Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

The big call on the chop block was determinded to be before the punt by the officials.

Playing CPA wouldn't get any team ready for Pearl Cohn's athleticism. They gift wrapped 14 points and gave them to you on a platter last week. I doubt you'll be as fortunate in two weeks.

PC played better down the stretch. SC's schedule had nothing in the world to do with the outcome of this game.

I think the point is that PC strength of schedule had every thing to do with the outcome of this game.

Must have been a great game to watch. I couldn't bring myself to go to Smith Co. to watch it though (maybe the G'ville side, but not the 'other' side). Anyway, maybe carthage should schedule TC next year. They would probably learn a great deal about themselves after losing their first game of the season.

Smith county turned the ball over 4 times and pearl Cohn didn't have one after they just had 7 turnovers (4 fumbles, 3 interceptions) and CPA still had to block a fg and return it 75 yards for win. Pc has a good team and deserve to win as they made the least amount of mistakes. It's not that people are saying sc is overrated but rather the who. I know I'm not referring to the majority of fans but gordonsville fans obviously enjoy the outcome as well as weary and trousdale fans. You would think they would want to see their neighbors to do well against inner city Nashville schools. I even heard that Livingston Academy fans cheered when they announced the Smith County score. Wow.

I didn't go to the LA game but that wouldn't surprise me at all. Getting beat by SC year after year brings out the worst in lots of LA fans. Especially the ones who didn't want JM as our coach when we had a chance to get him many years ago. Why would any smart fan want to see a team from our region get beat by a team from Nashville? Jealousy is not a good thing!

Smith county turned the ball over 4 times and pearl Cohn didn't have one after they just had 7 turnovers (4 fumbles, 3 interceptions) and CPA still had to block a fg and return it 75 yards for win. Pc has a good team and deserve to win as they made the least amount of mistakes. It's not that people are saying sc is overrated but rather the who. I know I'm not referring to the majority of fans but gordonsville fans obviously enjoy the outcome as well as weary and trousdale fans. You would think they would want to see their neighbors to do well against inner city Nashville schools. I even heard that Livingston Academy fans cheered when they announced the Smith County score. Wow.

a lot of us root for carthage in the playoffs, we just aren't overly vocal.

• Upvote 1

I won't say that I enjoyed the outcome, I was really hoping they'd win.

But, I won't lose sleep over the loss.

Guest Termite

Looked like about 6 plays was the difference in the game. A long run on PCs 1st score. A missed long ball by a yard by SC where the DB was beat. . A fumble deep in SC territory. A great interception by a PC back that would have been the go head score late. A slip by a SC reciever coming out of cut when wide open for a go ahead score. And another fumble late to seal the deal. Being deep in PC territory twice (before the half and 3 quarter) and coming away with nothing was the killer. SC scores either time, goes up by two possessions, it takes the air out of PC. Didn't happen, give PC credit for those stands.

I feel like SC let this one slip away, but when playing a good team, a few little mistakes, bounces,slips, are magnified and make the difference in the outcome. Good luck rest of the way PC.

Great season Owls, fun to watch. Ended way to soon. But unless you win the gold ball, they ALL end too soon. Had fun this year poking and jabbing at folks.

Hope the rest of the teams in the area do well. I may have to watch G-ville and SP, and check on TC and the others along the way.

I didn't go to the LA game but that wouldn't surprise me at all. Getting beat by SC year after year brings out the worst in lots of LA fans. Especially the ones who didn't want JM as our coach when we had a chance to get him many years ago. Why would any smart fan want to see a team from our region get beat by a team from Nashville? Jealousy is not a good thing!

I agree oldcat. Good luck to LA next week.

Looked like about 6 plays was the difference in the game. A long run on PCs 1st score. A missed long ball by a yard by SC where the DB was beat. . A fumble deep in SC territory. A great interception by a PC back that would have been the go head score late. A slip by a SC reciever coming out of cut when wide open for a go ahead score. And another fumble late to seal the deal. Being deep in PC territory twice (before the half and 3 quarter) and coming away with nothing was the killer. SC scores either time, goes up by two possessions, it takes the air out of PC. Didn't happen, give PC credit for those stands.

I feel like SC let this one slip away, but when playing a good team, a few little mistakes, bounces,slips, are magnified and make the difference in the outcome. Good luck rest of the way PC.

Great season Owls, fun to watch. Ended way to soon. But unless you win the gold ball, they ALL end too soon. Had fun this year poking and jabbing at folks.

Hope the rest of the teams in the area do well. I may have to watch G-ville and SP, and check on TC and the others along the way.

I agree, listening to the radio, it seemed that SC did alot to lose the game instead of win it.

However, those things happen, you have to overcome it and execute.

Was really hoping to see SC, TC, and Gville in Cookeville.

Outcoached is all I got to say.Worst coaching game of the year.Owls came out 2nd half and played 'not to lose' instead of playing 'to win'.Hats off to Pearl on a near flawless game.I just hate it for the seniors last game to lose on piss poor coaching.To say I am bitter is an understatement.If we can spend thousands on a field and indoor practice facility at least we could hire a decent OC!!!No way Owls are supposed to lose this game.Good Luck to Pearl the rest of the year.

Just wanted to congratulate the SRs and the Owls on a great season. This team was fun to watch. Saw you guys play several games starting against G/Ville and ending tonight. This team got better every week I watched you play. You have nothing to be ashamed of because you left it all on the field. Best of luck in life.

Tonight PC was the dangerous team everyone feared that could show up. And unfortunately for the Owls this was the night. Their defense was solid and they had 2 great runners. The only weakness I seen was the QB position and that could or could not be a factor in them reaching Cookeville. Guess we'll see.

Read on here where some of you blamed the coaching. It's easy to sit in the stands and critique the coaches. If you have never been a coach then shut up...cause you have no clue. You ever think or did you see the athletes on the field for Pearl Cohn. Defensively they were darn good. And I doubt if your team could even be in the game with PC much less have a chance to win like SC did.

I agree, listening to the radio, it seemed that SC did alot to lose the game instead of win it.

However, those things happen, you have to overcome it and execute.

Was really hoping to see SC, TC, and Gville in Cookeville.

Croz,are u saying that g-ville won't be in Cookeville? :huh: :huh: