South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

I am running for Mayor of Jasper. I would appreciate your vote. I'm a pirate fan, but Marion wins this one by 21+

All Coach Moore should have to do to get his team fired up and ready to hit somebody is walk into the team room tomorrow with a can of Krylon and inform them that Jasper fans are counting on a Mercy Ruling. 

The Real Truth Prevails is this, The young men in the trenches feuding are the ones that need the Jasper fans phrase. Question..., what is surprising about this Warrior team? NUT..THING.......some of you Jasper kinfolkes are jest like some SP fans that boast about greatness long before anything has been proved, you get on here and post all this SOS mess, his record is 8 wins, 1 loss, the players record is a HEEP better. OP says the D is better, O is worse partially because of the loss of Walters. Facts are Mac would have surely not been shut out, Pruit would be undefeated! OP don't have any problem acknowledging good or greatness when it has been earned. Thus far, he has not done anything special, he inherited a great group of players, played weak schedule, that includes SP as well. Truth you & some other posters remind OP of a feller in Prision Break, some may remember the one that held on to one of the jailhouse bullies trouser pocket that was turn inside out and followed the bully around. Go find a good salesman of any kind and they all have 1 distinctive quality, they all talk fast.......if you are in the know as much as you talk like on here, surely you have noticed the similarities. A few points OP would like to make here is give the Jasper kids the credit for being special. KC was God while at Jasper and some probably still feel the same way today. KC had talent galore while at Jasper, same coach has not repeated nothing near that, why, the kids.......the talent has not been there. OP says you and several others get on every thread and talk about "The Next Coming of KC" BTW, did you Tennessee fans tune to see LK walk the side lines in K town last night, OP would bet the house most did. LOPAO......

So here is what you are saying. Coaching doesn't matter. So you are saying that Vic wasn't a good coach, is that right?? Works both ways. Let me ask you a question, how many titles did ole Victor win when he wasn't heavily favoured? Sp has had a great list of athletes over the past 14 years almost year in and year out. The last few times to cookeville all I heard was whoever wins the east will win the gold ball, mercy rule mercy rule mercy rule. Seems that the team's from the west had other plans for the gold ball. Let me ask you pirate fans this, how many more titles do you think you should have, three or four? So coaching has nothing to do with teaching kids the proper techniques. Friday you will see a team that is very sound defensively and rarely misses open field tackles. If you watched the warriors at all last year then you must realize that my friend is coaching. I don't discount the kids one bit, I know they are talented and have had the talent to win like they have. They are also fighters and very resilliant to go thru the coaches that they have and the adversity that they have had to endure and still keep driving along. That is heart and fight and this team deserves everything that comes their way. They are finally all healthy and are hitting their stride at the right time. Like I have said before about Mac, he may have scored, but he would have given up two or three scores also. You can discount Ross if you want to, fact is most fans, even pirates can acknowledge that he is a good coach and whether you are still upset because of the wah it went down when he was at sp ha no bearing on him being a good coach.

how in the world can you compare games against Bell, Boyd and Hixson with games against Grundy, Whitwell and CCS. You guys crack me up. You have not beat anybody and you are ready to give Ross coach of the year.. Give me as break. Yall don't nothing about football. When I was a kid yall did but nobody around but real old timers even recall your glory days. As you pat yourselves on the back remember you ain't proved squat yet. Your coach is a fast talking snake oil salesman that has yall fooled. Your boys will blow up just like they have for years. We score early and make a couple of stops and its gets in the boys heads.

Is this another alter ego that you have? Just what has sp proved this year? That they can get throttled by Hixson and Bell and give up 700 yards rushing to seq and Whitwell combined? Realize your beloved sp got a couple of gift tds to be able to beat the tigers. Oh yeah and get beat by a mediocre Boyd team as well. Gets in the boys heads huh, that will be delightful to see. I hope to see sp score early and get a couple of stops so maybe it will be interesting. Mc needs to play a ballgame like that heading into the playoffs. I guess after Mc beats the pirates they still haven't proved anything since everyone is hurt and the well is dry, huh? One thing that the pirates van be proud of is the run they have had the past eight years. Probably the most dominant run that the series will ever see. It was a great run, but one thing about it, now you guys can start living in the past like we have been for years. Enjoy it, and I know it may take you a few years to realize that it's over, and it will be hard on you, but just remember we Marion fans have been thru it and will help y'all thru it as well, isn't that what neighbours are for?

I know Jasper fans are licking their chops this year. This is how it's felt to be an SP fan for the last 8 years.

And feeling like the prey for us loyal Sp fans.... well I guess this is how yall felt for the last 8 years.

I just hope we both are in the title game on December 5th.

All Coach Moore should have to do to get his team fired up and ready to hit somebody is walk into the team room tomorrow with a can of Krylon and inform them that Jasper fans are counting on a Mercy Ruling.

Very fair assessment Beerman. That is exactly what it feels like, there came a point when Mc fans wondered if it would ever happen again. I think it will be a dogfight though and I don't expect a rout. I think Mc pulls away late after the pirates get worn down. I don't think many people expect a runaway like sp fans are saying. Strange things have happened in this series and that little oblong ball bounces funny sometimes. Hopefully both teams will be healthy after this contest heading for the playoffs.

Will Marion County finally take down their evil step brothers? I am guessing yes and it sounds like it wont be close. I figured this would be the case in preseason and looks to be the case. Losing to two former coaches (one short lived) in the same season will chap some cheeks in Pirate land. This one will hurt worse than getting beat at home by your own a few weeks back. I'm just keeping it real

Will Marion County finally take down their evil step brothers? I am guessing yes and it sounds like it wont be close. I figured this would be the case in preseason and looks to be the case. Losing to two former coaches (one short lived) in the same season will chap some cheeks in Pirate land. This one will hurt worse than getting beat at home by your own a few weeks back. I'm just keeping it real

Ricky never coached a game so he doesn't count.  Plus, he was never a Pirate. 

In most years I would agree, but this SP team is simply not what we have grown accustomed to since 2007. This team is much more like ones from 1981-1984, 1988-1992, 2000, 2001, 2004. Go Pirates!

Maybe the Pirates will pound on their running backs and receivers some. 

Is this another alter ego that you have? Just what has sp proved this year? That they can get throttled by Hixson and Bell and give up 700 yards rushing to seq and Whitwell combined? Realize your beloved sp got a couple of gift tds to be able to beat the tigers. Oh yeah and get beat by a mediocre Boyd team as well. Gets in the boys heads huh, that will be delightful to see. I hope to see sp score early and get a couple of stops so maybe it will be interesting. Mc needs to play a ballgame like that heading into the playoffs. I guess after Mc beats the pirates they still haven't proved anything since everyone is hurt and the well is dry, huh? One thing that the pirates van be proud of is the run they have had the past eight years. Probably the most dominant run that the series will ever see. It was a great run, but one thing about it, now you guys can start living in the past like we have been for years. Enjoy it, and I know it may take you a few years to realize that it's over, and it will be hard on you, but just remember we Marion fans have been thru it and will help y'all thru it as well, isn't that what neighbours are for?

Laugh at Hixon all you want.  They lit the score board up on Central.  Jasper will be back in the fast sooner than you think. 

Edited by rlh