What do Y'all think the top 10 6A teams will be in 2014?

BigDave1967

Maryville's upcoming Sophomore class is loaded! Nicholas Quigg at QB, Evan Porter and Jordan Irving at RB, Matt Young and TD Blackman on D, Cole Burchfield on the line, etc. 4 of those players were hurt 3/4 of the year, and they will be healthy. Maryville looks unstoppable in the next 3 or 4 years. And the QB situation, we've seen time and time again where the QB position was a huge question like it is now, but GQ always gets the absolute best out of the players. Just take John Garrett and Nick Meyers for instance. Nobody knew who they were before the season, and they both lead their teams to sate title appearances. Maryville's lookin' good.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville's upcoming Sophomore class is loaded! Nicholas Quigg at QB, Evan Porter and Jordan Irving at RB, Matt Young and TD Blackman on D, Cole Burchfield on the line, etc. 4 of those players were hurt 3/4 of the year, and they will be healthy. Maryville looks unstoppable in the next 3 or 4 years. And the QB situation, we've seen time and time again where the QB position was a huge question like it is now, but GQ always gets the absolute best out of the players. Just take John Garrett and Nick Meyers for instance. Nobody knew who they were before the season, and they both lead their teams to sate title appearances. Maryville's lookin' good.

If you're in that Freshman class MurVulDrummer you're lucky , because You're right , one of the most talented classes I've ever seen coming up , and I agree with you about the QB's ... after Patton , we went Oh no , after Nick , Oh no , now after John it's oh no again . I expect someone to step up just like these guys did but we can't take it for granted . John Garrett , to me was the biggest surprise of all . I'm not sure if he may not of been the most Complete QB of all 3 of them ... and yes I know Patton beat the Gators in the Swamp and our Vols here at Neyland , I'm talking about always making the Right reads and always being in control , and being Clutch . Just think of how tough he is too , not very big at all , took a bunch of hits all year and always popped right up .  I don't know maybe I've overdosed on the Red Kool Aid just a little bit !! lol  :mrgreen:  If John was a little bigger I think he'd have recruiters all over him . 

Maryville's going to miss one of the best offensive lineman they have had in years in Drew Curtis.  No bad snaps, hard nosed, no BS, get the job done type of leader.  I know the coaches at Maryville are going to miss him. 

Yes I agree , It's easy to see the QB & RB's value to a team , but some of these Linemen always get overlooked in how much effort they put into a Football team succeeding . Drew Curtis has been a Great Maryville Rebel and I hope he has Success in whatever he does , hopefully he'll be able to keep playing Football somewhere next year !

If you're in that Freshman class MurVulDrummer you're lucky , because You're right , one of the most talented classes I've ever seen coming up , and I agree with you about the QB's ... after Patton , we went Oh no , after Nick , Oh no , now after John it's oh no again . I expect someone to step up just like these guys did but we can't take it for granted . John Garrett , to me was the biggest surprise of all . I'm not sure if he may not of been the most Complete QB of all 3 of them ... and yes I know Patton beat the Gators in the Swamp and our Vols here at Neyland , I'm talking about always making the Right reads and always being in control , and being Clutch . Just think of how tough he is too , not very big at all , took a bunch of hits all year and always popped right up .  I don't know maybe I've overdosed on the Red Kool Aid just a little bit !! lol  :mrgreen:  If John was a little bigger I think he'd have recruiters all over him . 

Yeah I'm in that freshman class, and those guys work harder than anybody I've ever seen. They're talented and more importantly, dedicated. The only thing that worries me about 2014 is that if we make it to state, we'll be on the visitor side. Every time we've been over there, we've lost. White Station 2009, Whitehaven 2012, and Ensworth 2013. Call me superstitious, but I'm just stating the facts :) Go Rebels!!!

Whether or not you want to believe it, Hendersonville is still a great football team, and they are returning a lot of players next year. Which will also include undefeated freshman & JV teams. I'm not an H-ville fan, but they will still be a top 10 team next year

Thats great, but their coach better go learn a new offense, because what they ran last night won't get it done.

Yeah I'm in that freshman class, and those guys work harder than anybody I've ever seen. They're talented and more importantly, dedicated. The only thing that worries me about 2014 is that if we make it to state, we'll be on the visitor side. Every time we've been over there, we've lost. White Station 2009, Whitehaven 2012, and Ensworth 2013. Call me superstitious, but I'm just stating the facts :) Go Rebels!!!

I've also heard how it's Taboo to Have your Sign Rip apart before the team runs through it ... it happened twice in the last few games and we won both times . lol , I love those " It's only weird if it doesn't work " Football Commercials !! lol  :mrgreen:

Maryville graduates 3 starters on defense, all DB's and the front 7 are all back. Offensively I counted 5 graduating from the starters last night, QB, one RB, one WR, and 2 O-lineman. (correct me if I missed anyone. They also have a boat load of talent coming up the next 3 years.

Plus the starting Freshman DE who got hurt should be back.