HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Maryville = 235-16 with 15 trips to the state championship game in the last 17 high school football seasons

10 State Championships

4 State Runner-Up

1 State Semifinals

1 State Quarterfinals

In all likelihood you'll change the numbers to 236 wins and 11 state championships after this weekend.

Is there another program in the nation that has owned an entire state like this during the same time span?

There are definitely programs that have dominated for very long time frames.  One in California won well over 100 games in a row during the 1990s.

Anyway, one thing I find amusing is that during the 2000s when Maryville started to dominate 4A a ton of people on here complained and said that we should step up to 5A and play real competition.  Well in 2009 we moved from 4A to 6A and since then we have made the title game every year and we continue to be a dominant team.  Now the negative talk about Maryville is geared towards the fact that we don't play teams from out of state.  I guess people will never be happy until we're playing in the NFL.  :D  

There are definitely programs that have dominated for very long time frames.  One in California won well over 100 games in a row during the 1990s.

Anyway, one thing I find amusing is that during the 2000s when Maryville started to dominate 4A a ton of people on here complained and said that we should step up to 5A and play real competition.  Well in 2009 we moved from 4A to 6A and since then we have made the title game every year and we continue to be a dominant team.  Now the negative talk about Maryville is geared towards the fact that we don't play teams from out of state.  I guess people will never be happy until we're playing in the NFL.  :D  

And don't forget, the Rebels finally got a win in the IFL against Fulton! 

http://blountpressrow.com/2013/11/maryville-vs-fulton/

I noticed the same thing; if we did go out of State and win more than we lose, I guess we should go out of the country? Seems we are always "hiding" somewhere huh? You're right, pretty amusing. 

Edited by mhs

And don't forget, the Rebels finally got a win in the IFL against Fulton! 

http://blountpressrow.com/2013/11/maryville-vs-fulton/

I was told again today just how bad Fulton would beat Maryville , I said do you not think Maryville is quiet a bit better than Catholic ?? He said what has that got to do with Maryville ... I said you do know that Catholic played Fulton down to the wire the other night don't you ..... He said " Aw no way !! " They Played the other night ? I just Laughed and walked off .... I heard Later that Mark Packer was wanting to hire him as a Football Analyst for his show ..... Ok I admit it , I made up that last part ... Packer would probably think my friend was over Qualified !!  :mrgreen:

Well, 7AAA is the SEC of TN high school football. What about you all? Maybe they are the SEC East & 9AAA is the SEC West? Over here in Blount County we're just going to keep plugging along in a lesser class of teams

Nobody has even come close to saying that. Do not start a bunch of smart comments because of others. Everybody over here is realistic. 9-AAA is a tough district bottom line, not the best not the worst.
  • Upvote 1

9AAA is a very good district. They are easily one of the top districts in the state. A lot of good teams that are very competitive. Season didn't go any where as expected with many key injuries to several teams.

Hendersonville is very good and fundamentally sound. Very rarely will they beat themselves. They have a lot of heart, talent and chemistry as well as a very good coach and staff.

Good luck Commandos !

About what I expected from Gallatin. A little better than expected come playoff time.

I was told again today just how bad Fulton would beat Maryville , I said do you not think Maryville is quiet a bit better than Catholic ?? He said what has that got to do with Maryville ... I said you do know that Catholic played Fulton down to the wire the other night don't you ..... He said " Aw no way !! " They Played the other night ? I just Laughed and walked off .... I heard Later that Mark Packer was wanting to hire him as a Football Analyst for his show ..... Ok I admit it , I made up that last part ... Packer would probably think my friend was over Qualified !! :mrgreen:

Dont feel bad, AC scrimmaged Fulton and the score ended up being like 7-4 TD's and everyte I tell people that if AC an Fulton were to play I think Fulton would probably win by a few scores but I think AC would score on them and make it interesting and I dont think it would be a blowout they all act like I am sniffing glue an just talking smack, then Catholic almost beats them and we scored 60 on Catholic, people just want to put them on a pedestal for some reason, dont get me wrong, they are good, but I still think Maryville is better

Maryville is the best team in the state. They play a tough schedule. Their district isn't the toughest, but they supplement with a tough non district schedule.

That said, footballs tend to take strange bounces and that's why they play the game. You don't have to be the best team in the state to win a title, just better than your given opponent, five weeks on the night you play them.

This was the reason TiVo was invented!!

I can't go to a movie when someone spoils it and tells me how it ended and I can't stand watching a ballgame that some bigmouth on radio has went and ruined for me telling me everything about it. No mater how much you try to escape trying to find out the score of that game someone figures a way to tell you.

This topic needs some purple!! So here goes, my championship game prediction. I 1st thought I would be for the all stars but nope Im just too bitter. I would love to see them get their tails whipped by 1 point and who better to do it than some commandos. That has to be the best mascot I have ever heard of. How is it going to happen, 1st turnovers Commandos must be plus 6 in the turnover stat, 2nd run the ball and get the rebs out of cover 2 where they are so comfy (2a throw it when they adjust), 3 score more than they do (the hard part haha). Just for good measure hope for refs that hate the allstars for whatever reason. A few good calls could be all hendersonville needs just ask white haven hahahaha!

Good luck to both teams they have earned it for sure.

AllStars 27 Commandos 28

GoCommandos!!!!! :popcorneater: 

• Upvote 1