Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought the cheerleader thing up because the way it was done was in (my opinion) in very bad taste. I can also assure you sir that there is no case of "L M D" here. It always seems to that when a MARYVILLE fan says something people do not like then their rude or some other adjective I stated the facts as they occurred in our house. I have the right to express my opinion and you have the right to like it or not. It matters not to me how you feel about it. As far having a chip , not really , just get tired of our boys not getting the respect they deserve. It is generally always this way... we beat someone , well we should have blah blah blah. They beat us ... giant killers , superbowl , champions of the world etc etc. You see my point? GQ could have let the REBELS score 60 pts friday night , but he did not. Score 42 - 14 , 1's to 1's. And we know all about the haters you mention, we hope they keep on hating cause we feed on it. Is 6A different? ... not so much! :twisted:

What a great game Maryville played. What a huge win by Maryville. Offense was unstoppable. Riverdale has a great run game. Difference in the game was the Riverdale's turnovers.

The Riverdale fans I ran into were great people.

Right here is the honest truth. As long as George Quarles and his staff stay at Maryville, Maryville will be an elite program that can compete with any team in Tennessee at any time. Maryville has great coaches and great kids who buy into the program. Maryville always improves a lot from the 1st game till the last game.

Just a "Maryville poster policeman " I guess ... Yet you're a " Maryville fan " ... right ? Sorry a couple of Maryville posters have hurt your delicate feelings .

Sir or Madam,

I encourage you to take another look at the initial, innocuous post and then reconsider who has the delicate feelings. Again, I appreciate you reinforcing that particular impression.

No, I never said I was a Maryville fan. As I plainly stated in the previous post, that's the difference in our perspectives --and fragile feelings. I root for Maryville; I respect Maryville. I'm thankful Maryville proved an East TN team could physically handle a Rutherford Co. team, and I'm hoping Maryville wins the Gold Ball. If you think that's a slight or in anyway untrue -- my feelings and I couldn't care less.

I can't imagine having anything else to say on the subject.

That was a great game. The only thing that surprised me was the number of charter buses. Its very difficult playing with with the T when you are behind 21 points. I am no fan of the T at all but I am also not the coach of Riverdale so it doesnt really matter I guess. I thought that the Riverdale passing game was better than advertised (at least better than I thought). It seemed like the balls were thrown right to the receivers but for some reason or another they could not hold on to the ball. It might have something to do with the fact that they are playing in a running offense so the lack of game experience might have been the reason (just an opinion). I thought that the Riverdale crowd and game day atmosphere was pretty neat. I wish Maryville fans were more alive. I think it used to be like that until the administration took away a lot of the things which enhance the game day experience. Either way it was nice to see all the fans on the other side. I did not think Maryville would make it this far. Not because they are not goo enough but because I thought the competitions would be a lot more difficult. This belief comes from years of talk from the 5A schools of just how much more difficult it was. Now I see that the level of competition is just a little bit better. I also believe that if it had not been for Maryville, teams such as Central, among others, would have some golden balls in their trophy case. I see Maryville being a championship contender many many years. This has been the youngest and most fun team I have seen in a long time. Again, great game between two great traditions.

What a great game Maryville played. What a huge win by Maryville. Offense was unstoppable. Riverdale has a great run game. Difference in the game was the Riverdale's turnovers.

The Riverdale fans I ran into were great people.

Right here is the honest truth. As long as George Quarles and his staff stay at Maryville, Maryville will be an elite program that can compete with any team in Tennessee at any time. Maryville has great coaches and great kids who buy into the program. Maryville always improves a lot from the 1st game till the last game.

Great post! GO REBELS! :thumb:

I keep reading about this "Maryville gets no respect" stuff. Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Maryville ranked #1 in the state????? What do you want, a BCS invite :thumb: You should win ANOTHER title this weekend!!!!

It's been said in this thread and others before but... the disrespect that Maryville has had to deal with the last 10 years has been enormous. It was never good enough to win the 4A titles - a classification that we fit into b/c of our enrollment - people always accused us of playing down. There was nothing we could do about it, so hard feelings have carried over to 2009 and we're all letting loose w/ pent up frustrations. Couple that with the '09 naysayers & lack of recognition for our players by way of an all-star team, and you get Rebel posters who feel slighted. It has zero affect on the game Saturday, but the feelings go way back - most of the traditional big boys who didn't pay attention to 4A wouldn't have noticed.

Ill admit that I was one of those people who felt like maybe Maryville had been beating up on lesser competition over the years, and wondered how they would fare once they had to play with the "big boys." haha well you guys proved your point Friday night! I was blown away by Maryville. I actually think that game could have gotten alot uglier, but Quarles did the smart thing and was content with running the clock out in the 2nd half. They quit throwing the football b/c they didnt want to give RHS anything cheap. I loved the way your kids play. They play with passion and they play hard, but not once did you see them talking trash to the RHS kids. They just go out and do their job. That is a direct reflection of your coach.

The scary thing is, if Maryville is that good, how good must Alcoa be? wow

Good luck Saturday night Rebs, Ill be rootin for ya!

Ill admit that I was one of those people who felt like maybe Maryville had been beating up on lesser competition over the years, and wondered how they would fare once they had to play with the "big boys." haha well you guys proved your point Friday night! I was blown away by Maryville. I actually think that game could have gotten alot uglier, but Quarles did the smart thing and was content with running the clock out in the 2nd half. They quit throwing the football b/c they didnt want to give RHS anything cheap. I loved the way your kids play. They play with passion and they play hard, but not once did you see them talking trash to the RHS kids. They just go out and do their job. That is a direct reflection of your coach.

The scary thing is, if Maryville is that good, how good must Alcoa be? wow

Good luck Saturday night Rebs, Ill be rootin for ya!

Thanks fer tha kind werds fmrqb2......Thay are a direct reflection ov tha coach......And Alcouh iz good!!!.... :D