Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

CONGRATS TO THE 2011 1A STATE CHAMPIONS...WAYNE COUNTY WILDCATS!!!! I picked you to lose because of what I saw out of SP last year and I was wrong.

The SP players should be proud of their accomplishments. Today just wasn't your day...you made way too many mistakes to get the W. WC wasn't exacly perfect but they were pretty dang close. As for the SP coaching excuse...:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I am in the same boat as you, I am however pleasantly surprised. Conagrats to WC on a great season and a championship. I thought SP's speed would be a little too much for you guys but you play disciplined, containment, football perfectly which is what is needed against a team w/ superior speed. Well done.....

Offensively, I questioned if you guys would be as effective as UC in '09 b/c you guys dont have a dominant FB like they did but you more than made up for it w/ better QB play which was compounded by the fact he is a much better passer than that UC QB was, which gave you guys perfect balance for what you guys do. Excellent game and perfect way to start off the state title games this weekend.....

Jus got thru watchn the game, tremendous efforts from both teams, nothing less that what you would expect... I see some may be punchn on the pirates coaches a bit but from what I saw WC jus had the right plays called on particuler downs and Pitt jus had the wrong blitz/ gap called. The pirates had opportunities but dropped passes and the bad snap killed em on that drive. I can tell you one thing #10 is a ball player for the pirates, he rocked the C for WC all day. Austin Rice is a very composed player and leader of that team, WC Oline done a great job, looks maybe the pirates Oline got a little winded in the 4th. WC had some problems finishing the tackle at times. I huge congrats goes to Ricky rice cause I know him personally, we played against each other in HS and we always chit chat when we cross paths. Congrats to the pirates fir an outstanding season with all the injuries you guys had and we able to overcome and return to the title game... So Pitt is the monster in the way year to year to reach the ultimate goal !

I just got home from this mess. This seemed like a replay from 2009 against Union County. Grider did not make any changes to our defence just like against Union County. Let me ask you another question. Why did Grider have that Lankford boy on the sideline alot this game? This Lankford boy was a Mr. football finalist and ran for 2000 yards and Grider had him on the sideline. This was a bunch of mess. Grider needs to make him a sign down their by his champion sign with all the durn years we should have won a championship. I garuntee you 2011 would be on it. You think im joking but im not.

Congratulations Wayne County,no debate on who's the best in 1A this year!Y'all personaly eliminated three of the top four opponents in class A with hardnosed,mistake free assignment football like the game was ment to be played.I can't say enough about the character the Wildcats have displayed,as there's a fine line between showing a "healthy" respect to your foe,while allowing not one ounce of fear of them.Also to South Pittsburg,no need to hang your heads over losing the championship game(how many programs envy the tradition y'all have built?),the seniors leaving have their rings...the underclassmen are already(in my opinion)the team to beat next year,as usual.To the posters on the 'T...I've got to hand it to y'all 260+ pages!That shows that the bigger schools will never understand the passion of the small programs,our small communities live and die with their kids' teams and results and both S.P. & W.C. have shown the pride they have in their own. :thumb:

I just got home from this mess. This seemed like a replay from 2009 against Union County. Grider did not make any changes to our defence just like against Union County. Let me ask you another question. Why did Grider have that Lankford boy on the sideline alot this game? This Lankford boy was a Mr. football finalist and ran for 2000 yards and Grider had him on the sideline. This was a bunch of mess. Grider needs to make him a sign down their by his champion sign with all the durn years we should have won a championship. I garuntee you 2011 would be on it. You think im joking but im not.

WELL ROY I THINK WE JUST GOT BEAT AS BAD AS I HATE TO SAY

TENNJAKE

Sportsmanship: is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.(Websters) Didn't see that at the end of that play.

He shouldn't have turned around like he did and face down the field. However, he just set a state title game record on a 98 yd pass reception, about 37 yards through the air and ran for the rest.