South Pittsburg against Boyd (Grider against this Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

Wow… I just watched the game replay… The second touchdown and last touchdown for SP were aided by the wing officials missing one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Speaking as a former wing official you have to see the wide out holding the corner.

Coaches know the wing official has responsibility for the ball carrier in the area and most will not catch this so the wide out locks up and then falls down or takes down the corner. You can see it if you know what to look for in real time, but slow it down and watch the take down. If you do it well it almost looks like the defender causes the fall. It also happens at least twice on the last touchdown. The first time the defender is trying to pull away and gets into the path of the runner and makes the tackle anyway. The next time is close to the goal line and you can see the defender trying to pull away but cannot.

Again, if you know what you are looking for you can see it in real time, but slow it down and there is no doubt. I am not asking you to believe me… it is “on demandâ€â€¦ watch it yourself.

Oh and if the official catches it… then the wide out will generally not do it the rest of the game. Or with speed like SP has… it may be... just take our chance if it is called back we just try again.

If I was playing SP I would inform the officials before the game that this has been observed during game film and to please be aware of it in the game.

Take those plays away and it might have ended 35 to 7 at the very least the last score came with a little over a minute left in the game and time could have run out if SP had been backed up twice on the drive.

This was a huge surprise for me.

After seeing Boyd's score against DCA, I figured SP would win by a couple of scores.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that I was wrong though, that will most likely give Gville a 2 seed over SP.

Actually with coalfield losing it helps SP regardless. Now Cloudland needs to get beat by Hampton and SP should be a 1 seed in quad 1 with Gordonsville in quad 2

Actually with coalfield losing it helps SP regardless. Now Cloudland needs to get beat by Hampton and SP should be a 1 seed in quad 1 with Gordonsville in quad 2

Just wondering PirateMike where did you get that info?A team with two losses coming into quad 1 with two teams with one loss and getting the 1 seed???Cloudland has more than enough wins i believe they will be second in their district even if Hampton beats them.

Great game - I said earlier that Boyd folks have a lot of respect for SP - We still do! Many years you would hear us say I "hope" we can win this one - this year we had more confidence that our BUCS would get the W! Every year is different - glad this year went our way! Our seniors have been focused all year - they have a goal! Go BUCS!

Just wondering PirateMike where did you get that info?A team with two losses coming into quad 1 with two teams with one loss and getting the 1 seed???Cloudland has more than enough wins i believe they will be second in their district even if Hampton beats them.

District champs are automatically #1 seed. There is no 1a district champ up there. This is what we have dealt with when Signal Mtn was in our district

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

This was a huge surprise for me.

After seeing Boyd's score against DCA, I figured SP would win by a couple of scores.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that I was wrong though, that will most likely give Gville a 2 seed over SP

Us SP folks have been trying to tell you....this is the best chance the Gmen will have to knock off the Pirates. They are still a dangerous team with the speed in the backfield, but we are small on the line and play alot of young players.

Somehow, someway this team has to regroup and pull it together. They still need to get better and work hard each week. Bottom line is even after getting whooped they will still have a shot at winning the ultimate prize although it will very tough. Getting beat like that in a weird way might actually help us somehow.