South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

Funny question. How do you go about not trying to score to many points and making people mad at you. i hope Whitwell doesn't get to mad.

Now I understand how that question would be plum danged halarious for folks used to sitting on the Pirate side of the scoreboard. Oppposite side, not so much. You know the answer but I'll go ahead and type it anyway, cause I'm bored tonight. Put the game safely away (that'll differ with different opponents), sit as many starters as possible, and run off tackle plays until the final whistle. Let the clock count down max time between each play. If you're still driving practice a short field goal. All valley kickers would benefit from that. If you do happen to score while leading by 50 with under a minute to go, kick for the single point, don't go for two. Come on, an innovative coach smarter than me can come up with any number of ways to run a clock out without embarrasing an opponent. And here's another important point. When you're being interviewed after a big rivalry victory, don't tell the interviewer your disappointed you didn't hang "half a hundred" on the other team.

Now as for that Harley man's comment about my comments to the Whitwell players, what should I say to them. Roy knows, and Old Pirate knows, in fact everbody in Tennessee knows Whitwell stands little chance of beating the Pirates. Yall can overlook Whitwell and leave half your team at home and still dominate. Thats facts. The rabbits will run Friday night and Whitwell won't catch them much. Nobody has, not even SM. What the Whitwell players can do is find a Pirate player each play and do what football players are supposed to do. They better cause the Pirate players will sure not pass up the opportunity. That's all I was saying. Wasn't whinning or whatever you alluded it was. I'm just not going to tell Whitwell players its gonna snow in August.

With my apologies to Roy, I changed the title of this thread. It was obvious that very few were going to talk about this week's game and those that did only mentioned it in passing... Please keep this conversation to the three topics listed in the title... Thanks...

What kind of mess is this Purplegrad? Why are you messing with my website? You need to stay on your Marion website and leave my website alone. You think im joking but im not.

Old Pirate says with last weeks game a hot ticket & with Coach Vic's body guard (that bold man) revealed this game is doomed for anywhere close to the drama surrounding the game with the Eagles. The Pirates will score often and pull away in the 3rd qtr.

Your joking me. That bald headed guy is not a coach, he is just Griders body guard? I garuntee you that is why Grider is charging 6 dollars to get into his field. I garuntee you this is a bunch of mess. I thought that big bald headed man was a coach, not Griders body guard. This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

With my apologies to Roy, I changed the title of this thread. It was obvious that very few were going to talk about this week's game and those that did only mentioned it in passing... Please keep this conversation to the three topics listed in the title... Thanks...

You can do that? I think you just stepped in a big mudhole. JMO.

Your joking me. That bald headed guy is not a coach, he is just Griders body guard? I garuntee you that is why Grider is charging 6 dollars to get into his field. I garuntee you this is a bunch of mess. I thought that big bald headed man was a coach, not Griders body guard. This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, Figure a body guard jest might be a good thing even if us fellers have to shell out $6.00. Old Pirate figures with the Pirates not playing SM any more which is a huge gate coach Vic jest might need to raise the price of a futeball ear holing to $7.00 next year. Got to remember folkes like Whitwell & Lookout Valley don't usually fill the stands. You may think Old Pirate is joking but OP ain't joking neither! Edited by OLD PIRATE

I was told last week the count for Marion is 540. That would have probably been enough in the last classification.

I think 540 is a tad bit high.. not sure what our 20 day number was but right now we are 525-530... Word on the street is that they are doing the reclassification differently this time. They are only going to include the schools that participate in football when dividing up the classifications. If they do that, then the same cut numbers as last time won't be accurate. You have one of those Board of Control guys up in your neck of the woods...ask him how the cuts will go this time...