Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

The hate is just fuel for the fire. Everyone in MARYVILLE knows and expects classless , off color , disrespectful and hateful comments. When you have the big black "M" on your chest you really cannot expect anything else. Our young men and women handle it very well and the thing about it is that they have done nothing to deserve this hate , except excel at what they do. There a no apologies for this. GO REBELS!!!!!

I don't know about classless. I would call it a form of respect and fear. As the saying goes "you only hate what you fear." Its like the Dallas Cowboys, The lakers and celtics, Duke, North Carolina, and Kentucky basketball. Florida football. You are either a die hard fan of those teams or you hate them. Its what winning brings. When a team/franchise is as successful as Maryville has been you expect to be hated. But Maryville, like all of these great teams thrives on the trash talking. J.J Redick was the subject of many hateful things when he played at Duke, but it only made him play better.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hate is just fuel for the fire. Everyone in MARYVILLE knows and expects classless , off color , disrespectful and hateful comments. When you have the big black "M" on your chest you really cannot expect anything else. Our young men and women handle it very well and the thing about it is that they have done nothing to deserve this hate , except excel at what they do. There a no apologies for this. GO REBELS!!!!!

That "hate" could be the knee-jerk reaction to the arrogance of some of these Rebel posters.

In your mind would it hurt worse for Maryville to lose or would it mean more for Greeneville to win?

I think it would mean so much for Greeneville's players and fans for them to be the cinderella story and come out the winner because with them moving down into their correct classificaton next year and Maryville moving up, it will probably be the last chance that Greeneville will have to even play them. Not to mention what a tumultuous and challenging year the Green Devils have had losing Barner early (but, HE'S BACK!) and then Greenway in week 10. If they somehow pull it out, it would be the biggest underdog story in a LONG time. Maybe David and Goliath is the appropriate analogy. Either way, David defeated the giant and Cindy got the prince!

I believe you're overstating your case. Not all of us that aren't "Rebels" make classless, off color, disrespectful and hateful comments towards Maryville. There is one game a year that I root against Maryville ... when they play my alma-mater, the school that my children attend and that I support ... William Blount. Other than that I love to see Maryville do well. Coach Quarles, Coach Ellis, and Coach Gaylor are three of my really good friends. I got settled in my seat at Rhea County Friday night and the first thing one of the Maryville supporters asked me was, "Who you for?" Are you kidding me! I've traveled that far and I'm freezing my butt off because I'm supporting Maryville. I know and love a lot of the kids on the team. I'm dear, dear friends with many of their parents. Don't lump all of us together.

And being a WB fan, I would remind you that if you live in a glass house, you should be careful about throwing too many stones.