York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

Non-Football comment here;

It's hard for me to understand that people that live in TN doesn't know about SGT Alvin C. York, for which the school is named?!?!?

Take time to google him and you'll find out about our school here "on the mountain".

I actually know who Alvin C. York was, but I didn't go to school in Milan neither! JK But for real, I saw Milan dominate my Camden Lions on Defense and I can say that their Defense is TIGHT! They are very opportunistic and pressure in long distance situations. York didn't make it this far by being soft, but....they didn't have the hardest road to get here. As long as Milan's O-Line plays well (Alot better than in the first half of the Camden game) I see them winning by whatever they want to in this one. I've looked at some of the stats that York has put up against their competition this year, and they will by no means get half what they have been getting during the previous games this season.

Milan takes control early and uses their kicking game(yes, I did say kicking game) to put York deep in their own territory every possession and will turn up the heat. Don't think they (York) can go the distance much on this D if any. Milan will be trying to send a message to Alcoa just like they did when they played Camden. Milan by a bunch. Probably 49-7 or 49-14 if the second team allows York to score much.

I wasn't a believer in Milan till I saw them play. Passing game does need some more work though. Don't need WR's trying to throw passes in third and long situations anymore. Clean it up Milan and represent West TN well.

Thanks for the compliments on last weeks game. I just don't think the Dragons know what will hit them come Friday night. I look for things to go similiar to the way you described it but I also can't see thier defense slowing us down much.

You mentioned the O line in your post and the need for them to play better than the first half of this past game. Part of the problem against you guys was your D line was the best we had seen all year. It was obvious your guys hit the weights and were taught well. I have seen just a little of York and their D line isn't what we saw last week. :flower:

Camden has a great weight program. Most of our players are undersized but you couldnt tell by the way they play. Milan had a very strong core group of players and the subs later in the game were impressive too. Gilbert always seemed like he was almost horizontal when he was being hit because he used excellent form when attempting to shell out some punishment while being tackled. Avery was a monster on D. You guys had great depth and that hurt Camden. York will have that same issue. Probably play yall tough for a quarter, but after that, JAILBREAK! Hopefully this game will be injury free. Need all weapons for Cookville as long as no letdowns happen (which I seriously doubt). Good luck Milan. I would love to come watch, but I will be in Nashville enjoying post Thanksgiving shopping and Radio City Music Spectacular... Can you feel my excitement?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are u kidding me come on just grow the heck up a little bit man act ur age i can promis u i bleed purple thru and thru but u carry it too far i do agree with some of the statement that u have made before but u dont have to act like that to have and opinion i dont know maybe its just cause i have gotten older and more mature like i said i have always said to be the best u have to beat the best and alcoa is staying within the rules given by the tssaa i never said that the tssaa shouldnt change it i really think that they should but thats beside the point it doesnt matter they are legal and thats all that matters

blah, bla, blah! like i said little dude. you need to loosen up. it's all good. :flower:

how bout this i promis u im little but to much for u to handle just shut the #### up and get a dam life

If so many people have no idea what Offense or defense we run, let alone our roster, how can you predict so much? I sure hope your players and coaches are this focused on Alcoa. I'd love for your team to overlook our boys and get whooped, and I'm sure a lot of others would too...

If so many people have no idea what Offense or defense we run, let alone our roster, how can you predict so much? I sure hope your players and coaches are this focused on Alcoa. I'd love for your team to overlook our boys and get whooped, and I'm sure a lot of others would too...

lol. That's the great thing about this site. It is completely opinion driven. We look at what you have done compared to what we have done. We look at your strengths and weaknesses verses our strengths and weaknesses. Then we form an opinion about the game. Trust me. You are not being overlooked by the coaches or the players. You are not being overlooked by most of the fans, but we are all confident that we will win by a few TD's

Does anyone know what kind of offense and defense York runs?

They run a 3-4 and sometimes a 3-5. They will stunt somewhere every play. They are physical and have a good nose for the football. We, Smith County, had over a hundred yds. rushing and passing. I don't know anything Milan but have heard they have a great team. York will come after you and give all they have. Now, if they are out-manned I would say Milan has a good chance to win. I will guarantee you though, York will hit you. Good luck to both teams and hopefully free of injuries.