Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way too early in the week for us to have already disregarded discussion of the game. Let me throw something out there:

Since 2000, Maryville has faced a team from upper East TN three times in this round of the playoffs:

In 2000, Maryville defeated Greeneville 28-12

In 2004, Maryville defeated Tennessee High 49-0

In 2007, Maryville defeated Sullivan South 48-14

That's a combined total of 125-26. Maryville's lowest scoring output in any single game has exceeded the cumulative score of the three opponents across all the games, but...Prior to each of those games, folks from the NET told us repeatedly that the team we were about to see was on a level like none other we'd ever seen because of how they had run through teams all season long. However, after each of those games, it was clear to MHS fans that we had already seen better teams during the season leading some of us to question the level of competition in Regions 1 & 2.

So, what is different this year?

What is different this year is this: I sent your bus driver directions to the Greeneville stadium. Once he gets off I-40 at exit 287 and realizes he's in Cookeville, it'll be too late...forfeit! Sorry, but all is fair in love and war.

Directions from Maryville High School - to - Greeneville High School

We don't want anybody getting lost. I bet you can see the shine on that field from miles away.

First of all.......Grey Rider.....please spell GreenEville right, I know we may not deserve your respect but it would be nice to have it correct. Thanks!

Now as I have been reading and my opinion on the matter is that if a team has won 73 straight games they have earned the right to be a little cocky and arrogant. Not to a point of being obnoxious but they should have that swagger about them. I really do not knock Maryville at all for that! Just think about it, these young men have not lost in their entire high school career. Therefore they must be pretty darn good and we all know that they are very well coached.

On Friday nights after the games and listening to the scores I always listen for the Maryville score and I hope they win, I think the winning streak is awesome. I did however root against them when they have played teams from upper east tennessee in the playoffs just because they are from our region. If they beat Greeneville I will be rooting for them to win again. And personally I would think that if Greeneville was to knock them off that they would be hoping that Greeneville would win.

I hope to see a great game, I know that it may be the most excitement at ole GHS since the last time they played DB or the Elizabethton game when Jason Witten was with them. Good luck and to the Maryville faithful making the trip, be careful and we will see you on Friday night!

First of all.......Grey Rider.....please spell GreenEville right, I know we may not deserve your respect but it would be nice to have it correct. Thanks!

Now as I have been reading and my opinion on the matter is that if a team has won 73 straight games they have earned the right to be a little cocky and arrogant. Not to a point of being obnoxious but they should have that swagger about them. I really do not knock Maryville at all for that! Just think about it, these young men have not lost in their entire high school career. Therefore they must be pretty darn good and we all know that they are very well coached.

On Friday nights after the games and listening to the scores I always listen for the Maryville score and I hope they win, I think the winning streak is awesome. I did however root against them when they have played teams from upper east tennessee in the playoffs just because they are from our region. If they beat Greeneville I will be rooting for them to win again. And personally I would think that if Greeneville was to knock them off that they would be hoping that Greeneville would win.

I hope to see a great game, I know that it may be the most excitement at ole GHS since the last time they played DB or the Elizabethton game when Jason Witten was with them. Good luck and to the Maryville faithful making the trip, be careful and we will see you on Friday night!

VF23... My apologies for the misspelling. I did capitalize it though so do I get half credit.? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Also I have never disrespected GREENEVILLE. I believe that I said in a previous post that if GREENEVILLE won I WOULD SUPPORT THEM TO WIN IT ALL. Thanks for your support.

I'm glad you mentioned that last DB game...To best the Indians on their home turf was an indescribable feeling....might feel better to pull one of those miracles on Friday.

Hear iz a pitcher ov momma when'st eye furst layed I's on her ovur at tha Arm-ree....She wuz awfull skinny then.....Butt momma wuz like tha Rebs.....A Champ-yun.....Eatchee hart out fellers......

One ov tha Pups used momma's ol rasslin' mask on Hallywean......Back two tha gaim....How minny duz GreenEvul's visitors side seet?????

Hear iz a pitcher ov momma when'st eye furst layed I's on her ovur at tha Arm-ree....She wuz awfull skinny then.....Butt momma wuz like tha Rebs.....A Champ-yun.....Eatchee hart out fellers......

She was quite tasty back then huh???

I wish I had that mask for some of the girls I went to school with at Maryville College.

Speaking of wrestling,that pic reminds me of a wrestling match I saw a few months ago.....