Decker out at Dyersburg.....Who will be next coach?

burgman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty crazy! I don't know which is more surprising, Coach Suiter resigning from OC in the girls or Coach Decker resigning from Dyersburg in the boys.....

Does anyone think Coach Decker might look into the coaching job at OC???? She's an awfully good coach not to be coaching anywhere.

I have heard from a reliable source she is resigning not because d burg wanted her too but she wants to spend

Time with her family. She has 2 little daughters that she wants to be with

This is pretty crazy! I don't know which is more surprising, Coach Suiter resigning from OC in the girls or Coach Decker resigning from Dyersburg in the boys.....

Does anyone think Coach Decker might look into the coaching job at OC???? She's an awfully good coach not to be coaching anywhere.

Didn't she use to be the coach at OC quite a while back? If so, doubt she is going back. I figured her coaching the boys was a short term solution anyway.

what in the world is going on over there? three coaches in three years? wow...

I think Decker found out how hard it was going to be for Dyersburg to be competative again. She just didn't have enough time to do it, and do it right. Her family came first and i can't fault her for that. It's almost a year round job, to keep your team ready and focused to play the teams you have to play to be competitive. I tip my hat to her for thinking of her family first, and don't fault her at all. There is no doubt she would have done a great job at Dyersburg, it was just not in the cards to be. I wish her the best.

I think Decker found out how hard it was going to be for Dyersburg to be competative again. She just didn't have enough time to do it, and do it right. Her family came first and i can't fault her for that. It's almost a year round job, to keep your team ready and focused to play the teams you have to play to be competitive. I tip my hat to her for thinking of her family first, and don't fault her at all. There is no doubt she would have done a great job at Dyersburg, it was just not in the cards to be. I wish her the best.

According to the article ,Decker may have stayed had Dyersburg given her another coach like the other district teams have..You're right..a coach has to spend more time coaching ,going to camps..AAU ball for their players ..things like that to stay competitive..Even though Justin Blake and a couple more players transferred from Dyersburg to get the ball rolling,I believe AAU ball has really been the reason for Dyer Co's sucess..And is going to be the reason for Dyer Co to keep being successful..The AAU ball is helping Dyer Co in different ways..;;Dyer Co is getting excellent players from their feeder programs,Northview and Three Oaks..then they are having the luxury of having an AAU team with other star players from other schools..With Dyer Co winning..they are able to get those players..If Dyersburg,Crockett Co.,Ripley, and all the other area schools want to win..probably going to have to have AAU teams of their own..Some schools probably do..Coach McCord and Dyer Co are beniffiting from the AAU teams and open gym every night..If Cedric and Hudson didn't play with those players..not sure they would have transferred..I hear that the best player from Halls middle school is playing AAU ball with about 3 from Dyersburg and I believe 1 player from Ripley..I heard from a couple very good sources that the kid from Halls was going to Dyer Co next year..Heard his mother has already moved to Dyersburg..Take Cedric.. the Hudson kid.. maybe the player from Halls..not counting some more that may be thinking of coming and Dyer Co is really benifitting..Doesn't have to be any recruiting from any of the coaches..These kids play AAU ball..the gym is open to most everyone most every night ..a couple kids from Central..a couple from Lake Co..a couple from Halls and other schools come and play a lot of nights and see all the talent and the players saying..Man..Wish you would come here..We need a good shooter..that's all we need..or we need a big man about 6'5..We would be loaded..All of a sudden a star player from maybe a smaller school with not much talent around him with end up transferring..As long as AAU ball is around..just going to keep happening..Other schools had better get on board if they're not already..Dyer Co is only about 15 minutes away from a lot of the surrounding schools which helps them tremendously..A lot of people accuse Coach McCord of recruiting..He doesn't have to..Players want to come to Dyer Co..Maybe nothing a coach can do for an 8th grader going to Dyer Co..but if I were a coach..I'd have something at my school just about every night that's with in the rules and not let my players wander..Dyer Co is going to be a force in the next several seasons to come..Teams had better start doing the same thing and keep players at their schools or they'll continue to stay in the cellar or at least below Dyer Co every year..At least most schools in this area are in different districts and regions now so that will help some!