South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

I don't know if any of you guys grew up playing Saturday and Sunday football on the Kell-lot in South Pittsburg, but that's what we had before little league took over. We played all day Saturday, and most of Sunday afternoon before having to go back to church. With nothing but single-wing and earholing having to be learned we didn't really need a little league. It's much different today. Tons of formations, plus skillet slingers won't let their little boys ride their bikes a few blocks to play unsupervised fuetball.

How's That? Mike...lol...We Could Have OP Be Phil.... And Ol' Roy Could Be A Shoe In For Sy...And Uh.....

We could start our own tv show! I don't like the name. You are just added to the SP cockiness!

I remember as a kid we played in 2 places. One was on Laurel where in the yard was an actual field goal and to this day I think it's still there. We also played on the mountain. Cowbone?

We could start our own tv show! I don't like the name. You are just added to the SP cockiness!

I remember as a kid we played in 2 places. One was on Laurel where in the yard was an actual field goal and to this day I think it's still there. We also played on the mountain. Cowbone?

There were several more places including Hemlock.

Well,I got up this morning hoping to have heard who our new coach would be.Since I didn't hear nothing I got so mad I slung my laptop off the Ohio River Bridge...that's where I'm posting this from...the banks of the Ohio River! When I realized my laptop had sensitive information on it,I jumped in after it! I spent the last 10 minutes swimming after my laptop but it sunk to the bottom.I'm standing here dripping wet in my Pirate Pajamas and nite cap trying to catch a ride back to my vehicle. I hope someone gives me a lift I'm having a hard time just walking...that River was cold!! I need to get home and get out of these wet pajamas and go to Best Buy..I need a new laptop! This is a bunch of mess! Hey Roy,I know a great place for that pegleg man to throw that powerp mans computer...the Ohio River!!

O COACH WHERE ART THOU??!!??

Dad burnit feller, Old Pirate says that's all these youngons knows. LOPAO.....jest testing here LOPOWOAO.......hum....figure that jest cause a tad of thought, yep recon so......

I recon I'm worn out too... Also recon ole D60 gots some age on him too, he probably had a RC and one of them big ole cookies from Uncle Tom's Store.....

LOPAO........................feller, ain't nobody irreplaceable! Coach Vic did a good job. The fueding program is..........bigger than the high school head coach. Fact is Don never wanted the little league program in SP and the Griders never participated in the little league. The founding fellers that initially started the little fellers deserve a huge thank you. Point here is the whole futeball program is largely responsible for the success of the high school program not just the head coach. Look at the other three major sports baseball and basketball. The baseball has been relatively successful with solid summer ball that goes way back to Sam Brooks and his Pony League players & league ball for the youth. The basketball is terrible and has no off season league that teaches the game. Youngons today ain't going to get out in the heat and play basketball at the courts like back-n-the day!

Ole pirate I didn't know how many folks knew that. You are right Don was very much opposed to the idea. Said kids would be burn out by the time they got to high school. My dad was one of the ones that helped to get the little league going.