Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Henry co will have their way in this game might be biggest lopsided game at state. In my eyes Henry co is the best team in tn hands down. They will be hard to beat if they were to bring their C- game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all I will be back for score prediction tomorrow.

Henry co will have their way in this game might be biggest lopsided game at state. In my eyes Henry co is the best team in tn hands down. They will be hard to beat if they were to bring their C- game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all I will be back for score prediction tomorrow.

We haven't even proven we're the best team in 5A yet. Also, our C- game won't get it done Friday night. Thanks for your support, though.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Had to raise my eyebrows a little at this report in the Knoxville newspaper. When asked how to prepare for this game, the Powell coach replied as follows:

"I got on the phone with Coach Quarles last night," said Lowe on Monday. Quarles, the Maryville coach, won his first seven state-championship appearances (2000-02 and 2004-07) in Class 4A. "I tried to pick his brain and understand how to approach this week," said Lowe, "how to handle everything . . ."

Quarles responded to try to keep everything the same or something along those lines. In particular, practice in a niiiice, waaarrrmm, indoor facility so the Vols mystique can rub off on you. Make sure none of your players get a sore throat from being out in the cold. Also, it may be loud Friday night, so make sure you protect their ears during the week.

Of course I've taken editorial license in the preceding paragraph. Just would have expected something like: "We are gonna play ball like we know how to play ball. Our kids know what to expect in tough football game. We're gonna execute what we've been practicing and bring a trophy home to Powell". Instead of "I called a coach at another school to see what he'd do".

I really don't understand your point , are you making light of what they discussed or just the fact that they talked to each other ? Coach Quarles is a very humble man that loves to talk Football , and why wouldn't another coach want to talk to him ?

Henry co will have their way in this game might be biggest lopsided game at state. In my eyes Henry co is the best team in 5A hands down. They will be hard to beat if they were to bring their C- game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all I will be back for score prediction tomorrow.

Fixed it for you..... :thumb:

What radio station will carry this one? Maybe on the internet? I would sure like to know and good luck to Henry County! :thumb:

Zebra.Do yall get WKNO which is Channel 10 here.That tv station are carrying all the games.But if you would rather listen to them on the radio instead of watching them the TSSAA Network is also carrying the games on the internet.

Edited by mrbigster

Zebra.Do yall get WKNO which is Channel 10 here.That tv station are carrying all the games.But if you would rather listen to them on the radio instead of watching them the TSSAA Network is also carrying the games on the internet.

No i got Dishnetwork don't have 10. If i can't fine on Dish i will just listen on the net! Just checked channel 11 out of Jackson and Martin is broadcating it and i can get it Thanks! Good luck once again Henry County! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

No i got Dishnetwork don't have 10. If i can't fine on Dish i will just listen on the net! Just checked channel 11 out of Jackson and Martin is broadcating it and i can get it Thanks! Good luck once again Henry County! :thumb:

The Powell broadcast on AM 620 WRJZ in Knoxville will be available on streaming. You can access the streaming through the Powell Football website: http://www.powellpanthersfootball.com/ . The streaming will be available to hook on to approxmiately 30 minutes before the Panther Pre-Game Show begins at 7 PM Eastern (6 Central).