Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well we looked great early on both sides of the ball.... No excuses, Maryville whipped us at every position the last 27 minutes of the ballgame. Only 19 plays on 4 scoring drives for Maryville. No resistance at all. Linebackers are nowhere to be found. #75 Kerbyson is the best DL for Catholic, atleast he gives effort the entire play. I thought the offensive game plan was a good one, that is the kind of running I like to see but when we got down it was tough to do. All in all, the Irish have to go out and beat West next week. Look on the bright side, atleast we didn't get beat 38-0 like the puppydogs :roll:

Question for someone who is knowledgeable about the rules.

The play before Catholics last TD from around the 15 or so they threw a pass in the flats on Catholics side of the field to the 9 yard line the kid caught the ball on his knee in bounds with his foot out of bounds and the side judge called it a catch then blew the clock dead because the kid was out of bounds. Now to me the kid either caught the ball and was down in bounds or caught the ball out of bounds(foot)

but how could he have done both?it was not close to a first down and the side judge was right on top of it so am I wrong to think he made a bad call? it didn't matter just curious.

Game not as close as the score. Catholic looked good early. GQ made adjustments. 28 straight points. SM couldn't adjust. Got 7. Made it look closer than it was......... :roll:

tpoole12

You are exactly right tpoole. Great post. I am still tryin to figure out why people are making excuses for Catholic. They were ranked #1 to start the year in the entire Knox. area and for good reason.

QB back, 2 RB's back, play-making WR back, 4 out of 5 OL starters back, and 6 soph.'s played on Def. in State Champ. game (5 of which started). This was the perfect year to move up. NO offense to any other teams but Knox. area is down this year and Catholic has not taken advantage. Stop with the out of Gas stuff. Kids are kids and should be able to play both ways. Catholic looks out of shape. GQ and staff balled 2night, Catholic's coaches and adminstration need to look themselves in Mirror.

Middle Tn will dominate the playoffs this year, sorry knox. area.

Side note did anybody see how bad Catholic's field looked? Not enough money over there for field work?

Time to watch my #1 Oolwateh Owls smoke Rhea county.

Well, what a game. Packer and heather are idiots. Meadows needs a job with a sprinkler company...what a bush league stunt. But then it is meadows. Advice to Catholic, get rid of him before he completely destroys your program. The officiating was ridiculous and incompetent. To no avail, another REBEL victory despite all the antics. 28 unanswered pts.