South Pittsburg against Boyd (Grider against this Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

All you powder puffs in here better be ready for a good football game tomorrow night! SP needs to score quick and early. We need to build a cushion. I think this game will come down to the end a close one.

Boyd 17

SP 21

Whewwww!!! 21 points Idk if I like SP chances Ina lower scoring game. I believe with Boyd's team they are built to ground pound and grind out drives. I would rather score quick and often and make them play our game. I believe whoever sets the tempo wins the game. I will be dissapointed if SP loses because I really believe if SP has a chance to go far this year this is a MUST win game. People get tired of hearing it but Boyd is close Gordonsville...From what I have gathered from those in the know who have seen them the Gmen have a little more speed and better overall line play but Boyd has a little better Defense. This will be a dogfight early but IF SP defense plays like it did against Signal they win! (Forcing 10 4th downs)

Rain could have some effect on game outcome but I doubt it. Still see SP pulling away to a comfortable win in the 2nd half. It will take a perfectly played defensive effort to contain these speedsters. Just don't see that happening. If the score is low and close Pirates might be in trouble. I will see some part of this game late.

This won't be the game people think. Boyd is much improved this season. This reminds me of our 2003 team that won the gold. So Pitt is a decent program but don't have the pedigree of Boyd. Boyd's defense will stifle So Pitts offense just like the old days and the Bucs will score at will on that stuff yall call a defense. Boyd wins big.

Bucs 47

Pirates 20

A little tip my friend. Skip dinner this evening, your gonna have plenty crow to eat tonight!!

Roy I thought it was nice of that Stone man to let Grider use his tarp to cover the field with. I came by there and thought our field was painted black. Thought we were trying to copy Boise State. We do have some rain in the area but it's suppose to be out of here by 10-11 so the field should be good.Now if we were playing in the swamp that could be a different story all together.

Looks like we will have a little bit of swamp at the pit tonight!!!! Let's go BUCS - HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

Well we have a good field that drains very well so I hate to burst your bubble but it would take a week of nonstop raining for our field to resemble oneday of raining at the swamp.

Finally game day...rain this morning...clearing out by noon. Should make for great playing conditions tonight at the PITT. It comes down to a few factors: Can the Pirate O-line sustain blocks, can Boyd contain the Pirate speed, can the Pirate D-line get penetration and take pressure off the LB's and Safety...time will tell but my prediction is as follows:

Pirates 48

Bucs 32

Go Pirates!!