Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

GCP, If I may be serious for a second, while I respect your knowledge of HS football, you keep throwing out that MUS has beaten both South Panola and Olive Branch...You do know that neither is the top ranked team in MS this year right?

While both are still outstanding programs, neither are in the class of Madison Central this year.

As a matter of fact, OB is ranked fifth in 5A behind Meridian and CLINTON who MC absolutely hammed this year....I was there and saw it myself.

Could The F5 beat MUS this year, who knows, but I know that you and a lot of other people would pay to see it, which means that no one knows who would win.

Now back to stirring the pot.stirthepot.gif

-5 APB

No, no, no.....

Central actually threw hams at them after they got up 21 on Clinton.....no lie. :thumb:

I see. In that case, I withdraw the -5 and instead give +5 for accuracy (and creativity). This post is now graded at 105%. BTW, where do I get one of those smilies that throw up?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GCP, If I may be serious for a second, while I respect your knowledge of HS football, you keep throwing out that MUS has beaten both South Panola and Olive Branch...You do know that neither is the top ranked team in MS this year right?

While both are still outstanding programs, neither are in the class of Madison Central this year.

As a matter of fact, OB is ranked fifth in 5A behind Meridian and CLINTON who MC absolutely hammed this year....I was there and saw it myself.

Could The F5 beat MUS this year, who knows, but I know that you and a lot of other people would pay to see it, which means that no one knows who would win.

I do respect GCP knowledge of HSF we all know it just a mood point. But i will say this if it did happen i would take 14-21 points and Alcoa against anyone in the state. GCP is young and gets intimitated easy he said the same thing about Alcoa after they beat Maryville. Earlier this year noeone in West TN in any class could beat Alcoa those were his words or something like that! Alcoa has tradiction and the numbers to back it every year. There is noone around here close other than Milan who may a chance of beating Alcoa! I don't know who the best team in the state is in all classes but i think Alcoa is the best in 3A hands down. I respect GC opinion but i just don't think anyone in the state would beat Alcoa by that big of margin! That is just my thoughts! East TN football on year in and out basic is much better than West Tn. If u don't think so go back and see since the playoff system started and see who has the most Gold balls! I will say this and quit Milan is the best team in West Tn on a yearly basic. Great tradiction and the numbers also to back it up. If Milan gets to the Title and loses the chances of a West Tn winning a gold ball is slim. Not meaning any disrespect to West Tn teams but the truth is the truth! Good Luck to all in the playoffs!! :thumb:

I do respect GCP knowledge of HSF we all know it just a mood point. But i will say this if it did happen i would take 14-21 points and Alcoa against anyone in the state. GCP is young and gets intimitated easy he said the same thing about Alcoa after they beat Maryville. Earlier this year noeone in West TN in any class could beat Alcoa those were his words or something like that! Alcoa has tradiction and the numbers to back it every year. There is noone around here close b]other than Milan [/b]who may a chance of beating Alcoa! I don't know who the best team in the state is in all classes but i think Alcoa is the best in 3A hands down. I respect GC opinion but i just don't think anyone in the state would beat Alcoa by that big of margin! That is just my thoughts! East TN football on year in and out basic is much better than West Tn. If u don't think so go back and see since the playoff system started and see who has the most Gold balls! I will say this and quit Milan is the best team in West Tn on a yearly basic. Great tradiction and the numbers also to back it up. If Milan gets to the Title and loses the chances of a West Tn winning a gold ball is slim. Not meaning any disrespect to West Tn teams but the truth is the truth! Good Luck to all in the playoffs!! :thumb:

:angry:

Yea, I'm the idiot on coacht now, lol. And me, intimidated? Not quite, lol. I know what I'm talking about and I know I'm right on this subject, lol. Can I move my point differential from 17-21 points to 14-17 points to make you all happy?

LOL, you people on here haven't even seen MUS play! I've seen both of them with my own eyes this year! Even one of the guys I went with to the Alcoa game and then to the MUS game even said MUS was around 17 points better than Alcoa. Alcoa has not and will not see a QB like Barry Brunetti this year! Alcoa has not and will not see 2 RB's that are as skilled as MUS's backs they had at the same time. I don't care if Alcoa plays in East, Middle, North or South Tennessee, MUS is the absolute real deal!

I appreciate the comments on my knowledge of the game. However, for now on I'll just put IDIOT as my signature since people can't handle facts. :thumb:

Yea, I'm the idiot on coacht now, lol. And me, intimidated? Not quite, lol. I know what I'm talking about and I know I'm right on this subject, lol. Can I move my point differential from 17-21 points to 14-17 points to make you all happy?

LOL, you people on here haven't even seen MUS play! I've seen both of them with my own eyes this year! Even one of the guys I went with to the Alcoa game and then to the MUS game even said MUS was around 17 points better than Alcoa. Alcoa has not and will not see a QB like Barry Brunetti this year! Alcoa has not and will not see 2 RB's that are as skilled as MUS's backs they had at the same time. I don't care if Alcoa plays in East, Middle, North or South Tennessee, MUS is the absolute real deal!

I appreciate the comments on my knowledge of the game. However, for now on I'll just put IDIOT as my signature since people can't handle facts. :thumb:

I don't think you are a idiot i do respect your knowledge of the game. All i am saying you can't base one game on how good a team is! I know MUS is good they are the best private school in Memphis no doubt! I seen alot of games in the last fifty years and it would be hard to say the best team i ever saw play! MUS will probably win the State title in the private sector. Alcoa will in 3A i don't see any one beating them! But i would take Alcoa and 10 points against any body in the state. You think i am a fool no i just been around alot longer than u meaning no disrespect! I learned a long time ago the game is won on the field not paper! You have your opinion i have mine thats what these threads are about! :lol:

I was just wandering what everyone thought about this. Does anyone else think that Alcoa might be the top team in the state in any classification. I am talking about nonprivate schools because I don't know much about the private schools. But if anyone does feel free to share.

IMHO, there is only one team I think would beat Alcoa(assuming the game was played on a neutral field), and that is MUS. it would be close, but I think MUS has too much firepower. I think there are only four teams that would give Alcoa a run for their money, but lose. They are Ensworth, Farragut, Oakland, and Maryville. I know Alcoa already whipped Maryville, but I think Maryville is playing a lot better now that an entire regular season has been completed. Also, Brentwood Academy is playing very good right now. They will be a dangerous team to play in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if they knock off Ensworth.

This is just an opinion, so don't rip into me too hard Tornado fans.

I was just wandering what everyone thought about this. Does anyone else think that Alcoa might be the top team in the state in any classification. I am talking about nonprivate schools because I don't know much about the private schools. But if anyone does feel free to share.

IMHO, there is only one team I think would beat Alcoa(assuming the game was played on a neutral field), and that is MUS. it would be close, but I think MUS has too much firepower. I think there are only four teams that would give Alcoa a run for their money, but lose. They are Ensworth, Farragut, Oakland, and Maryville. I know Alcoa already whipped Maryville, but I think Maryville is playing a lot better now that an entire regular season has been completed. Also, Brentwood Academy is playing very good right now. They will be a dangerous team to play in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if they knock off Ensworth.

This is just an opinion, so don't rip into me too hard Tornado fans.

No OmahaVol, I agree with your opinion. I know MUS has a great offense. The only thing I can see keeping Alcoa in the game is their Offensive line play and their physical run game against MUS's defensive line and LB's???