South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

What about Fitz and Blevins, are they gonna be able to go? Or is it a butch jones thing where it is a secret? All of these injuries usually happen to us, but surprisingly we are finally healthy for a change.

I garuntee you that Moore man isnt going to tell that Ross man our secrets just like we didnt know that McCurry mans secrets last year. What kind of mess is this?

The hits just keep on coming. I was convinced 3-4 weeks ago that we had started to turn a corner and position ourselves for a good run. With all of these injuries and people being removed to a roster of barely 30 it's going to be tough. We dismantled Grundy week 5, but since then? We have lost too many. #8 was a two way starter and is gone. #9 was our best player on both sides and is gone, #62 our starting center is now done and now I read #88 another starter is finished. We already had no depth, but now it looks really bleak. Work hard this week boys and play as hard as you can. That's all we can ask for at this point.

Edited by TheAmbassador

The hits just keep on coming. I was convinced 3-4 weeks ago that we had started to turn a corner and position ourselves for a good run. With all of these injuries and people being removed to a roster of barely 30 it's going to be tough. We dismantled Grundy week 5, but since then? We have lost too many. #8 was a two way starter and is gone. #9 was our best player on both sides and is gone, #62 our starting center is now done and now I read #88 another starter is finished. We already had no depth, but now it looks really bleak. Work hard this week boys and play as hard as you can. That's all we can ask for at this point.

I was hoping for a good competitive game, but its looking bleak for the pirates. Hate to hear of all the injuries.

I was hoping for a good competitive game, but its looking bleak for the pirates. Hate to hear of all the injuries.

It happens. We have been on the good end of these beatings for several years so I guess we must now take our turn on the other. It's looking more and more like someone from upper east TN might finally make a return trip to the big game. I hope I am wrong and it's us, but it will be tough.

It happens. We have been on the good end of these beatings for several years so I guess we must now take our turn on the other. It's looking more and more like someone from upper east TN might finally make a return trip to the big game. I hope I am wrong and it's us, but it will be tough.

Healthy, I think you had a good chance. But at this point, I'm thinking it will be someone else. Greenback would be my guess at this point but thats not a given.

Healthy, I think you had a good chance. But at this point, I'm thinking it will be someone else. Greenback would be my guess at this point but thats not a given.

Nope!Not the way we have performed in the playoffs.Good luck Pirates GB has been in your shoes the past couple of yrs,1 or 2 real good players injured is devastating to small 1A teams.

It looks as if some young ones for SP will get a taste of this rivalry sooner rather than later due to the recent injury bug that has hit the Pirates. Let's just hope that game is injury free for both teams and they can enter the playoffs next week with the best possible chance to make a run. It should still be an electric atmosphere and an incredible night for players on both sides. After all, that's who this should be about, the players, and it's their night to showcase their love of this game.

Wow.....and you didn't even mention #24's status.  IMO his loss, if he doesn't play, will be especially tough for the team.  I've watched this kid this year; he's a player.  Just hard to believe how much these two teams fortunes have changed in just one year.  Criticism aside, Marion's coach has done wonders for that team since taking over.  Since beating Sequatchie County it's been obvious  Marion ruled the valley.  No doubt in my mind they would make quick work of Central right now.  Everything, star alignment included, just says MC will dominate this game Friday night.  Mercy rule not out of the question.  A few weeks ago I still thought this might prove to be a good game; no longer.  Pirates find themselves in MC's position for the past several years, tasked with trying to maintain some type team dignity in this game.  Best of luck to them.  If Coach Moore finds a way to keep this respectable he'll deserve Coach of the Year.  Hope MC's coach secures his win and pulls starters early.  Streak ends Friday. 

Wow.....and you didn't even mention #24's status. IMO his loss, if he doesn't play, will be especially tough for the team. I've watched this kid this year; he's a player. Just hard to believe how much these two teams fortunes have changed in just one year. Criticism aside, Marion's coach has done wonders for that team since taking over. Since beating Sequatchie County it's been obvious Marion ruled the valley. No doubt in my mind they would make quick work of Central right now. Everything, star alignment included, just says MC will dominate this game Friday night. Mercy rule not out of the question. A few weeks ago I still thought this might prove to be a good game; no longer. Pirates find themselves in MC's position for the past several years, tasked with trying to maintain some type team dignity in this game. Best of luck to them. If Coach Moore finds a way to keep this respectable he'll deserve Coach of the Year. Hope MC's coach secures his win and pulls starters early. Streak ends Friday.

#24 is a good player, but he will be playing. Like I said, a team with around 30 on the roster losing 4-5 starters spells disaster. Just got to keep the ship afloat and regroup heading into the playoffs.

I really like Marion's backfield to gash the Pirates defense the second half to begin the route.  There isn't any depth for Pittsburg.  Best case scenario for SP is getting Marion to throw the ball by winning 1st downs.  If you can't win on first down it could be a long night (or a short one if Marion puts the clock on you)

I really like Marion's backfield to gash the Pirates defense the second half to begin the route. There isn't any depth for Pittsburg. Best case scenario for SP is getting Marion to throw the ball by winning 1st downs. If you can't win on first down it could be a long night (or a short one if Marion puts the clock on you)

I agree. It will be tough seas. We have to try and keep our ship only rocking and not capsizing before the playoffs.