South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

That is almost true. We did let a few slip away over the last few years, but on the whole we have a staff second to none that know how to get the job done.

On the Signal feud.....it's not a done deal yet that we have dropped them from the schedule. It's just that Vic gave Price some conditions to meet. If Price doesn't meet them we won't play them.

The Goat sez; Condition #1 Let me win.

Sp will jump out big and rest some people in the second half. Shoot, and I am sure people might say Grider is running up the score after this one but if that was the case he could let Demetric and Jajuan play the whole game and have tons of yards a piece. That won't happen. Look for younger pirates like Fitzgerald and Blevins to get in on the action.

Sp- 70

Whitwell- 13

Edited by powerp

Everyone is amazed at the number of points scored at the Signal game....109. They seem to forget the Whitwell game last year...110 points. And don't forget we beat Whitwell 82-0 in 2008. Other than the 2000 forfeit the last time Whitwell beat South Pittsburg was in 1991. 21-8.

Whitwell beat T.C. in the 28 - 7 in the 3rd round of the playoffs that year and lost to FRA 24/7 in the semis.

Jasper never wanted to consolidate during the K.C. and the Sunshine band years. Otherwise they wouldn't have pushed for the new high school in Jasper with its on custom silo. Whitwell obviously wasn't interested or they wouldn't have pushed for their new H.S. The best thing to do is just close Jasper and Whitwell and bus them down to S.P.H.S. roflol.gif

Wow, really? Did jasper get a new school when kc got there?? I really didn't know that, thought it was much earlier. If I remember correctly when there was a vote it was passed, but all the schoolboard wasn't there and mr allison pitched a fit about it. When the last superintendant was here he put it to a vote, but it wasn't like it should have been. Can't beat a dead horse though. Main problem is that there are too many diehards that only care about a football rivalry and don't care about these kids futures.........that's the bottom line. You also said something about who would coach. Fact is there would be people lining up from everywhere to coach a school like that. Heck, in some sports you can't find one good coach right now, much less one for all the schools.

Wow, really? Did jasper get a new school when kc got there?? I really didn't know that, thought it was much earlier. If I remember correctly when there was a vote it was passed, but all the schoolboard wasn't there and mr allison pitched a fit about it. When the last superintendant was here he put it to a vote, but it wasn't like it should have been. Can't beat a dead horse though. Main problem is that there are too many diehards that only care about a football rivalry and don't care about these kids futures.........that's the bottom line. You also said something about who would coach. Fact is there would be people lining up from everywhere to coach a school like that. Heck, in some sports you can't find one good coach right now, much less one for all the schools.

The job would be Grider's. Unless Alcoa's Rankin or Maryville Coach came calling. Hometown guy with 4 Gold balls and 2 Silver is obvious choice. It would be cool but won't happen for atleast another 15-20 years

Well I've kinda stayed away from here lately. As long as the world as we know it continues on its current course, this game will be very lopsided. Look for some good experience time for the younger Pirates. Like PowerP said, I'm sure just like in the past there will be talk of how Vic "ran up the score on Whitwell". Wrong. He'll sub the younger guys just like he has in the past. A good friend of mine and loyal Tiger supporter always says "I don't want to hear that crap about running up the score. It's up to our defense to stop the other team! We shouldn't wait on them to back off and quit playing." There's truth in those words but regardless, the younger Pirates will get good playing time. Whitwell has struggled for years now. The area had some success in recent years in PeeWee ball with the Wolfpack, but once they hit school ball, it just declines. Lots of folks around just vent like ole JoeWillie, wanting to just take out frustrations on a Pirate. The hitting goes both ways though and the Pirates are coming off of a tough loss so I don't think it'll be pretty. Whitwell should get Ben Petty to help out with High School football. He'd definitely help make a difference. Ben has his detractors, but I've saw him motivate kids to play hard and win. For some reason people just love hating on coaches who win. Just like Vic's haters. Vic has an outstanding program and support staff of great assistants. We tend to get spoiled and yes expectations stay high every year for our Pirates. That's a good thing to have those high expectations and enjoy seeing our boys be successful out there on the field. Be thankful for Vic and our staff. Lots of schools would love to have such coaches and enjoy what we take for granted sometimes. With all of that being said, I hope for an injury free game Friday night for all the guys playing. Stay fired up Orange and Black! And hit somebody! Pirates 49, Tigers 13.

Yes, K.C. was the first coach to coach on the field out behind the Silo.

Yes, I understand the forfeit game in 2000 when the kid that transferred got to play a couple of plays in garbage time at the end. That is why I said "on the field". So, 1991. Looks like SP is trying to take #21 in a row from the tiggers. 1991 was a great year for whitwell. Knocked off SP and TC. Wonder how many teams can say they have done that?

I am really already for the playoffs. I am tired of hearing about how good Gordonsville is and Greenback. They havent played anyone and really we haven't either but I can't wait to see them go against this offense. I don't care if we have to travel to their place, the moon or anywhere else because you have to beat the ones put in front of you. Maybe if we travel to Gordonsville this year they will have a water shortage and one of those freaky rain storms want wet down the field. Regardless I am proud of this team that everyone says is not up to Pirate standards. If they put on the Orange and Black they are up to my standards and the 3 headed monster we have in the backfield is plain scarey so 1A teams get ready. Sorry Whitwell wrong place wrong time.