Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Yea Right could of put up 42 points on GP. Well if you could have what was keeping you from it. You better listen to some of the ALCOA talk they are a little cocky but can back it up. Milan hasn't seen nothing like they are going to see friday nite. BOOK IT

It's called not showing anything new... and just controlling the clock.

Milan won by 3 TDs playing an offense that they run vs. teams like Trenton, GC, and Dresden this year.

Milan did nothing special and didn't run what most of their players were telling me they were going to run... that being some shot gun, because they didn't want to show Alcoa anything after figuring out GP was a pretender.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coulda Woulda Shoulda...it was over at halftime.

What I was referring to earlier...Alcoa will see the best Defense SINCE Maryville. I promise you.

Down here in West Tennessee we play the "respect for the opponent" card. We don't try to pitch shutouts on weak teams when the game is over. We send in the youngest guys possible and they usually leave in their "A" team. USJ had the STATES LEADING PASSER. Check him out. He's going somewhere big. He was only a Sophomore.

You can think what you want to. Nobody will convince you that you might get beat. That's ok.

Take a look...

"The "Marion Co"Warriors (11-3) were trailing only 16-14 with just over seven minutes remaining in the fourth quarter when Alcoa scored on a 23-yard touchdown pass form Chase James to Tyler Robinson."

No disprespect intended but lets be serious. Milan has the best chance to knock Alcoa off its tower. If this was the same Alcoa team with Cobb, I'd say Alcoa wins. He's REAL good. But, its time for Milan to do what everyone in the state wants them to. Win.

Milan 24- Alcoa 14-

you speak highly of yourself /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Wow , thats the most irrational thing ive heard on coach t .............ever. If your gonna post something , actually make a more educated contribution to the board than u just did, please.

Hey how about developing a sense of humor! Thats one of the funniest things iv ever read on this board

What I was referring to earlier...Alcoa will see the best Defense SINCE Maryville. I promise you.

Down here in West Tennessee we play the "respect for the opponent" card. We don't try to pitch shutouts on weak teams when the game is over. We send in the youngest guys possible and they usually leave in their "A" team. USJ had the STATES LEADING PASSER. Check him out. He's going somewhere big. He was only a Sophomore. In 2003, Alcoa got absolutely killed by David Lipscomb. Woodshed Beating. And Milan and Huntingdon had the best teams in the state in 2A without a doubt. It wasn't that long ago. In 2004, you barely held on.

You can think what you want to. Nobody will convince you that you might get beat. That's ok.

Take a look...

"The Warriors (11-3) were trailing only 16-14 with just over seven minutes remaining in the fourth quarter when Alcoa scored on a 23-yard touchdown pass form Chase James to Tyler Robinson."

No disprespect intended but lets be serious. Milan has the best chance to knock Alcoa off its tower. If this was the same Alcoa team with Cobb, I'd say Alcoa wins. He's REAL good. But, its time for Milan to do what everyone in the state wants them to. Win.

Milan 24- Alcoa 14-

I just want to say great post. I dont know if you are implying anything with that first statement but we play alot of our Soph and Fresh , i will just leave it at that

As for Cobb, Watch him go off on the Vols today , it should be a treat and a good game for the wildcats, talked to him yesterday , he said hes been ready for this for a while. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As for MIlan , i believe this will be a great game and cant wait to step foot in that stadium for the 3rd year in a row ( im a junior). You all look more impressive paper than you do on film IMO , no dis respect inteneded, most teams prolly do , i know our Defense does. Anyways , hope all the milan fans have safe travel , bring your blankets , its gonna be a long friday night.

Hey how about developing a sense of humor! Thats one of the funniest things iv ever read on this board

i found it comical too , i was just kidding around.

Down here in West Tennessee we play the "respect for the opponent" card. We don't try to pitch shutouts on weak teams when the game is over. We send in the youngest guys possible and they usually leave in their "A" team. USJ had the STATES LEADING PASSER. Check him out. He's going somewhere big. He was only a Sophomore. In 2003, Alcoa got absolutely killed by David Lipscomb. Woodshed Beating. And Milan and Huntingdon had the best teams in the state in 2A without a doubt. It wasn't that long ago. In 2004, you barely held on.

Take a look...

"The Warriors (11-3) were trailing only 16-14 with just over seven minutes remaining in the fourth quarter when Alcoa scored on a 23-yard touchdown pass form Chase James to Tyler Robinson."

Milan 24- Alcoa 14-

For one David Lipscomb did put a beat down on Alcoa in 03. We had 5 turnovers that night. That Alcoa team only had 3 seniors starting and it was mostly sophmore's on that Alcoa team. As for Lipscomb getting beat by Huntingdon well your right but Lipscomb had six turnovers in that game. Which didn't help their cause against a good Huntingdon team. Sometimes turnovers can turn games. If you watched that game, know one could stop either team except when DL would fumble. Huntingdon didn't stop DL that game DL stopped themselves. As for the 04 game well that was really a great game. Huntingdon really did a nice job of making big plays on our defense. Does Milan have anyone as quick as BOO?

Hey not everyone in the state wants Milan to win. I know quite a few people that will be pulling for the maroon and white come Friday.

I have one question for you Lloyd. Who has Milan played that was any good? I'm sitting here looking at their schedule and I don't see anyone imposing on it. I mean if you want to compare USJ with Alcoa well then that's a laugher. Seriously even the teams you beat didn't play any tough non region games, except Westview who did play Henry Co. Which got beat by Hillboro on Friday. We will see on Friday if your cream puff schedule will hold up to the F5 coming to the boro. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

For one David Lipscomb did put a beat down on Alcoa in 03. We had 5 turnovers that night. That Alcoa team only had 3 seniors starting and it was mostly sophmore's on that Alcoa team. As for Lipscomb getting beat by Huntingdon well your right but Lipscomb had six turnovers in that game. Which didn't help their cause against a good Huntingdon team. Sometimes turnovers can turn games. If you watched that game, know one could stop either team except when DL would fumble. Huntingdon didn't stop DL that game DL stopped themselves. As for the 04 game well that was really a great game. Huntingdon really did a nice job of making big plays on our defense. Does Milan have anyone as quick as BOO?

Hey not everyone in the state wants Milan to win. I know quite a few people that will be pulling for the maroon and white come Friday.

Milan does someone that is as quick as Boo. He goes by the name of JW Williams. Boo is a little stronger than JW, but I'd say they are about equal in speed. If you remember Terrance Bell from Huntingdon, be prepared to see someone just like him running the ball from Milan by the name of Jobronski Gilbert. Also, keep in mind that Jobronski is only a Junior. Jobronski may not have the game this Friday that Terrance did against Lipscomb, but they are comparable to each other.

I saw Alcoa last year and I've seen Milan this year. I think this years Milan team could honestly beat last years Alcoa team without Cobb. Cobb was a big difference for that team. Alcoa may win, Milan may win, but I'll guarantee you it'll be a game and I'll give a congrats to whoever wins the game. This is also a big acheivement for both teams anyways, you're the only 2 in 2A to still be playing.

The fact is, both Alcoa and Milan are real good. If Milan was going for their 5th consecutive gold ball, as a fan, no one could convince me that this year would be any different, so I don't expect to convince Alcoa that we will beat them. BUT, be prepared for a team that is better than many Alcoa fans think. Both defenses are great, and neither offense turns the ball over much so it should be a low scoring game.

To answer volfan5's question, yes. Milan has 2 players as quick as boo. #4 Tristin Peoples and #7 J.W. Williams. Neither are as strong a Boo, but they are very comparable in speed and quickness.

Final score gonna 8 to 4 ? lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

haha thats what i was thinking too. Alcoa is going to get 1 td and then go for 2 and get it, or maybe 2 fg's and a safety. Milan is going to record 2 safeties. I mean, seeing the trends, thats the only way it could possibly turn out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />