All Time Top 5 Teams In Tennessee?

UPSGregg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nununu

That Maryville 98 team had the best offensive line I have ever seen. Nick Black went on to start at Clemson before he had a career ending injury. Chuck Prugh plays a lot at UT. 1 other starter played at the Naval Academy and another starter played at Carson Newman.

The 98 team had no weakness. No one ran the ball on them. Big strong defensive line,Active linebackers and a secondary with 3 guys who ran under a 4.6.

Not only did Maryville have a strong offensive line. They had a quarterback who went to NC State.They had 2 running backs go to Tennessee Tech. They also had 2 receivers who ran a 4.6 or better.

Maryville also had 2 kickers who kicked field goals from 50 yds. They were excellent punters also. They kicked nearly every ball in the end zone.

There is no way Pearl Cohn would have beat Maryville in 1998. Pearl Cohn lost 20 out of 22 starters on their team from 1997. Maryville played 2 teams(Knox Central and Elizabethon) that year that would have drilled Whites Creek also.

Alcoas nationally ranked 89' team

-shannon Mitchell- UGA/ chargers- still holds the record for most catches in a game at uga with 15 against florida

-billy williams- ut/arizona cardinals & washington redskins

-jamie henry -ut

-chad smith-

-tyris gilmore-mississippi state

-kevin jackson-football/baseball-tennessee tech

-Homer Henderson, russ wimbley

Also Alcoas 2000 team had 15-0 record and won the schools 5th state title...thats enough to get a mention fro.m me

featured 3 time 100 meter state champ james rainer and mr. football qb michael george. a team that was loaded with speed and finished the season giving up a school record 6.8 ppg while scoring 37 ppg

i haven't read all of the posts, but pleeeeezzz tell me that someone put the '94 and 2001 Riverdale teams on here.  i think the '94 team was probably the best out of the two--something like seven players off of that team signed with d-1 schools.  these two teams need to be on here.

825289869[/snapback]

That having been said, I agree with the 94 Riverdale team being outstanding. I also have to agree with prior statements that the 93 LC team was completely dominant the entire season with no one really challenging them that much. David Grogan ran down the supposed fastest man in tennessee from behind that season, and Chad Henderson and Carlos Hadley were absolutely disruptive every play, pass or run the pressure was there.

Alcoas nationally ranked 89' team

-shannon Mitchell- UGA/ chargers- still holds the record for most catches in a game at uga with 15 against florida

-billy williams- ut/arizona cardinals & washington redskins

-jamie henry -ut

-chad smith-

-tyris gilmore-mississippi state

-kevin jackson-football/baseball-tennessee tech

-Homer Henderson, russ wimbley

Also Alcoas 2000 team had 15-0 record and won the schools 5th state title...thats enough to get a mention fro.m me

featured 3 time 100 meter state champ james rainer and mr. football qb michael george. a team that was loaded with speed and finished the season giving up a school record 6.8 ppg while scoring 37 ppg

825289870[/snapback]

Don't forget Peanut Isom!