private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

Supposedly he had offers from all the other privates in Nashville, but his mom chose to pay $15K for CPA because of the Christian education.   Plus the fact that he's living with a minister and his family, so he's getting double the Christian thing....also, since a minister's involved, it's got to be ok, right?

Has to be or the TSSAA would be looking into it. LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Has to be or the TSSAA would be looking into it. LOL

Let to think about this. I can pay $15000 for a non-scholarship private school or I can go for free to another school and receive the same Christian education. What a joke. Truth be know someone other than a family member is paying the tuition.

All I want to know how does a 8th grade kid from vegas end up in Nashville, TN at CPA. Sound like some recruiting going on.

Let to think about this. I can pay $15000 for a non-scholarship private school or I can go for free to another school and receive the same Christian education. What a joke. Truth be know someone other than a family member is paying the tuition.

All I want to know how does a 8th grade kid from vegas end up in Nashville, TN at CPA. Sound like some recruiting going on.

How would one of the top 8th grade players in the country end up at any Tennessee school?  We are now a mobile society in the USA and people move all the time and for various reasons.  The day's of a kid being born at the local hospital and attending school with the same group of friends in the same town have been over for most families for a long time.   Example:  K. McKenzie that just committed to the Vols for football, he went his 9th & 10th grade in one state, moved to California and attended the 11th grade at DeLaSalle and now attends the local public school and is eligible to play sports.  Reports are that he transferred so that he could graduate at Christmas and enroll at UT early.  DeLaSalle like many academic prep schools will not allow students to graduate early so the family made the decision to transfer. 

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

Exactly.  Of course someone is paying tuition.  Probably the same family that takes Coach M on vacation.  There are charities set up to cover up that sort of thing.  Money goes directly to the parents, through a non-profit, and there isn't any sort of trail that the TSSAA can follow.

Maddux isn't interested in building a CPA team. He's interested in building a nationally ranked basketball team.  It's ridiculous how CPA not only allows it, they promote it. 

His method of recruiting is pretty obvious.  AAU middle school standouts/ranked players, that have offers by other privates for a full ride--- Lindsey, Bonds, Blackwell, Fitzgerald (he left already), Campbell--who am I missing?

Edited by rulefollower

Ok Lets take South Pittsburg because its a school close to the 400. They have 429 students with 137 competing in some sort of sport for a 32%, while at Boyd who competes at the same level we have 270 students with 78 competeing in some sort of sports for a 29%. At South Pitt they have 91 of their 137 students playing sports play more than one sport for a 66% while at Boyd we have 61 of the 78 students who play sports palying more than one sport for a 78%. Like I said time and time again with you, the facts get in the way of what is the norm across the state, it might just be at your little home:}

SP has ~ 235 students.  They aren't even one of the larger 1a schools. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't look like there will be any split this time around. We are really blessed to have these smat people look out for us dumb public schools.We know not what we ask for. They should bless the big schools and put the Ensworth,s back with those guys, Why treat the big schools so unfairly.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't look like there will be any split this time around. We are really blessed to have these smat people look out for us dumb public schools.We know not what we ask for. They should bless the big schools and put the Ensworth,s back with those guys, Why treat the big schools so unfairly.

Don't just place Ensworth back with the large schools, place all D2 schools back into D1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nothingelsematters

It's a travesty.  Privates should not play anywhere but AAA or D2.

Could T$$AA move sooner on public/private split if private schools win 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A this year. Could this happen? I mean privates winning and the T$$AA changing their mind because of the heat Alcoa, and Fulton put on them after they get beat by Catholic. They seem to be the biggest private problem right now. I think that realistically you have to look at the chance of the privates either winning or playing for the title in the four lower classes  with Catholic leading the way, and CPA, Nashville Christian, ND, Grace, CAK, Jackson Christian, and all of the other privates ranked in the top ten in their classifications competing in the playoffs.

Guest nothingelsematters

Could T$$AA move sooner on public/private split if private schools win 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A this year. Could this happen? I mean privates winning and the T$$AA changing their mind because of the heat Alcoa, and Fulton put on them after they get beat by Catholic. They seem to be the biggest private problem right now. I think that realistically you have to look at the chance of the privates either winning or playing for the title in the four lower classes  with Catholic leading the way, and CPA, Nashville Christian, ND, Grace, CAK, Jackson Christian, and all of the other privates ranked in the top ten in their classifications competing in the playoffs.

I meant to say Trinity Christian not Jackson Christian. Trinity is in Jackson. I should add MTCS.

That is the scam the TSSAA is perpetuating on the lower classifications. They are keeping the powerhouse big schools like Maryville, DB, the Murfreesboro and Memphis big hitters happy by keeping the BIG PRIVATES like Ensworth, BGA and McCallie separate. If the big schools had to play them too......there would be a change but the whole Plan 32 is just another way to placate the large publics.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Something I rarely hear (if ever) is homeschoolers. Tim Tebow and some other college and NFL players were homeschooled. I think Florida is smart in allowing homeshoolers to play sports in their local public school district, after all, the taxes paid by the teaching-parents help pay for public schools. Lots of untapped potential stars in homeschools. BTW, I have four kids, and thanks to life's ebb & flow all of them experienced all systems, they were homeschooled, went to privates, and publics. Plus, not just homeschooling but I was also a f.t. teacher at privates (gr.7-12), AND the principal at two privates, plus a sub teacher for publics. All this was in 4 diff. states. So yeah, I have a little exposure to this public-private issue. But homeschoolers (which are growing big time) should be allowed to play sports for publics imho. Just a thought. And yes, split publics & privates, then perhaps have the respective winners from same-sized schools play each other in a public vs private bowl game. Or do an all-star game with players from each, pri. vs pub game. But split, allow homeschoolers on publics, and have bowl/ grand champ games of some sort. My input anyways. The End.