HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Congrats to Maryville's lineman, Dylan Jackson and back, Shawn Prevo for their nominations of Mr. Football. They are very deserving and Prevo would have been a worthy winner any of the last 4 years. 

Thainks TRT.....Butt eye cain tell ewe'uns thait Dylan and Shawn and tha rest ov us ere lotts moore conserned abowt Saturdee nite..... :popcorneater:

Last Friday night the turf monster reached up a few times and grabbed a couple kids.  On Saturday the guys will once again be playing on an artificial surface.  However, you're looking at rain all day Friday and likely on Saturday as well.  How do you guys think this affects the two teams? 

Traditionally people argue that it is harder to throw the ball in the rain.  Does that hurt Maryville's chances? 

I have seen it said that rain makes the turf stickier, does that help the Commandos' run game?

What are some thoughts on how the weather might change things this weekend?

If I'm Coach Hat, I'm praying that it's 33 degrees with a 20 degree windchill. Rain and snow mix coming down hard.. The messier the better for the commandos. Make it a smash mouth affair, because that may neutralize some of Maryville's firepower and wouldn't really do anything to Hville's run game.

The commandos may need some Devine intervention here.

Edited by insanlylargebarge

Last Friday night the turf monster reached up a few times and grabbed a couple kids. On Saturday the guys will once again be playing on an artificial surface. However, you're looking at rain all day Friday and likely on Saturday as well. How do you guys think this affects the two teams?

Traditionally people argue that it is harder to throw the ball in the rain. Does that hurt Maryville's chances?

I have seen it said that rain makes the turf stickier, does that help the Commandos' run game?

What are some thoughts on how the weather might change things this weekend?

Broken into 2 ways;

If just raining , field slick advantage Qb and WR , they know where to break to and where ball is going

If rain and very windy advantage Defense -

Your right if I'm HHS I'm wanting very cold with winds 15-25 mph

This will help them come with 13 Pts of winning

If I'm Coach Hat, I'm praying that it's 33 degrees with a 20 degree windchill. Rain and snow mix coming down hard.. The messier the better for the commandos. Make it a smash mouth affair, because that may neutralize some of Maryville's firepower and wouldn't really do anything to Hville's run game.

The commandos may need some Devine intervention here.

Recent points in playoffs when Maryville played in the cold or rain.  Hung 49 on Mo East. 42 on Bradley Central. Hung 56 on Sevier County. Lots of passing yards. Balanced attack. Weather made no difference at all.

So tell me a little bit more about the Commandos schematically.

I know they run the wing-T.  Are they a multiple formation/run 5 plays bunch, or are they going to run a lot of different plays from base formations?  Will they break it and go shotgun and spread the field?  What's ballpark run/pass ratio as it sounds like they are very run oriented.  Is the infamous main back the FB or is he the HB/WB?

What do they run defensively?  They going to bring the pressure or try to win with the up front guys?

Special teams - anything special to watch there?  Good kicker?  Return game?  Average?

Enlighten me, I know very little.

Edited by Solomon