Class A State Tournament

Vandychris

Collinwood has a good chance to beat Madison, possibly the best possible 1st rd matchup they could have received, but there is no way they beat JC. Summertown got the toughest possible road. Of the other 7 teams, the top 3 are without question (in no particular order) Clarkrange, Union City, and Jackson Co.It just so happens that they have no choice but to go through all 3 and I just don't see that happening. Nothing against Summertown and in fact I'll go ahead and say that if you switch them with any of those other 3, odds are they wouldn't take home the gold ball either. EXTREMELY difficult to beat those 3 teams in 3 straight days.

Strange things that no one predicts can happen in the Glass House over a span of 3 days in March! My bold prediction is this: out of JC, CRange & UC at least 1 will be upset in their 1st round game. Not real reason to think it just think it will happen in my gut.

Strange things that no one predicts can happen in the Glass House over a span of 3 days in March! My bold prediction is this: out of JC, CRange & UC at least 1 will be upset in their 1st round game. Not real reason to think it just think it will happen in my gut.

I don't know if it's reason to expect it to happen again or not,but one of the favorites usually goes out early to an underdog.

Hampton team has a lot of heart and is playing very well after loosing their #1 player due to knee injury. Very scrappy and will get in ur face. They start 1 senior and are loaded with juniors and sophomores. I hope everyone takes them lightly.... :mrgreen:

Sounds a lot like LA in the AA tourney team-wise. Minus the injury.

Chs29 gave a pretty good run down of our team Cloudland. We've got Rhodes at 6'1 and Wilson who is 5'11 at the posts. We don't necessarily live and die by the post. If you can't get the ball up the court through pressure then post play can't happen. Cloudland's guards all handle the ball really well and they defend well.

Jackson County is focused on HHS and that's it. If we are lucky enough to win this game we will worry about the next opponent when that happens. I believe the best opening game is Clarkrange vs Summertown. This should be a great game and I'm anxious to see it. Also looking forward to seeing UC this year. Hopefully some of us coacht guys can meet and talk some shop! Lol

Chs29 gave a pretty good run down of our team Cloudland. We've got Rhodes at 6'1 and Wilson who is 5'11 at the posts. We don't necessarily live and die by the post. If you can't get the ball up the court through pressure then post play can't happen. Cloudland's guards all handle the ball really well and they defend well.

Union City is the most physical team Cloudland will play this year. If you have touch foul referees Union City will be in trouble, if not Union City knows how to get rough. This is Union Ctys best chance at a win at Murfreesboro.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

UC is one of those blue collar type of teams that don't have a flashy Miss Basketball type of player but everyone on the teams knows their role and plays it well. They lost leading scorer Amber Fair before the season with a knee injury- they revamped and the team has bought in to the "defense first" mentality that the coaches have been preaching- They hold opponents to around 32 to 35 points per game. Have a couple of kids that can shoot the 3 and create a lot of space opportunities on offense for dribble drives to get to the rim. They have been battle tested and played up when they can- (defeated AA entry Westview twice) also lost to AAA Munford by two at a Thanksgiving classic. They've been there before, know what to expect and will be tough to play in an elimination game. Looking forward to watching the tourney.

UC is one of those blue collar type of teams that don't have a flashy Miss Basketball type of player but everyone on the teams knows their role and plays it well. They lost leading scorer Amber Fair before the season with a knee injury- they revamped and the team has bought in to the "defense first" mentality that the coaches have been preaching- They hold opponents to around 32 to 35 points per game. Have a couple of kids that can shoot the 3 and create a lot of space opportunities on offense for dribble drives to get to the rim. They have been battle tested and played up when they can- (defeated AA entry Westview twice) also lost to AAA Munford by two at a Thanksgiving classic. They've been there before, know what to expect and will be tough to play in an elimination game. Looking forward to watching the tourney.

Cloudland should not be affected by physical play. They've played alot of big schools as well and handle pressure really well. Our big girl has a sweet touch with the basketball.