9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Back to the topic of the region, this is my best assumption from what I've heard:

Beech - Hurd, nuff said

MJ - They will reload

Wilson Central - probably the most talent coming back, can they turn the corner this year or do they stay the same

Station Camp - If they ever put it together could be tough to stop, could move to the top or stay the same.

Hendersonville - They have a strong Junior class, and a really strong Sophomore class but does it translate to the field this year, could be up or down based on how quick the young talent gels

Portland - Improving each year. Aric is a underrated coach. They could also surprise and be a top 3 team in the region

Gallatin - sorry GWAVE, they are a couple years out from being back. I know they have upcoming freshman group that is going to be tough to beat, they may have to pull some of those studs up this year.

Lebanon - Who knows, do they get the kids in the Halls to play?????

Ok, I will bite. Aric is an underrated coach? I had to chuckle a little at this one. Better than what they had, no doubt, but underrated???

Just my opinion, but Portland's best coach and staff after Perry are now coaching at Mt. Juliet and one is at Beech.They were let go by the now "former" principal.I believe their current positions speaks for the types of coaches and men they are.Portland has struggled ever since.

We've played MJ's best for years...(uFCa) always gets the cream from MJ.

Oh, and don't forget we were the ones who broke Roger Perry's winning streak at Portland.

Like i said, just holla, when ya'll ready.

Slim; FCA has some very good players from MJ; but not the best; and only a couple of them. You cant compare TC beating Portland to end Coach Perry's streak anywhere near the same as beating a 6A school like MJ.

Slim; FCA has some very good players from MJ; but not the best;

C'mon Slim everyone knows the ONLY difference in MJ kids and FC kids are all those rings the kids from FC own & the big time college offers. Kisler, I'd beg to differ when you say the MJ kids at FC aren't the best. One of those little jr's to be at FC already has one SEC offer, interest from multiple others in the SEC, as well as offers from Navy & Duke. How many of those you call "MJ's best" have similar offers?

C'mon Slim everyone knows the ONLY difference in MJ kids and FC kids are all those rings the kids from FC own & the big time college offers. Kisler, I'd beg to differ when you say the MJ kids at FC aren't the best. One of those little jr's to be at FC already has one SEC offer, interest from multiple others in the SEC, as well as offers from Navy & Duke. How many of those you call "MJ's best" have similar offers?

FCS may have a few of the "better talented athletes" from the different cities in Wilson County. They don't have as many of them as Mt. Juliet does. That depth issue would be obvious if FCS were to play MJ.

FCS may have a few of the "better talented athletes" from the different cities in Wilson County. They don't have as many of them as Mt. Juliet does. That depth issue would be obvious if FCS were to play MJ.

No doubt depth would be a huge issue if the 2 played just as it should be when TC squares off with GALLATIN. I'm one that believes TC can & will give the green wave all they want this yr and TC will win in 2014. But for Kisler to say MJ's best athletes aren't at FC would be a stretch. In 2012 FC had Kyle Wood, Brennan Swindoll, Tanner Martin, Stefan Remus, & Drew Hutchison all starters from MJ. By the way another MJ great athlete who chose to take his talents elsewhere was DCA'S Colin Johnston. In 2013 FCS Mr football finalist tanner Martin was a MJ boy. Wilson Co's top rated 2014 recruit will be AJ Long from FC ( committed to Syracuse) he lives in MJ. By the way the another 1A athlete Ty Jobe at Watertown may be 2nd highest ranked recruit in the county. the 2015 best in county will be FC's Andrew Wood ( from Mt Juliet). 2016 best in county will be Gabe Angel from WC. That's the facts Kisler. Edited by Volzchamps

No doubt depth would be a huge issue if the 2 played just as it should be when TC squares off with GALLATIN. But for Kisler to say MJ's best athletes aren't at FC would be a stretch. Wilson Co's top rated 2014 recruit will be AJ Long from FC ( committed to Syracuse), Ty Jobe at Watertown may be 2nd. the 2015 best in county will be FC's Andrew Wood ( from Mt Juliet). 2016 best in county will be Gabe Angel from WC. That's the facts on the next 3 yrs.

Volz, AJ transferred from PA; so its not like he is from MJ. I don't know Ty Jobe; and yes; Woody may be the best O lineman in the county; no doubt he is the biggest. The next 3 years have not been played out. Lets see what happens. What athletes at FC were better than McCathern , Hopkins, Graham, Carr, Bellhu that played for MJ last year? I am not saying FC does not have good athletes; I am saying that they do not have all of the best athletes.

I'm not saying MJ doesn't have good athletes. They do! But not necessarily "the best" which you stated earlier. To gauge best I guess you'd have to go by recruit rankings, post season awards, or GOLD rings. Either way FC student athletes performance the past few yrs speaks for itself. If you wanna look ahead see my projections and read what the recruiters say. They're obviously unbiased and neither of us are.

I'm not saying MJ doesn't have good athletes. They do! But not necessarily "the best" which you stated earlier. To gauge best I guess you'd have to go by recruit rankings, post season awards, or GOLD rings. Either way FC student athletes performance the past few yrs speaks for itself. If you wanna look ahead see my projections and read what the recruiters say. They're obviously unbiased and neither of us are.

ha you are right... good thing we are not biased. If you want to base athleticism on scholarships andpost season awards but you cant count GOLD rings; because 2A ball is not the same as 6A ball. If you are comparing all of the above; you have proved what I am saying. MJ had many more players get scholarships than FC. MJ had more all state players than FC; and there is a BIG difference in playing 2A then playing 6A ball. How many of FC's players would have started at MJ last year? There are many that played at MJ that would have started at FC last year.