South Pitt vs. Fayetteville (Moore man against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

Fayetteville Tigers
City- Fayetteville
County- Lincoln
Enrollment- 262
Last Season’s Record- NA
District-9-A
Head Coach- Alvin Palmer
Offense-Multiple/Spread
Defense-Multiple
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense-11/11
Last Playoff Appearance-never qualified
Key Returnees-Ryan Yates (WR/DB, Sr.),
Trevonte Emmons (QB/DB, Sr.), Darren Patterson (WR/DB, Sr.), Gus Palacio (RB/LB, Sr.), Alex Palacio (OL/DL, Sr.),
Michael Hardin (WR/DB/TE/DB, Sr.),
Isaiah Thompson (LB/K, Sr.), Andrew Lawson (OL/DE, Sr.), Brandon Tunstill (OL-DL, Sr.), Kendrell Hall (WR/DB, Jr.),
Tra Emmons (RB/DB, Jr.), Cooper Shelton (RB/LB/K/P, Jr.), Dorian Thompson (RB/WR/LB, Jr.), John Strong (RB/DL, Jr.), Matt Taylor (OL/DE, Jr.), Donovan Potts (OL/LB, Jr.), Jacob Pigg (QB/WR/DB, Soph.), Cole Roland (OL/DL, Soph.), Adrian Stanescu (OL/DL, Soph.), Colton Dotson (WR/DE, Soph.)
Key Losses-None

SP plays the weakest team left in the playoffs.  However, the fact that Fayetteville got this far says something.  There's no doubt that SP lost focus against Moore due to the refs picking on them, but that's no excuse.  A team that brings home the gold ball needs to be able to stay focused no matter what the refs are doing.  In a way SP did regroup and pull together for a 4th quarter scoring drive, so give them credit for that.  I hope that serves as momentum going into this Friday's game.

South Pittsburg should mercy rule Fayetteville. They are that much better if they play to their full potential. They cannot play like they did against Hixson or last Friday and expect to win big. You are the number 1 team in the state. Play like it! If things don't go your way, overcome it and don't make senseless penalties. Everyone has to step up. Especially the wr's. Everyone come out and support these guys in their last home game at Beene Stadium! If Sp stops #32 I think it is their rb they will be fine. Kid is a good athlete for them. Qb likes to drop back and throw it up. In the game against Gordonsville their should have been several interceptions and I think any Gordonsville fan would tell you that as well.

Edited by powerp

Where you at Varo? You hiding in Park City?

I know you know we got a game thread going here!

It's what you were wanting wasn't it?

Roy started this website so you could get on here and talk about your team!

We know you won last Friday in Cookeville, but that was Monterey, not the Championship!

Where you at Varo?

Come on in here and get you some!

At least get in here and say Go Tigers or something!!

:popcorneater:

@ the Fayetteville folks:  How did this new school come about?  It was somewhat surprising given Lincoln County High being there and having a storied program. 

I answered my own question to some degree.  It seems Lincoln County High was formed in 1979 by the consolidation of Blanch, Boonshill, Fayetteville Central, and Flintville High Schools.  I guess this is a move to deconsolidate to some degree. i don't know how many of those had football teams. 

I answered my own question to some degree.  It seems Lincoln County High was formed in 1979 by the consolidation of Blanch, Boonshill, Fayetteville Central, and Flintville High Schools.  I guess this is a move to deconsolidate to some degree. i don't know how many of those had football teams. 

Lincoln County High is now 5a....they were 6a...Maryville owns 6a and every A for that matter.

Fayetteville's enrollment keeps Lincoln County out of 6a

Fayetteville's continued success will make things interesting in Lincoln County

Fayetteville could grow to the largest 1a school in the state

It'll be interesting next few years to see which school in Lincoln wins the talent battle

Edited by Southtowner

South Pittsburg should mercy rule Fayetteville. They are that much better if they play to their full potential. They cannot play like they did against Hixson or last Friday and expect to win big. You are the number 1 team in the state. Play like it! If things don't go your way, overcome it and don't make senseless penalties. Everyone has to step up. Especially the wr's. Everyone come out and support these guys in their last home game at Beene Stadium! If Sp stops #32 I think it is their rb they will be fine. Kid is a good athlete for them. Qb likes to drop back and throw it up. In the game against Gordonsville their should have been several interceptions and I think any Gordonsville fan would tell you that as well.

Didn't mean to quote the whole post. Yes. Gordonsville dropped what should have been four interceptions.

The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Fayetteville made fewer mistakes.

Edited by rkw38

South Pitt is the 6th winningest football Team in Tn regardless of classification!!! http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm

Actually that needs to be updated. I think those are the stats that I sent him before last season started. He was in the process of updating the site though so he probably hasn't had the time to change it.

Hey guys, been a little busy , have I missed anything? Fayetteville record is a little deceiving. They played Moore on a wet field and have gotten a lot better since. If we don't come to play. We will be done this week. They have athletes all over the field, they are healthy and at full strength. Believe me when I say they can fly.if they get loose they gone and it could be a long night.

Edited by pegleg