Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

So is this game at Alcoa? I want Jasper to win but I just do not see it happening at all...In fact Alcoa is like SP but with more depth and speed so the warriors will have their hands full but you have our support..Go get them and hit hard and you never know what might happen! Congrats to Boeck also on a great year win or lose!

Alcoa-34

Jasper-13

alcoa is nothing like sp you see alcoa made it to the the semifinals this year

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have our first sign of good luck...the all-knowing Ambassador has picked us to lose. ......Go Warriors!!!!!

So true........he's been on a roll the last few weeks....Alcoa, you're doomed, hexed beyond recovery. Marion will bring a crowd. The Warriors enjoy the support and Marion fans enjoy providing it.

Congrats on surviving and advancing another week Marion Co. !!! This is the matchup that some fans ultimately wanted. To be the best, you got to beat the best!!! The Warriors are the only team left standing out of the 3-2A / 4-2A games......impressive run. Be proud of your Warriors, fans. No matter what the scoreboard says. Alcoa is on a different level.

First off i gotta say i was wrong about MARION losin to BBS but they did have a HORRIBLE game. But its a WIN! Congrats! This friday will be alot tougher than last FRIDAY. No comparison! ALCOA wins hands DOWN!

28-7

You projected MC to lose to Seq Co, Smith Co, and Boyd... Probably others I'm forgetting. So it's hard to believe anything you say.

Things are changing in East Tennessee........

Please don't deface our historic landmark. Thank you. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Alcoa seniors aren't about to let anything get in the way of their 4th ball. They'll be ready for the warriors and definitely won't be overlooking them. Rankin doesn't let that happen.

Alcoa blows through this one: 35-7.

Chattanooga Times Free Press

Marion still playing but visits, not hosts, Alcoa

By: Stephen Hargis

(Contact)

The adrenaline that came with helping guide Marion County??™s football program back to the state semifinals kept first-year head coach Troy Boeck awake until the wee hours of Saturday morning.

But after a few hours sleep, some of the excitement of the Warriors??™ unlikely playoff run evaporated when Boeck realized that Marion must travel to four-time defending Class 2A state champion Alcoa, rather than hosting as he believed.

Because the 2A playoff field is selected differently than the other four Division I brackets, the higher seed hosts each round, rather than a predetermined host site. Since Marion finished second in Region 3, it will travel for a third consecutive week, going to Alcoa, which won Region 2.

The Warriors avenged a one-point regular-season loss to Boyd-Buchanan by eliminating the Buccaneers, 7-6, in the quarterfinals. Had the Bucs won, because they were Region 3 champions, they would have hosted.

???It was a double-take, a confusing situation when I got up and saw the bracket wasn??™t what we thought,??? Boeck said. ???I called (TSSAA executive director) Ronnie Carter this morning and he told me about the rule. Having to travel three weeks in a row is unfortunate. A one-point loss after a bad call is what has caused us to have to travel this week.

???Another aspect is that it obviously raises our expense, because we have to get a bus and line up a pregame meal. Plus we lose any concession we would have made with a home game.???

The only other area Tennessee team to survive the quarterfinal round was Ooltewah in 5A. For the second straight week the Owls eliminated a team they had already beaten in the regular season. This week Ooltewah hosts Murfreesboro Oakland, in what will be the fourth straight home playoff game for the Owls.

Marion beat Boyd-Buchanan, despite being outgained 415-140 in total yards, by capitalizing on six turnovers. The Warriors stopped one Bucs??™ drive with a fumble recovery at their 1 and set up the winning touchdown when Joe Muir returned an interception deep into Boyd-Buchanan territory. Muir then scored on a 3-yard run with seven minutes left in third quarter.

Much like Ooltewah, Alcoa has yet to travel in the postseason.

???That??™s great news for us,??? Alcoa coach Gary Rankin told the Maryville Daily Times. ???That??™s the best news we had all night ??” that we get to stay at home for the semifinals. I don??™t know anything about (Marion County). I know they must be a good football team to be in the semifinals, so it will be a great battle next week.???

Financial losses aside, Marion??™s on-field task was made much more difficult against an Alcoa team that hasn??™t lost to another 2A school in three years. The Tornadoes??™ only losses the past two years came to four-time defending 4A champion Maryville. Since that second-week loss to Maryville this season, Alcoa has won 11 straight games, as has Marion.

The Tornadoes are averaging 44 points per game and have 10 games in which they did not allow a touchdown.

???It will take a tremendous effort to go up there and win,??? Boeck said. ???Having to sit on a bus for a few hours before a game has never helped anybody. It puts us at a disadvantage we don??™t need to have.

???There is that ??