Sullivan South/Cleveland Playoff issue

mjuhb

It is my understanding that the TSSAA has talked with both schools and I am sure Cleveland and Sullivan coaches asked questions and were given answers. Here is a link to the press release from the TSSAA which is posted on CoachT.com

http://www.coacht.co...e.cfm?id=395774

Yes I am sure that both schools have been communicated with and have been given explanations. Like the previous poster mentioned, this Association suffers from a real image problem and while its a small item, it would not be out of line and yet so appropriate to offer an open apology.....something like "the Assocation regrets this error and the inconvenience it may have caused these schools and fans and has taken the appropriate steps to minimize the chances of a repeat error." "Further, SS fans will be admitted free of charge to the game to help defray the added costs of travel", instead of the matter of fact rules dribble as if it was the regulations fault and not thiers.

SS is going six hours to play a first round game and if lucky will get to do it again the next week all the while incuring cost becasue of a mistake that seems to be of a repeating nature as the press release so proudfully boasts. Add on top of this jacked ticket prices once you get there, half of which goes to an Association that enjoys a tremendous financial position versus individual programs that beg and plead for donations to make ends meet and you end up feeling a bit queezy about the boys from Brentwood. This was not the Associations best moment and a little humble pie or remorse never hurt anyone or anything.

TSSAA should have corrected their mistake by following the original "Setting the Quadrants" guidelines:

1.) Try to keep teams in their natural quadrants [Quad 1: Districts 1-4, Quad 2:Districts 5-8, Quad 3: District 9-12, & Quad 4: Districts 13-16];

2.) Do not move a team more than one natural quadrant;

3.) Take into account historical grouping, &

4.) Minimize travel time.

The last thing one should do when correcting a mistake is to make another mistake, which I think has happened. They have violated 3 of the 4 (1,3, & 4) of their guidelines, which is a majority. If they do not want to follow these guidelines then change them or delete them. They already allow more than geography to come into play in setting the quadrants since Anderson County appears to be further from the Quad 2 teams than Powell, Knox West, Knox Central, & South Doyle but they do not mention this in their guidelines. I realize the least interruption aspect of their solution but it is best to do the right thing as soon as you can.

We should not be suprised by the latest actions made by the Dysfunctional organizational known as the TSSAA.

When is the last time anyone can remember a decision being made with any regard to the Athlete?

As far as paying for expenses for SS to travel to Columbia and any sunsequent game, what makes anyone think they will allow another game?

I have witnessed, as I am sure you have, many competitions in numerous sports they were blatantly and excessively called with advantage to one team.

They will not allow another game where they would have to fund travel expenses.

Untl all the ADs in the state make a coordinated effort to reign in the TSSAA and hold them accountable from the executive offices to the playing arena our student athletes will continue to suffer.

I never said Polk was a cupcake and I understand Hixson was 7-3 but look at the competition they both played compared to what maryville and Catholic played of course the teams walker played had more teams they beat that were. .500 bc they played a lot of weaker teams.

25, All your team needed to do was beat a 1-8 Rhea Co. and you would have been in. Why hate on WV? They had to qualify the same way as any other team. Like Cleveland's coach said take care of business on the field.

Indian, the error was realized mere hours after the bracket show, so yes, that's exactly what they should have done. Most teams exchange film electronically anyway.

Small logistical issues like that should not have stood in the way of the TSSAA properly correcting its massive error.

1266, what should they have done, reseed and have all the coaches that already had swapped film go back out on the road?

If teams in 5A are still swapping film they are behind times and technology. Web site access codes are swapped and all games are archived there. There should be no travel and "film swapping". I think this is news to you? Edited by crawdad