation Department.

13. Placing Schools in Districts and Regions in all Sports for the 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and 2012-2013 Classification Period

The Board will be responsible for placing all schools in districts and regions in all sports in both divisions for the 2009-2013 classification period. Supplement #9 contains all of the letters of input we have received from schools in regard to district alignments. Members of the Board should go through and read all of these letters from schools throughout the state.

We will begin the classification process of placing in districts and regions on Thursday, November 13, at 9:00 a.m.

14. For the Good of the Order

15. Litigation Report

16. Hardships

From tssaa.org:

BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Embassy Suites

November 12-13, 2008

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting

3. Drawing for State Wrestling Tournament

4. 2008 Regional Meetings

5. Review of 2008 Fall Sports Tournaments

6. Proposal from District 14AAA and Bolton High School in Regard to Football Playoffs

The basic proposal is that no team that has not won five games could qualify for the football playoffs.

7. Proposal for Change in Subdivisions in Football Playoffs from Henry County High School and Morristown East High School

In the new classification format we have placed all schools in Division I in Class A, AA, and AAA. After schools moved up, we then subdivided each classification so that A has 1A and 2A in football; AA has 3A and 4A in football; and AAA has 5A and 6A in football.

The proposal from Henry County and Morristown East is that subdividing should take place at the first point when schools are placed in the three classes. Schools would then still have the opportunity to move up but the moving up would not cause a school to be bumped from 5A to 6A or from 3A to 4A.

8. Sullivan Central Appeals Classification AAA

9. River City High School of Leadership & Service Requests Membership in TSSAA

10. Knoxville Christian School Requests an Exception to the Cooperative Programs Rule

11. Proposed Resolution for Medigap Insurance Option for Retired Employees of TSSAA

12. Proposals to Host Girls' Soccer Tournament in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012

Letters were sent to anyone interested and all major cities regarding interest in hosting the Girls' State Soccer Tournaments for 2009-2012. Proposals are from Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and a letter from Mr. Dave LeMarbre, Director, Hendersonville Parks & Recreation Department.

13. Placing Schools in Districts and Regions in all Sports for the 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and 2012-2013 Classification Period

The Board will be responsible for placing all schools in districts and regions in all sports in both divisions for the 2009-2013 classification period. Supplement #9 contains all of the letters of input we have received from schools in regard to district alignments. Members of the Board should go through and read all of these letters from schools throughout the state.

We will begin the classification process of placing in districts and regions on Thursday, November 13, at 9:00 a.m.

14. For the Good of the Order

15. Litigation Report

16. Hardships

Thanks for the info but does anyone really think the all powerful TSSAA is gonna flinch on any of these points?