UC vs JC

MrAnonymous

Congrats to Union City on finally bringing home the Gold and carrying the banner for our district and region.Thought the tech was going to hurt Union City.Union City announcers were very gracious about coe saying she was making some shots from 25 to 27 feet.Said the rest of the team didnt look like they could shoot.Raven Fair only had 2 points but by putting her on Coe the second half and the job she did must have been outstanding..Congrats to Jackson Co also.They sure liked to have pulled it off again with basically a one woman show today by Coe.Also congrats to Coe for being named Miss Basketball again.Well deserved,.Also to Amber Fair for being named the MVP of the tournament and to 4 of the UC girls being named to the all tournament team.

Bad technical on UC. 28-24 Jackson County after 4 Coe free throws.

technical changed the game as the refs did start to call some ticky tack fouls on JC as they had been calling on UC the whole game...Great defense by UC in the 2nd half..& they just kept pounding the boards...Jackie Hudson played a whale of a game!!

Edited by Switchhitter

what an ugly game! if uc presses the whole game it's not even close. great job of coaching on jc part first half and uc coach the second half. coe is great but unfortunately they have no one else. phillips is a hustler. uc can't shoot a lick from the outside. congrats to uc.

Sorry, but I didn't see great coaching at all. UC should've known going in that Coe was enough of a threat that she warranted at least a box and one (everyone else in Tn. did), and that pressure defense is what got you here. Brown didn't have to adjust anything in the first half, UC did nothing but exactly what JC needed them to do. In the second half JC's role players were off (understatement),and Fair was in Coe's pocket but Brown didn't post her up or double screen enough to even force Fair to switch off. One simple adjustment that should have been the gameplan to start with from UC, and nothing exceptional from Brown to counter allowed the best team to win. Congratulations to both, and especially to Coe...she should be exceptional even in the SEC at the next level...best I've saw in a long time.

It's ALWAYS great to be a Union City Tornado.  How many schools in ANY classification can have two different main team state champions ?  Union City !!   Class  A Football Champs and now Girls Basketball state champs. For  some of you folks who we sometimes see your teams in girls basketball state and substate games...do you have football teams o boys basketball teams?  If so...must not be much.  Talking about Clarkrange, Jackson County, Meigs Co.  just to name a few.  Never here of such only in girls basketball.  Just a question ?

Edited by ucdiditagain

It's ALWAYS great to be a Union City Tornado.  How many schools in ANY classification can have two different main team state champions ?  Union City !!   Class  A Football Champs and now Girls Basketball state champs. For  some of you folks who we sometimes see your teams in girls basketball state and substate games...do you have football teams o boys basketball teams?  If so...must not be much.  Talking about Clarkrange, Jackson County, Meigs Co.  just to name a few.  Never here of such only in girls basketball.  Just a question ?

Clarkrange boys were in the state tournament last year and sub-state this year, and Jackson County was in the state tournament a few years ago as well by upsetting CSAS in the sub-state...  As far as football goes Clarkrange doesn't have a football team, and Jackson County has been decent at football the last few years but the area is dominated by Gordonsville, Trousdale County, and which ever private school decides to play in the region...

Edited by swanson71