Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it that Satterfield (who preceded McKamey) will be more than happy to discuss the situation at Grace in great detail if the TSSAA would only call him. Seems like it was being done when he was there as well. Now that he is at Sequoyah, doesn't feel like he should keep his mouth shut ANY LONGER.

I know that Coach Satterfield was very much against the small publics having to play against the privates. He was more vocal about the situation than just about anyone. I've always wondered why he even took the job at Grace. I've wondered if he just took it to see first hand how crooked they really were. I don't think the illeagle stuff was nearly as bad when he was there, it has really picked up since the hiring of Mckamey.

Word has it that Satterfield (who preceded McKamey) will be more than happy to discuss the situation at Grace in great detail if the TSSAA would only call him. Seems like it was being done when he was there as well. Now that he is at Sequoyah, doesn't feel like he should keep his mouth shut ANY LONGER.

Well maybe if Coach Satterfield had done his job as athletic director we wouldn't be in this position. He didn't spend any time educating anyone on what we could or could not do as far as the TSSAA was concerned. There was nothing in the Academy notes, nothing on the website, nothing said in assemblies, nothing put on tuition statements, the staff at GCA and GBC were never inserviced. I always liked Coach Satterfield and never had a problem with him but it seems unfortunate that he didn't do his job. If he had information about any wrong doing, then I sure wish he would've reported it when it occured. I find that highly unlikely that he had any information because he was angry when he left and sent his supporters (including me) an email telling us exactly what he thought about GCA. I'd say if he had an ax to grind, he would've done it then. His email said nothing of any illegal activity.

As far as #3 goes, it wasn't him that the parents helped. It was a student that had been at Grace a long time. He had a sister that was a non-athlete. If the parents who helped the student had known the rule, first of all they would NOT have paid his tuition, but if they were looking to "cheat" they could have had the money earmarked for the non-athlete sister or given cash directly to the mom. HOWEVER, because they are honest people who were simply trying to help out, they wrote checks to the school with this young man's name in the memo. It was all above board. The problem occured because our accounting department was not informed by either Satterfield or Lamb as to the proper rules and regulations of the TSSAA. I believe that 99.999 percent of the parents at Grace are honest, hard working people who made the decision to put their kids in Grace for any number of reasons. I am sick and tired of a few people on here who seem obsessed with Grace and tell lies and half truths that get passed on so long that eventually people start believing them. Bottom line, we're a young school and we made mistakes, we're being punished. We'll never make the same mistakes again now that we have knowledge. Just remember...the mercy you give to others with be equal to the mercy you will receive.

I know that Coach Satterfield was very much against the small publics having to play against the privates. He was more vocal about the situation than just about anyone. I've always wondered why he even took the job at Grace. I've wondered if he just took it to see first hand how crooked they really were. I don't think the illeagle stuff was nearly as bad when he was there, it has really picked up since the hiring of Mckamey.

Perfect example of someone who is obsessed with Grace and absolutely has no idea what they are talking about.

Perfect example of someone who is obsessed with Grace and absolutely has no idea what they are talking about.

And what part of my statement was incorect.

Well maybe if Coach Satterfield had done his job as athletic director we wouldn't be in this position. He didn't spend any time educating anyone on what we could or could not do as far as the TSSAA was concerned. There was nothing in the Academy notes, nothing on the website, nothing said in assemblies, nothing put on tuition statements, the staff at GCA and GBC were never inserviced. I always liked Coach Satterfield and never had a problem with him but it seems unfortunate that he didn't do his job. If he had information about any wrong doing, then I sure wish he would've reported it when it occured. I find that highly unlikely that he had any information because he was angry when he left and sent his supporters (including me) an email telling us exactly what he thought about GCA. I'd say if he had an ax to grind, he would've done it then. His email said nothing of any illegal activity.

As far as #3 goes, it wasn't him that the parents helped. It was a student that had been at Grace a long time. He had a sister that was a non-athlete. If the parents who helped the student had known the rule, first of all they would NOT have paid his tuition, but if they were looking to "cheat" they could have had the money earmarked for the non-athlete sister or given cash directly to the mom. HOWEVER, because they are honest people who were simply trying to help out, they wrote checks to the school with this young man's name in the memo. It was all above board. The problem occured because our accounting department was not informed by either Satterfield or Lamb as to the proper rules and regulations of the TSSAA. I believe that 99.999 percent of the parents at Grace are honest, hard working people who made the decision to put their kids in Grace for any number of reasons. I am sick and tired of a few people on here who seem obsessed with Grace and tell lies and half truths that get passed on so long that eventually people start believing them. Bottom line, we're a young school and we made mistakes, we're being punished. We'll never make the same mistakes again now that we have knowledge. Just remember...the mercy you give to others with be equal to the mercy you will receive.

You guys are ones to talk about mercy ,let me tell ya. beatin N.G. and Taft by 60 or more playing starters late in the game. I guess this is all that mercy coming back on you now huh! Wont make the same mistakes again? I doubt that. you just will be harder to catch again. Ever hear the saying what doesn't kill us makes us stronger? since TSSAA had a little mercy and didn't issue the death penalty this will only teach your Adm. and coaches how to cheat without getting caught. Privates should play in their own league bottom line. Go play with all the other recruiting , scholarship offering schools!

I personally called Coach Satterfield and asked him about the whole Grace Situation. He told me how surprised he was at the whole situation. He was surprised at how long it took for Grace to get caught. He said that the phrase "what they don't know, won't hurt" was used quit frequently behind closed doors. I also asked him why he didn't come forward about what all was going on when he left. he said for fear of legal action from the school. Now, he said he makes sure to warn any team he faces that will play Grace about what to expect. He even used the words "crooks", "Cheaters", and "Recruiters" alot! Hmmm.....sounds intersting to me!

I personally called Coach Satterfield and asked him about the whole Grace Situation. He told me how surprised he was at the whole situation. He was surprised at how long it took for Grace to get caught. He said that the phrase "what they don't know, won't hurt" was used quit frequently behind closed doors. I also asked him why he didn't come forward about what all was going on when he left. he said for fear of legal action from the school. Now, he said he makes sure to warn any team he faces that will play Grace about what to expect. He even used the words "crooks", "Cheaters", and "Recruiters" alot! Hmmm.....sounds intersting to me!

I don't know Coach Satterfield, and not a fan or supporter of GCA (which I have said many times). But, this post is hard for me to beleive. #1. If he was there and is it as bad as you say, he says it is. Then he is not a person of chacrector that I could beleive. Also, if he went along with it then that would make him a Crook and a Cheater too. #2. If it was going on and it could be proven, a call to the TSSAA would not have opened him up to a lawsuit. Only, making unfounded accusations wuld have done that. #3. If he is being a good samartian now and calling teams to "WARN" them, that is opening him up too a lawsuit too. I don't think he has to tell anyone know also. It is commom knowledge.

Sorry, not calling you a lier. But, this is just too far fetched.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I do know Coach Satterfield very well. He is a man of character and when he left Grace he showed a great amount of class by keeping his mouth shut. Anything he would have said publically would have had the public stench of sour grapes. If he knew of improprieties, then he did the right thing by not airing the dirty laundry in public.

Coach Satterfield has been around football, and in particular high school football in Tennessee, for a long, long time. I don't know if he said what the poster claimed or not, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt anything the Coach says.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I do know Coach Satterfield very well. He is a man of character and when he left Grace he showed a great amount of class by keeping his mouth shut. Anything he would have said publically would have had the public stench of sour grapes. If he knew of improprieties, then he did the right thing by not airing the dirty laundry in public.

If he has the character you speak of, I find it highly unlikely that he would be doing what the other said too.

To far fetched fo me to beleive.

I agree with the last post. If Coach Satterfield said it, I'd believe it. He is an upstanding man who is highly respected on and off the field. But I'm not saying he did or didn't say it. I do know that when Coach Satterfield left Grace, there were rumors flying in every direction that he was fired for stealing. If Coach Satterfield had blown the whistle about Grace and their cheating, all that would have been said is that Coach Satterfield was trying to cover up his own bad character by trying to tear down Grace's reputation of being a Christian Institution. The funny thing is, it doesn't matter if Coach Satterfield said that or not. What is funny is that EVERYONE in the state knows what Grace's reputation is. They are a school that has allowed cheating on the administration level. Head coaches, Athletic Directors, and Principals get the same exact rule book as Grace's football coaches, basketball coaches, athletic director, and principal every year. Ignorance is a poor defense. I do feel sympathy for Grace. The majority of the school is not guilty. It is 4 or so individuals that have forced the majority of the teachers, students, and coaches to have to be associated with the reputation of cheaters and liars. A statement from Coach Satterfield is unnecessary. Grace cheated. Nothing else needs to be said.