Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

So tell me, If he puts up another hundred on them this week what will be the excuse? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well all i'm going to say is that Greenevilles coaching staff knows exactly why the south running back had a big game.......They tackled poorly!!! But beware that won't happen this time greeneville is gonna come out ready to play with Barner running 100 % now and Trevon Hall playing as well as we've seen him and tyler stewart and the D stopping the run the only thing Greeneville needs to be worried about is the South Arial attack!!! Plain and simple

GO Devils!!!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he is saying is going over your head. he is saying he is more worried about South's passing game then there ground game. make since now

Nope! No more "sense" than your other post! He was saying that HE isn't worried about South's ground game! I say GOOD! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But I am positive that you coaching staff doesn't feel the same way!

REBEL NATION!

Nope! No more "sense" than your other post! He was saying that HE isn't worried about South's ground game! I say GOOD! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But I am positive that you coaching staff doesn't feel the same way!

REBEL NATION!

Thats his opinion. Im sure the coach's know what its going to take to beat south. They will be ready for the passing an ground game trust me

Thats his opinion. Im sure the coach's know what its going to take to beat south. They will be ready for the passing an ground game trust me

Now you get what I was saying! Not sure about that last part though?

Good luck to both teams and hope they both have a great week of practice! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REBEL NATION!

What I meant was Greeneville lost one of their best players but gained one back from injury. If Hall was as good as Barner or Greenway, he would have started over them at that position instead of being the backup. I am no taking anything away from Hall. He is a great player, and plus to have a kid that can play so many positions. Greeneville will still have to stop South's running game, which they didn't the last time they played.

Hall has been starting back this season...not Barner's back-up. Greenway was a 4 year starter, so unless Hall was BETTER, what reason would there be for him to move to QB. I believe Greeneville did as good a job against the run as South did last game...and Hall sat out most of the game. Turnovers were key in the loss to South.

So tell me, If he puts up another hundred on them this week what will be the excuse? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You act like 100 yds in a game is a big feat. Trevon had nearly 70 yard in less than a half against South the first time. Greeneville's defense has gotten alot stronger since we held him to 100yds the first time, plus it's a little different on rug instead of grass. You clowns are blowing this way out of proportion. I was saying that I'm more worried about South's passing game.

You act like 100 yds in a game is a big feat. Trevon had nearly 70 yard in less than a half against South the first time. Greeneville's defense has gotten alot stronger since we held him to 100yds the first time, plus it's a little different on rug instead of grass. You clowns are blowing this way out of proportion. I was saying that I'm more worried about South's passing game.

Pass defense is my chief concern also on the heels of the less-than-stellar performance against TH.

Pass defense is my chief concern also on the heels of the less-than-stellar performance against TH.

Exactly. Brock, Landon and Wes had been doing a great job not letting anyone behind them, but last week they really fell off. But I'm sure Coach Mac is aware of that, just as you and I. He'll find a way to make it better. (we hope /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

Exactly. Brock, Landon and Wes had been doing a great job not letting anyone behind them, but last week they really fell off. But I'm sure Coach Mac is aware of that, just as you and I. He'll find a way to make it better. (we hope /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

Perhaps in the future you might choose your words more carefully as not to offend our sensitive friends to the north.

Kevo and Barb...most of the Greenville posters are a straightup common sense group of supporters. I'll even include 7Devils in that group. Facts are that for both '07 and '08 I picked Greeneville to win the IMAC in preseason. In my humble opinion Greenway was your downfall consistantly. Yes, he was a fine QB and we had trouble from him but he was in no way top shelf material. I stated way back that he was D1 potential but many things play into that. He was a loose canon and was not consistant week to week. I haven't seen you play since his departure but based on numbers I feel you are better off without him and by a large margin. I think your chances of taking South are greater with your current lineup than before. Before, as Greenway went so Greeneville went. I believe now the team is self motivated instead to depend on Greenway to lead the frey. That's a good thing for Greenville. You are now a machine with multiple weapons and many angles almost identical to South. And just as identical are our Defenses in that they have the abilities to play lock down football but maybe have issues on when and where to do that.

South proved they can play championship D against Science Hill and especially THS. The 'Toppers were no slouch. Neither were the Vikings. Granted, they probably intended to play their best football against South but they just did not show up...and in their house. Now you say because we had trouble with Cherokee and MoEast that you will hand us our hat. Might very well be but I believe that we both will come to play lights out football this week and who wins will be the unabashed champion with the credentials to go to the quarters. On any given Friday night is what is said and the Rebels just did not come to play against Cherokee or MoEast. Trust me...that won't' happen this week. Just as we know you will come to play. You have the home field advantage and that is probably the largest trump for this game simply because everyone knows it will give us fits. Your D is fast and we remember that.

As far as predicting Greeneville to lose against the teams I chose, my logic was based on my view of x's and o's. I was wrong. That happens occasionally. It was not a discount. Not by any means. And I don't think Hall has had his best game yet. And I am an advocate of 5'8'/5'9" running backs. Especially at the college level. So yes, Barner has my attention. After all, he took us to the cleaners last year in game one.

As far as Fletcher is concerned, in the Greenville game he had 9 carries for 113 and 2 TD's. I mean I guess you can find many ways to discount that. I understand how you can not be concerned with his presence simply because he only averages 15 carries a game (at an 8.5 clip by the way). He has 17 receptions for close to 300 yds with 27 TD's rushing and 4 recieving. True, he is not a power runner. You can say you did not tackle well and that is why he had what he had. All our people are saying is that breaking tackles is his forte'. No, he will not get the Keenan Shepard affect...30 carries a game. But based on his averages and his performance at Science Hill (29 carries) he can handle a heavy load and keep trucking. All of his yards begin up the gut. Now where he goes after he hits LB territory is anybody's guess. He currently has over 1500 yards. Is he better than Barner or Hall? Well according to you, of course not. And understandably so. All I can say is you may stop him cold but the statistics show that stop him or not he will still break a at least two big runs and most likely for scores on anybody we play.

Hall has power running abilities and that is bank. We traditionally have problems with power runners. And from the looks of things Barner has not been slowed be his injury whatsoever. My respect is there. Both these guys are good. So are your's better than the ours? My take is they just have different styles and different skill sets. One thing is for sure...the fans are in for a show.

Now you are concerned about our passing game. Well, last week is the only devastating week we have had in that regard. Make no mistake it was devastating. If our passing game can take a sabatical two weeks in a row then you deserve to win.

So it is early in the week but the stage is set and we are evenly matched. The only thing to discuss now is to compare linemen. By the way, we have a Barner or our own. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Kevo and Barb...most of the Greenville posters are a straightup common sense group of supporters. I'll even include 7Devils in that group. Facts are that for both '07 and '08 I picked Greeneville to win the IMAC in preseason. In my humble opinion Greenway was your downfall consistantly. Yes, he was a fine QB and we had trouble from him but he was in no way top shelf material. I stated way back that he was D1 potential but many things play into that. He was a loose canon and was not consistant week to week. I haven't seen you play since his departure but based on numbers I feel you are better off without him and by a large margin. I think your chances of taking South are greater with your current lineup than before. Before, as Greenway went so Greeneville went. I believe now the team is self motivated instead to depend on Greenway to lead the frey. That's a good thing for Greenville. You are now a machine with multiple weapons and many angles almost identical to South. And just as identical are our Defenses in that they have the abilities to play lock down football but maybe have issues on when and where to do that.

South proved they can play championship D against Science Hill and especially THS. The 'Toppers were no slouch. Neither were the Vikings. Granted, they probably intended to play their best football against South but they just did not show up...and in their house. Now you say because we had trouble with Cherokee and MoEast that you will hand us our hat. Might very well be but I believe that we both will come to play lights out football this week and who wins will be the unabashed champion with the credentials to go to the quarters. On any given Friday night is what is said and the Rebels just did not come to play against Cherokee or MoEast. Trust me...that won't' happen this week. Just as we know you will come to play. You have the home field advantage and that is probably the largest trump for this game simply because everyone knows it will give us fits. Your D is fast and we remember that.

As far as predicting Greeneville to lose against the teams I chose, my logic was based on my view of x's and o's. I was wrong. That happens occasionally. It was not a discount. Not by any means. And I don't think Hall has had his best game yet. And I am an advocate of 5'8'/5'9" running backs. Especially at the college level. So yes, Barner has my attention. After all, he took us to the cleaners last year in game one.

As far as Fletcher is concerned, in the Greenville game he had 9 carries for 113 and 2 TD's. I mean I guess you can find many ways to discount that. I understand how you can not be concerned with his presence simply because he only averages 15 carries a game (at an 8.5 clip by the way). He has 17 receptions for close to 300 yds with 27 TD's rushing and 4 recieving. True, he is not a power runner. You can say you did not tackle well and that is why he had what he had. All our people are saying is that breaking tackles is his forte'. No, he will not get the Keenan Shepard affect...30 carries a game. But based on his averages and his performance at Science Hill (29 carries) he can handle a heavy load and keep trucking. All of his yards begin up the gut. Now where he goes after he hits LB territory is anybody's guess. He currently has over 1500 yards. Is he better than Barner or Hall? Well according to you, of course not. And understandably so. All I can say is you may stop him cold but the statistics show that stop him or not he will still break a at least two big runs and most likely for scores on anybody we play.

Hall has power running abilities and that is bank. We traditionally have problems with power runners. And from the looks of things Barner has not been slowed be his injury whatsoever. My respect is there. Both these guys are good. So are your's better than the ours? My take is they just have different styles and different skill sets. One thing is for sure...the fans are in for a show.

Now you are concerned about our passing game. Well, last week is the only devastating week we have had in that regard. Make no mistake it was devastating. If our passing game can take a sabatical two weeks in a row then you deserve to win.

So it is early in the week but the stage is set and we are evenly matched. The only thing to discuss now is to compare linemen. By the way, we have a Barner or our own. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I try to be as objective as possible...fortunately most things I post are actually filtered through my brain first. If you examine the stats from our first meeting its easy to see why South came away with the W. While both teams put up comparable numbers on offense, Greeneville's inability to convert on 3rd down combined with some devastating fumbles cost them dearly. South led time of posession by nearly 9 minutes....and if you give this potent Rebel offense the ball for 28 minutes a game you'll lose every time. Both teams have come a long way since mid September, I have seen Greeneville mature as a team under a great coaching staff as I'm sure your boys have. I am sure they will leave it all on the field Friday and we can come together behind the winner and face Maryville as the perennial underdogs that we are.

The reason Hall didn't start last year on Offence was because he played CB. We needed a lock down corner and didn't need him on offence as much last year. So please don't think Trevon is a backup in anyway.

I said Hall was a great player. I don't think he is a backup. I was giving him credit for being adaptable to different positions.