Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

I agree I think SC should play some tougher teams as well. They won't drop Macon because that is a rivarly game but I think it might benefit SC if they dropped White County and Warren Central and play some tougher teams. If they don't want to play TC they don't have too, but there is plenty of teams in Middle Tennessee that are good football teams. Now as far as this game goes I think scheduling had nothing whatsoever to do with the outcome. Both teams were evenly matched and I saw SC slipping and sliding as much as I saw PC slipping and sliding!

True you have to at least keep a rivarly game or two in there to keep the money flowing and the town into it. But it was a even game I can say that...I was going for pc but I knew it was gone be a tight game because PC had a lot of 9th and 10th graders playing plus with the back up QB starting his first game of the season..

This is the last thing I am going to post on this thread as PC won the game and they deserved to. But, it absolutely has zero to do with the schedule and all you trolls on here like slimshady and friends are doing nothing but trying to draw attention to yourselves. Congratulations, you confirmed my opinion, your an idiot.

Smith County is a 3A school with a little over 600 people. Why do they want to schedule inner city Nashville schools? Why would they not want to play the rural schools like themselves like they have always done? Why is the strength of schedule such a hot topic this year? Is it because they went 10-0 this year and haven't done that in over 20 years? If they had lost two games and wasn't ranked number 1 in the state but rather 5-7 like they are about every year, would that make this discussion have a little less juice? Why? Why do they drop Macon County, and schedule Pearl Cohn? I mean did you see their crowd? They had 100 fans if that. The band didn't pay to get in, remember that. Is York down, yes, wasn't it year before last they advanced to 4th round? Did Livingston not win a state championship 5 years ago? Gordonsville has, White House has. Since when is this year all of a sudden the year that all of those teams are bad schedules. I mean really, do they have to play Trousdale County (not gonna happen) or better yet go call these ABC private schools who recruit rather than playing the schools in a 1 hour radius that is going to bring 3 times the crowd. Or do they have to do a home and home with state champion Knox Catholic 2 and half hours away again? Seriously, this is ridiculous. They have traveled to Nashville or further, ask howdoitknow2. This topic of discussion is comical. Slimshady, can't wait to see you again. I got something for you.

Edited by I Love HS Football

Looked like about 6 plays was the difference in the game. A long run on PCs 1st score. A missed long ball by a yard by SC where the DB was beat. . A fumble deep in SC territory. A great interception by a PC back that would have been the go head score late. A slip by a SC reciever coming out of cut when wide open for a go ahead score. And another fumble late to seal the deal. Being deep in PC territory twice (before the half and 3 quarter) and coming away with nothing was the killer. SC scores either time, goes up by two possessions, it takes the air out of PC. Didn't happen, give PC credit for those stands.

I feel like SC let this one slip away, but when playing a good team, a few little mistakes, bounces,slips, are magnified and make the difference in the outcome. Good luck rest of the way PC.

Great season Owls, fun to watch. Ended way to soon. But unless you win the gold ball, they ALL end too soon. Had fun this year poking and jabbing at folks.

Hope the rest of the teams in the area do well. I may have to watch G-ville and SP, and check on TC and the others along the way.

If would's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas Termite.Just ask any Westmoreland fan that about this season. I think we had more TD's called back this season than all the others put together. If you dont believe me ask coach Kelly. To answer the question I Love HS Football asked about the cheers of the Livingston folks. Its because of arrogance on the SC fans behalfs. Imagine playing a schedule full of PC highs. When your put in a district like Westmorelandsyou feel like that every Friday night. With every passing close loss you lose a little more interest in your football team by the students and fans. Some folks such as myself feel SC has been given to easy of a time and this is why they went 10-0. We lost our starting QB,who by the way was a sophmore,in the Goodpasture game and didnt see him the rest of the season except for kicking duties. When you play a tough schedule night in and night out you have injuries and close calls every game. The little things like you touched on the this post happen every Friday night that cause you to win or lose. You can slip and fall all over the field alot and still beat a Cannon co. or and upperman but 1 bobbled snap can lose a game against a PC. Remember that next season Termite when your playing the school for the deaf again.

This is the last thing I am going to post on this thread as PC won the game and they deserved to. But, it absolutely has zero to do with the schedule and all you trolls on here like slimshady and friends are doing nothing but trying to draw attention to yourselves. Congratulations, you confirmed my opinion, your an idiot.

Smith County is a 3A school with a little over 600 people. Why do they want to schedule inner city Nashville schools? Why would they not want to play the rural schools like themselves like they have always done? Why is the strength of schedule such a hot topic this year? Is it because they went 10-0 this year and haven't done that in over 20 years? If they had lost two games and wasn't ranked number 1 in the state but rather 5-7 like they are about every year, would that make this discussion have a little less juice? Why? Why do they drop Macon County, and schedule Pearl Cohn? I mean did you see their crowd? They had 100 fans if that. The band didn't pay to get in, remember that. Is York down, yes, wasn't it year before last they advanced to 4th round? Did Livingston not win a state championship 5 years ago? Gordonsville has, White House has. Since when is this year all of a sudden the year that all of those teams are bad schedules. I mean really, do they have to play Trousdale County (not gonna happen) or better yet go call these ABC private schools who recruit rather than playing the schools in a 1 hour radius that is going to bring 3 times the crowd. Or do they have to do a home and home with state champion Knox Catholic 2 and half hours away again? Seriously, this is ridiculous. They have traveled to Nashville or further, ask howdoitknow2. This topic of discussion is comical. Slimshady, can't wait to see you again. I got something for you.

You must didn't read our posts right....and if you plan on making the playoffs wouldn't you wanna be as ready as you can?? If you make the playoffs you know what kind of teams you going to be facing so why you wouldn't u wanna get a head start??.SC always wins there div.. But chokes playoff times. But somethings gotta change if they wanna make it deep in the playoffs...I'm nt a SC fan but I'm just saying...but as I said earlier they where better then last year..

Smith County is a 3A school with a little over 600 people. #1. Why do they want to schedule inner city Nashville schools? #2. Why would they not want to play the rural schools like themselves like they have always done? #3. Why is the strength of schedule such a hot topic this year? #4. Is it because they went 10-0 this year and haven't done that in over 20 years? #5. If they had lost two games and wasn't ranked number 1 in the state but rather 5-7 like they are about every year, would that make this discussion have a little less juice? Why? #6. Why do they drop Macon County, and schedule Pearl Cohn? I mean did you see their crowd? They had 100 fans if that. The band didn't pay to get in, remember that. Is York down, yes, wasn't it year before last they advanced to 4th round? Did Livingston not win a state championship 5 years ago? Gordonsville has, White House has. Since when is this year all of a sudden the year that all of those teams are bad schedules. I mean really, #7. do they have to play Trousdale County (not gonna happen) or better yet go call these ABC private schools who recruit rather than playing the schools in a 1 hour radius that is going to bring 3 times the crowd. Or #8. do they have to do a home and home with state champion Knox Catholic 2 and half hours away again? Seriously, this is ridiculous. They have traveled to Nashville or further, ask howdoitknow2. This topic of discussion is comical. Slimshady, can't wait to see you again. I got something for you.

ANSWERS

1. To play better competition.

2. See #1.

3. Because SC went 10-0 in the regular season and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

4. Yes

5. a. If they had lost 2 games they would be 8-2.

b. They haven't been 5-7 in several years.

c. Yes it would have a little less juice.

6. I don't recall reading about dropping Macon Co. but rather replacing teams like White Co. or Warren County on the schedule.

7. Most of the "ABC" schools are within an hour-hour and a half radius. They probably wouldnt' bring much less of a crowd than White Co, Warren Co, or Upperman brings.

8. If that's waht it takes to play the teams you need to play to get better, then yes.

One last thing. In my opinion the difference in the game last night was the PC defense in the second half. they physically dominated and intimidated the SC O-line. As the second half progressed they grew more confident and as a result the SC offense could not really get going. the interception in the end zone was a killer and the first fumble was just gas on the fire for the PC defense.

You must didn't read our posts right....and if you plan on making the playoffs wouldn't you wanna be as ready as you can?? If you make the playoffs you know what kind of teams you going to be facing so why you wouldn't u wanna get a head start??.SC always wins there div.. But chokes playoff times. But somethings gotta change if they wanna make it deep in the playoffs...I'm nt a SC fan but I'm just saying...but as I said earlier they where better then last year..

SC has been to the 4th round in the playoffs and three times to the 3rd round in the last 8 years. You make it sound like they don't know anything about life after round 1. Point noted.

ANSWERS

1. To play better competition.

2. See #1.

3. Because SC went 10-0 in the regular season and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

4. Yes

5. a. If they had lost 2 games they would be 8-2.

b. They haven't been 5-7 in several years.

c. Yes it would have a little less juice.

6. I don't recall reading about dropping Macon Co. but rather replacing teams like White Co. or Warren County on the schedule.

7. Most of the "ABC" schools are within an hour-hour and a half radius. They probably wouldnt' bring much less of a crowd than White Co, Warren Co, or Upperman brings.

8. If that's waht it takes to play the teams you need to play to get better, then yes.

One last thing. In my opinion the difference in the game last night was the PC defense in the second half. they physically dominated and intimidated the SC O-line. As the second half progressed they grew more confident and as a result the SC offense could not really get going. the interception in the end zone was a killer and the first fumble was just gas on the fire for the PC defense.

Then Gordonsville has a decision to make. They need to cancel Smith County and Westmoreland and go pick up Pearl Cohn and Christ Presbyterian so they can better prepare themselves for the playoffs with that cupcake district schedule of Pickett County, Watertown, Red Boiling Springs, Monterey, etc. LMAO, I wasn't expecting anyone from Gordonsville to start taking shots at Smith County for their scheduling.

Then Gordonsville has a decision to make. They need to cancel Smith County and Westmoreland and go pick up Pearl Cohn and Christ Presbyterian so they can better prepare themselves for the playoffs with that cupcake district schedule of Pickett County, Watertown, Red Boiling Springs, Monterey, etc. LMAO, I wasn't expecting anyone from Gordonsville to start taking shots at Smith County for their scheduling.

Like SC, Gordonsville has no control over their region schedule. However, I would say that SC and Westmoreland as non-region competition rates better than White Co and Warren Co. I wouldn't be L'ng my A off if I were you, Gordonsville playing TC and FC in their Region schedule every year prepares them quite well for the playoffs. And I wasn't taking shots at SC, just answering your questions.

Like SC, Gordonsville has no control over their region schedule. However, I would say that SC and Westmoreland as non-region competition rates better than White Co and Warren Co. I wouldn't be L'ng my A off if I were you, Gordonsville playing TC and FC in their Region schedule every year prepares them quite well for the playoffs. And I wasn't taking shots at SC, just answering your questions.

Oh no, Friendship Christian?

What I saw was two teams that where evenly matched and either team could have came away with the game last night. To me neither team dominated the other on offense in defense. SC out played PC in the 1st half and PC outplayed SC in the 2nd half. If both teams played each other 10 times this year I would say they would split. What beat SC was the fact that PC won the turnover battle. If you go all the way back to the begginning of the year when SC and Gville played. I would almost bet Gville outgained SC in yards in that game, but SC won the turnover battle and won the game. SC should not be ashamed of losing this game because PC is one of the best teams in the state of 3a and could end up playing in Cookeville themselves. It was a fun game and a good game to watch...

:thumb: