State Wrestling Poll

ghouse

The only way this argument is ever going to be resolved is if the Divisions are united again (long shot) or if after the season, The State Champs from each division meet in a dual match. This idea has been thrown out a hundred times, but why not? The winners could represent Tennessee in National Tournaments. Can someone explain why this doesnt happen?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit this is one of the most interesting threads in a while.

After all, any time you can stack up the "rich kids" vs the "poverty kids" and add nothing but opinions and inundos.... Its gotta make for some outrageous comments. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Please keep it up. I love to see fur fly /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MVM, I know you seen my post with the apology so if you want to continue with the rich vs poor thing you will have to do it without me. My only point is and that of some others is that there should be two polls DI and DII. My opinion is both DI and DII would be better served with two polls. That it for me on this topic.

OK I apologize for saying "spoiled rich private school"(I wish I was rich, I'd let you call me rich and spoiled). Everyone keeps talking about 1 & 2 wrestling each other. Has #1 private school Baylor wrestle the #2 private school Father Ryan? From an earlier post it appears they aren't even scheduled to wrestle. I'm sure wrestling fans would love to see that match and I'm sure the gate would be a big one. Why doesn't Baylor wrestle Father Ryan? Are they scared? Do they not care about the sport of wrestling? Etc... These are the same arguments thrown at Bradley year after year. Of course it rediculous to ask these questions to either Bradley or Baylor. Baylor has a great program and their coach makes out the schedule he thinks prepares his wreslters for states just like Bradleys coach.

Killer, I must thank you for being yet another ignorant poster ranting about DII kids being rich and spoiled. Did you go to a private school? I'm sure I can speak for many other private schools, but I know many of the parents that send their kids to Father Ryan do so because they want them to have a great education and want them to grow and mature in a Catholic environment since they are themselves, Catholic. Many of them are hard-working adults who make tons of sacrifices so that they CAN send their kids to these institutions. BUT you, like many others wouldn't know anything about that since it's obvious you didn't go to one of these schools, or that ignorant comment would've never left your mouth. AND There are also "rich spoiled kids", as you mention, in the public school systems as well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And to answer you comment about Ryan and Baylor not wrestling each other-- Where have you been the last two years in Feb.?? Both teams have wrestled each other in the dual finals and have been in many of the same tournaments in the past and present where they have had the opportunity to wrestle each other (McCallie Inv., Collins Hill Duals, just to name two). Can the same be said for Bradley????????

The only way this argument is ever going to be resolved is if the Divisions are united again (long shot) or if after the season, The State Champs from each division meet in a dual match. This idea has been thrown out a hundred times, but why not? The winners could represent Tennessee in National Tournaments. Can someone explain why this doesnt happen?

[/quote

You are right. The only way this can be resolved (for the coacht community) is to unite the two divisions and all that the D2 schools have to do is stop giving scholarships to athletes. If Baylor wants to wrestle Bradley then why don't they stop with the financial aid?

OR! We could get the coaches together and have a tetherball match to decide it.

Lets face it if Bradley and Baylor were to wrestle next year and Bradley won, and then Baylor wrestled McCallie and lost to McCallie, then all the DII supporters would gripe about Bradley not wrestling McCallie. So in the end Bradley would have to wrestle Baylor, McCallie, Father Ryan, CBHS, MBA, etc... Im sure Bradley's coach will continue to make his schedule to help his team win state championships and the DII supporters will continue to complain that he doesn't schedule their team. I doubt Coach Logsdon is losing any sleep over this. I'll bet he is even laughing about all the whinning you DII people do about this topic

Why would Logsdon worry about the JV teams in D2? From what I have been told he keeps busy by cutting out the photographs of coaches in the team photographs. He knows that everything is for the kids.

Killer, I must thank you for being yet another ignorant poster ranting about DII kids being rich and spoiled. Did you go to a private school? I'm sure I can speak for many other private schools, but I know many of the parents that send their kids to Father Ryan do so because they want them to have a great education and want them to grow and mature in a Catholic environment since they are themselves, Catholic. Many of them are hard-working adults who make tons of sacrifices so that they CAN send their kids to these institutions. BUT you, like many others wouldn't know anything about that since it's obvious you didn't go to one of these schools, or that ignorant comment would've never left your mouth. AND There are also "rich spoiled kids", as you mention, in the public school systems as well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And to answer you comment about Ryan and Baylor not wrestling each other-- Where have you been the last two years in Feb.?? Both teams have wrestled each other in the dual finals and have been in many of the same tournaments in the past and present where they have had the opportunity to wrestle each other (McCallie Inv., Collins Hill Duals, just to name two). Can the same be said for Bradley????????

MVR, If you'll take the time and read my other posts I already apologized for my remark about "rich spoiled private schools". I was man enough to apologize so its up to you now. I didn't say Baylor and Ryan didn't wrestle last year I said Baylor didn't schedule Ryan! Isn't it possible that they won't even see each other in the state duals? I never said Baylor wasn't the best team in the state but we won't know for sure. I still think there should be two polls thats all. I can't speak for Bradley but I'm sure they don't care who or where Baylor wrestles.

MVM, I know you seen my post with the apology so if you want to continue with the rich vs poor thing you will have to do it without me. My only point is and that of some others is that there should be two polls DI and DII. My opinion is both DI and DII would be better served with two polls. That it for me on this topic.

Killer ...I'm sorry if I stuck a nerve, that was not my intention. To be honest I didn't catch who had made the original comment. What I do find most hilarious is that the Baylor folks think they can shame the coach of BC into putting them on the schedule for the upcoming years.

I do not know the coach of BC, but my guess would be....that He will schedule who he wants, when he wants and everyone else can kiss him where the sun doesn't shine. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You go Coach!!! But please keep your pants up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do not know the coach of BC, but my guess would be....that He will schedule who he wants, when he wants and everyone else can kiss him where the sun doesn't shine. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He has for 18 years!

So from these post BC has wrestled D-II schools just not Chatt D-II schools /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Since this thread has stretched to 6 pages plus, I thought it would be helpful to give a discussion summary to this point.

ghouse - puts up latest poll

rigger gives props to a few local teams

Daisy May wants to know why the DI and DII schools are combined into one poll

Texas give props to WV

Rigger agrees

Killer also wants to know why the poll is combined

StarRaiders cracks on DII

Killer agrees.

ghouse makes attempt to answer DM and Killer

Killer shoots him down

ghouse answers Killer

Killer agrees

ghouse agrees

(BB thinks they should get a room)

PRT says Indy should be higher

Killer says the poll should be split

ghouse defends the poll order to PRT

ghouse and Killer kiss and make up

RMC makes lame comment

Chattcity calls for a group hug

govols thinks MBA should be higher than BA

Daisy May gives the pollsters a tongue lashing

ghouse defends the rankings to govols

BB offers highly intelligent opinion on why poll is not split

Daisy May throws up hands and leaves

SAC pulls out wrestling Bible and thumps it

MWR cracks on DI

Texas give props to WV (again)

MWR misreads BB's post and makes lame response

Texas defends BB

2at140 defends BB

countrypk says it's all a Logsdon-Killian conspiracy

ghouse defends the rankings to Texas

Texas questions ghouse

ghouse rolls over

gonavy says something?

Texas defends BB

mhh wants Bay to call BC

gonavy questions mhh's sanity

rigger makes a rigger post

xbody calls for split polls

killer defends BC's scheduling

rigger questions BC's schedule

StarRaider questions the Baylor schedule

Killer makes spoiled rich private school comment

gonavy wants to meet Killer

countrypk wants to meet Coach Logsdon

Killer confesses he's a member of the rock group Queen

bearmen calls out gonavy and MWR

legman tries to calm the crowd

2at140 says he was ready to whip out the heavy guns

rigger gives props to legman

MWR gives props to legman and Killer

papabear defends BC and the poll, calls for a group hug

tnko agrees with Daisy May

tnko does his own split polls

Killer apologizes for "spoiled rich" comment

mtnrasslin says "Whoa"

Artusclimber says his kids are smart

Killer apologizes again (#2)

MVM is eating popcorn

Freestyle wants after season DI-DII match up

Killer apologizes again (#3)

MWR calls Killer ignorant

Taketop agrees with Freestyle. Wants postseason tetherball match

CBG makes usual stupid post defending all things DII

Killer apologizes again (#4)

MVM and Killer kiss and make up

Takedown42 gets out of bed and wonders what is going on

rigger makes a rigger post

I am happy that we (Baylor) is the number 1 ranked team in the state poll. This means all our wrestlers get trophy's at the end of the year. I guess the Varsity division is upset because they wont get the crystal ball at the end of the year. Is this the problem?

I agree totally........ but just under champions it should say.........................

"The number one financially aided school with all-star wrestlers from 10 different counties and 2 states" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

roflol: /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now thats something to brag about....p.s. you can have your "ball"..............