Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

Well considering that Greenville has what seems to be a rather weak offense and a rather decent offense things look par for the course to me. Problem is Greenville has faced no one that has a defense that is anywhere near the caliber of Maryville's. Despite that fact Greenville has lost two games this season and has given up over 20 points in 6 of their 13 games. They have only held one team to under 10 points and that was the 2nd week of the season.

So I see nothing spectacular out of their team, at least according to the results. So the way that they have won, and lost, is not much different than any team we have faced this season.

And The Giants weren't much different than the Patriots first 18 games, in fact they were one of those 18 games. Miami had no chance to lose to Maurice Clarett and Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami was never going to lose to Va Tech and lose the longest winning streak in the history of college football. George Mason had no shot to make it to the Final Four. The American college kids had no chance to beat the mighty Russians in 1980. The USC Trojans were being called the best team in college football history in 2005, Texas had no chance, Vince Young didn't listen to all the "experts". Golden State had no chance to beat the Dallas Mavericks in a seven game series a couple years ago. THE POINT OF ALL THIS IS VERY SIMPLE....."ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!"

If Greeneville listens to all the "experts" they have "no chance to beat the Mighty Marryville Rebels" BUT if they just block out the world and everyone wearing a Green jersey believes in themselves and the coaching staff and come together "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torch, I am not saying that Greenville can't upset or can't beat Maryville. You are right, on any given night any team can come out on top. What I am saying is that I HIGHLY doubt that Greenville will score 17+ on Maryville. They may beat MHS, but I don't think they will do it by scoring a lot of points. I think they will do it by keeping a low score and beating Maryville off of their mistakes.

Hey ennybody can beat ennybody else......Butt Mairvul has only one player goin' both ways.....Depth iz knot as big a factor inn colder weather....Butt Mairvul iz always a second haif teem.....Cold weather orr knot the lungs git two burnin', lags git tarred, and enurgee gits burnt up..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />......Butt ennythang iz possibull......

I guess my biggest questions about Greeneville's ability to score go back to a couple of things.

1. Alcoa and Clinton weren't able to ring up a lot of points on the Rebel defense and both teams had athletes all over the field.

2. I am skeptical of the difference in level of play between NET and the Knoxville Valley. Based on prior years (and this year), the Valley seems to be a bit better in overall quality of play.

What catches my eye more, hoever, is that Greeneville has given up 20+ a game in the playoffs. Even if Greeneville does score points, I don't think that they want to get in a shootout.

Then again, if the Rebels don't find a cure for that pesky case of fumbleitis they've caught this week....this may be all moot.

And The Giants weren't much different than the Patriots first 18 games, in fact they were one of those 18 games. Miami had no chance to lose to Maurice Clarett and Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami was never going to lose to Va Tech and lose the longest winning streak in the history of college football. George Mason had no shot to make it to the Final Four. The American college kids had no chance to beat the mighty Russians in 1980. The USC Trojans were being called the best team in college football history in 2005, Texas had no chance, Vince Young didn't listen to all the "experts". Golden State had no chance to beat the Dallas Mavericks in a seven game series a couple years ago. THE POINT OF ALL THIS IS VERY SIMPLE....."ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!"

If Greeneville listens to all the "experts" they have "no chance to beat the Mighty Marryville Rebels" BUT if they just block out the world and everyone wearing a Green jersey believes in themselves and the coaching staff and come together "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

Greeneville does have a chance but it is very "slim".....

I guess my biggest questions about Greeneville's ability to score go back to a couple of things.

1. Alcoa and Clinton weren't able to ring up a lot of points on the Rebel defense and both teams had athletes all over the field.

2. I am skeptical of the difference in level of play between NET and the Knoxville Valley. Based on prior years (and this year), the Valley seems to be a bit better in overall quality of play.

What catches my eye more, hoever, is that Greeneville has given up 20+ a game in the playoffs. Even if Greeneville does score points, I don't think that they want to get in a shootout.

Then again, if the Rebels don't find a cure for that pesky case of fumbleitis they've caught this week....this may be all moot.

Hey Sol. Agree with most of this but it is your point #1 that is dead on. It is uncanny how Maryville continues to shut down the great skill players of their opponents. I watched Maryville in the boro in 04 and Melrose I thought had the quicker players but Maryville played stifilling defense to edge a 7-6 win. Yes they do fumble but they never seem to break or loose their concentration or focus on defense which may be their best offense at times. I see nothing in this game that would change my mind. The cream will rise and I believe Maryville will advance and Lord help the other guys if Maryville fixes the fumbling problem.

Hey ennybody can beat ennybody else......Butt Mairvul has only one player goin' both ways.....Depth iz knot as big a factor inn colder weather....Butt Mairvul iz always a second haif teem.....Cold weather orr knot the lungs git two burnin', lags git tarred, and enurgee gits burnt up..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />......Butt ennythang iz possibull......

And that one player is #5 and he doesn't play all the time both ways. He gets spelled a lot on both sides of the ball. So, it really about a 3/4s of a player plays both ways...lol.

I think Greeneville outplayed South period. But if you see the film and you see the last TD in regulation then you see everything.

If I were Greeneville I would put the reserve QB in and let Hall and Barner slam it downfield.

I agree comp.... but greeneville will have to throw the ball alot..you can't drive on a one way street against MARYVILLE ..its a deadend.