South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Looking forward to the new season to see what a real defensive coach can do. The offense is pretty good already. We need D and Stone wasn't up to it. Period

Old Pirate you says the Pirates is good offensively? Obviously yous a real big time skillet head cause the Pirates ain't even practiced yet nor has the coach chose starters. OP agrees the D was not near as good as the last few years and was due to the loss of 3 starting defenders missing the majority of the season, few real studs, lack of experience & poor tackling. The Pirates were in position to make plays defensively so that indicates the coaches had them prepared. Edited by OLD PIRATE

That last paragraph says it all about ross' character. Play fundamentally sound and help the kids become good daddies............that's awesome!!

Bring that Youngon down to the Speedway so he can play for coach Rick and become a good daddy! Figure you would want that even if it means wearing a Pirate uniform!

Old Pirate you says the Pirates is good offensively? Obviously yous a real big time skillet head cause the Pirates ain't even practiced yet nor has the coach chose starters. OP agrees the D was not near as good as the last few years and was due to the loss of 3 starting defenders missing the majority of the season, few real studs, lack of experience & poor tackling. The Pirates were in position to make plays defensively so that indicates the coaches had them prepared.

I honestly think without Johnson we would have been mediocre at best. I believe Johnson was that good. I also believe some schools missed out on that young man.

If you find out let me know. I missed it.

PirateMike,I listened to the show on the internet: Coach Ross said he had heard some about the SP tradition..learned a whole lot more through the interviewing process.Said he was first and foremost a defensive minded coach..that's what he is most comfortable with..said he could see himself getting away from that some..as someone could learn his system to allow him to do so.On the offensive side of the ball he didn't say who would make the calls..he knows that Grider and his staff had run the spread and the wingT and were able to adapt according to personel...he likes the idea of getting athletes the ball in space but noted a power running game is also important.

When asked how he would handle the pressure of following such Legend coaches and he has big shoes to fill said,most folks will tell you not to try that but he felt like the Good Lord had led him there and that he was honored,grateful and thankful for this opportunity.

Went on to say he had met with the team that morning...has a lot of Orange and Black and Power P apparel to wear...

I lost the signal a couple times...after buffering they were talking about when he would be completely in place and he said early March...EARLY MARCH?!?! Did I hear this correctly Roy? Grider said a new coach would be in place by Feb!!

This thread didn't hardly ever go for 1 hour without a post. Now, the announcement has been made and no one is posting. What the heck is this garbage all about?

After Roy heard that Ross man say he wouldn't be in place till early March,Roy got a construction crew rounded up to build that Ross man a home....I heard they started running short on nails and Roy sent a couple guys up to Grider's place to pull some nails...

I heard that pegleg man was on his way to Georgia with a few guys and a couple big moving trucks....