Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

If they put Fayetteville in a district/region with Copper Basin, that will be a record distance for a district game.  Copper Basin is about 99 miles from South Pittsburg which is roughly half way to Fayetteville.  They left Sale Creek out and moved Whitwell back down to 1a.  Someone needs to sign up for shock treatments.

Edited by rlh

If they put Fayetteville in a district/region with Copper Basin, that will be a record distance for a district game. Copper Basin is about 99 miles from South Pittsburg which is roughly half way to Fayetteville. They left Sale Creek out and moved Whitwell back down to 1a. Someone needs to sign up for shock treatments.

That region would be rediculous as far as travel goes.

So which of you 2A schools want to jump to the private school division if Alcoa comes calling? :popcorneater:

PS: I still think there will be a split and I still can't wait.

I believe that is one of the incentives of the new proposal. All of the 2A private schools will almost be forced to leave and join Division II.

Edited by orangecrush

So which of you 2A schools want to jump to the private school division if Alcoa comes calling? :popcorneater:

PS: I still think there will be a split and I still can't wait.

I believe that is one of the incentives of the new proposal. All of the 2A private schools will almost be forced to leave and join Division II.

So we gain Alcoa but we also lose Trousdale. Pick your poison. You have to beat the best either way. Only concern I would have in West Tn is Milan moving down. While they have been a little down the past two years they are traditionally a football powerhouse. I'm surprised they would move to 2A. Remember, there are only TWO privates in 2A West Tn and we aren't crying. No doubt Alcoa would probably add to their gold ball collection but that's life! I was more concerned when Mitchell moved to 1A in basketball and my concerns proved true. No 1A school challenged them except for Goodpasture and maybe Union City. 1A state championship will go through Mitchell for the near future as will 2A football will go through Alcoa if a change is made.

So we gain Alcoa but we also lose Trousdale. Pick your poison. You have to beat the best either way. Only concern I would have in West Tn is Milan moving down. While they have been a little down the past two years they are traditionally a football powerhouse. I'm surprised they would move to 2A. Remember, there are only TWO privates in 2A West Tn and we aren't crying. No doubt Alcoa would probably add to their gold ball collection but that's life! I was more concerned when Mitchell moved to 1A in basketball and my concerns proved true. No 1A school challenged them except for Goodpasture and maybe Union City. 1A state championship will go through Mitchell for the near future as will 2A football will go through Alcoa if a change is made.

Milan has not been down the last two years. Last year yes. The year before we were in the state title game. We will be fine though. Talent is definitely coming up the pipeline.

The system we have in place now is perfectly fine. Going back to a system where the top 4 from each district/region make the playoffs will water down the playoffs with some inferior teams from weak regions making the playoffs while some strong teams from larger regions will not make the playoffs.  Every game a team plays should count towards making the playoffs.  Not just winning certain games.

The system we have in place now is perfectly fine. Going back to a system where the top 4 from each district/region make the playoffs will water down the playoffs with some inferior teams from weak regions making the playoffs while some strong teams from larger regions will not make the playoffs.  Every game a team plays should count towards making the playoffs.  Not just winning certain games.

confucius say...the current system sukks and has made it difficult for good teams to get games without traveling to other states... because sorry teams look for cupcakes to play so they can make the playoffs...top 4 in each region is how it should be!!!!!....just like NFL and College...you win your division and you are in....the reason for top 4 is taken is for more playoff games for T$$AA to make more money.

Edited by confuciuschang

Four classes. 1A would go to about 480, 2A to about 800. It would require an extra week of playoffs but zero week could be eliminated with easier non region scheduling.

If this is the proposal, I do not understand how Hampton would be in 2A considering we only have around 420 students.