Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Good!

They deserve everything they have coming to them - I am sitting here actually offended by what they did to CCS. It ain't right and from what troll says, they don't care either.

A ss.gif

is coming....

We beat somebody by 41 points, and you're offended. Give me a freakin break.

Take a look at your 2010 schedule, 2010 Polk County Schedule

Beat ND by 49, beat Tellico Plains by 41, beat Sequoyah by 40, beat Meigs County by 48.

hypocrisy2-300x293.jpg

Maybe you're just upset yall could only beat them by 17 this year.

Beat ND by 49, beat Tellico Plains by 41, beat Sequoyah by 40, beat Meigs County by 48.

hypocrisy2-300x293.jpg

Troll, I garuntee you that Price man knew about this McClendon boy and he should have went by that Childress mans rules. I garuntee you that Childress man is not going to tolerate this mess. You think im joking but im not.

hypocrisy2-300x293.jpg

The disappointment isn't the margin, it's how a starting running back scored the last TD with two minutes left, up by 35.

• Upvote 1

Troll, I garuntee you that Price man knew about this McClendon boy and he should have went by that Childress mans rules. I garuntee you that Childress man is not going to tolerate this mess. You think im joking but im not.

I think the kids name is Keon Johnson, who plays at UTC and played for Red Bank, but he moved to Chatt from N.Carolina and lived in the Hixson area. He sat out a year to play for Red Bank. That's the way its supposed to be done.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Signal should have just took the punishment this year and went on, cause WRCB Channel 3 just said that if the case isnt ruled in Signal's favor that there are several more who would be ineligible. This could cost them that 2A state title as well

I took that as more of a warning to other schools in the county, than anything particular about Signal. It's the same line that's been used for several days.

That Lankford boy played on Griders team last year. I dont know why Grider did not list him in the Murphy Fair book. He is a real good runner, but he is legal. I tried to tell everyone that after that Childress man busted those Perry County boys that he would not put up with anymore of this mess. That Price man did not believe me and now that Childress man has told that Price man that he cant go to the playoffs. I guess nobody will get to spear that Price mans mascot this year. :roflol:

roy, i was standing no more than 15 yards away when that happened. and while i hate that that kid got smeared like that, i have to say i will laugh about that until the day i die. if anyone out there thinks that makes me a bad person then, well i guess i'm a bad person. it was hilarious!!!! roflolk.gifroflolk.gifroflolk.gif

I took that as more of a warning to other schools in the county, than anything particular about Signal. It's the same line that's been used for several days.

McClendon has attended five high schools in four years, going to Hixson, Brainerd, Howard and Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe before coming to Signal Mountain for his senior year.........

You know I watched Polk play a great game the other night and have told everyone what a class act PC was, y'alls offence looked great almost perfect. So we made a mistake, I bet we are not the only ones with an "illeagal" player.

Probably not - as far as I'm concerned, TSSAA can burn down every program in the state that does cheat.

The one thing that I am absolutely sure of, is that Polk County would remain untouched - PC grows it's own talent and plays by the rules. Coach Davis is an actual COACH who teaches honor, fairness, and discipline on as well as off the field and is not an opportunistic cheating punk like that Price man-child.

I have nothing against you Realmenwearred - you don't glory in destroying teams like some other SM fans I know no longer have respect for.

Edited by Yeehaw

hypocrisy2-300x293.jpg

Want to know why you're oh so wrong? Coach Davis pulls the starters as soon as the game gets away and subs everybody on the bench. Last year there was a time or two, if we could of put cheerleaders in pads - they would have been in. There were times when the starters had to go back in to save our butts when our jv and freshmen fell over, it happens and everybody plays if the score allows a win without crushing the opposing team.

You sir, and your partners in crime, glory in destroying teams - for no reason than your wanna-be coach's ego trip. Worst of all is that Signal Mountain cheats to do it!

If this is what your program teaches the kids that go to SM, you're going to have more problems than you ever imagined and will reap what you sow.

And SM will deserve it.

The Signal Mountain public relations committee is hard at it today, disguised as a news article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/oct/14/mcclendons-journey-signal-mountain-mountain-high-s/

Here's a comment from the paper's website:

Nice piece of fluff and fiction. The writer obviously has an agenda: helping his Signal Mtn coaching buddies keep their jobs.

How about a reality check: what a sweet coincidence that the well-traveled Shane Roberson magically ends up at Signal for Tim McClendon's senior year. Roberson's recent journey takes him from Orchard Knob, to Sequatchie County, to LFO in Catoosa County, and now to Signal: and somehow a superstar player or two follows him everywhere he goes.

So Roberson just goes to central office, and asks for a hardship transfer for McClendon. Hardship requests are routinely turned down every day. But this one is quickly granted. That's all there is to it? Board member Chip Baker had nothing to do with it? So ANY kid who's been in a fight, or doesn't want to be with "the wrong crowd" at an inner-city school, can get a free ride to the self-proclaimed best school in the county? Really? That's great. Why hasn't Hamilton County publicized this fact? Wouldn't this solve Chattanooga's gang problem?

And as for McClendon's long list of high schools, a dubious achievement for anyone who's lived at the same address for four years, that is very telling. A lot of great kids graduate each year from Hixson, Brainerd, Howard and LFO (where he actually came and went twice). This fabricated public-relations piece is an insult to all of those schools.

Finally was McClendon "recruited" at Signal Mountain? Did he, as this story says, just learn that his coaching pal Shane magically got hired at the best school in the county, and then texted him, asking for help "for academic reasons?" (implying that LFO, an award-winning school has poor academics?...the same LFO that was 0-10 in football last year?)

Is this the first time special arrangements have been made for an athlete who lives far from Signal to play, or of course "further his academics" at Signal? The TSSAA knows the answer to that one.

Signal Mountain administrators say "everyone else is doing it too." Maybe so. Just not as blatantly and sloppy as Signal does.

It's great that McClendon is getting individual care and tutoring at Signal. He certainly can benefit from it. But until Signal publicly and openly invites and accepts all troubled inner city students, not just great athletes who can help them run up the score, their smug claims of innocence are laughable.

• Upvote 1