Farrah-Gut att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Gov playing all those young players in those varsity games helps those kids when they come back next year. Do you not realize this is one of the biggest reasons Maryville is so good year after year. it's not rocket science but most people refuse to believe that and will always come up with some #### and bull story why Maryville keeps producing winning football.

Good post!All of US winning programs filter the younger ones in in meaningful games to get that varsity edge for the ulcoming yrs.JV they dont learn like they do against seasoned players.

Gov playing all those young players in those varsity games helps those kids when they come back next year. Do you not realize this is one of the biggest reasons Maryville is so good year after year. it's not rocket science but most people refuse to believe that and will always come up with some #### and bull story why Maryville keeps producing winning football.

Barney,

During that '07 season when the Govs were good alot of the back-ups played the 2nd half in those games and we went 1-9 the very next year. I still say it doesn't matter that much as long as the kids are getting experience in JV games and the coaches are doing a good job of preparing them in practice.

If we heard the vulgarity clear across the field and 20 rows up in the stands, their coaches and parents had to have as well.

I couldn't hear it from where I was. I must have not been in the path. It's not surprising. IMO-the poor sportsmanship from the students at many schools has gotten out of hand. Administrators just look the other way. I guess there are no rules about sportsmanship anymore.

Barney,

During that '07 season when the Govs were good alot of the back-ups played the 2nd half in those games and we went 1-9 the very next year. I still say it doesn't matter that much as long as the kids are getting experience in JV games and the coaches are doing a good job of preparing them in practice.

You would be a great coach Gov. You could carry the tradition of what don't work right on with everyone else. 

You would be a great coach Gov. You could carry the tradition of what don't work right on with everyone else.

Barney,

I don't want to be a coach, just giving my opinion. And IMO playing or not playing that Qtr or 2 on friday nights is not going to make or break a player. If more playing time made players better we wouldn't see Nathan peterman making a fool of himself everytime he steps on the field or Josh Dobbs going in against Alabama and looking like he has been there before despite not playing all years.

Edited by Governors91

Barney,

I don't want to be a coach, just giving my opinion. And IMO playing or not playing that Qtr or 2 on friday nights is not going to make or break a player. If more playing time=better player we wouldn't see Nathan peterman making a fool of himself everytime he steps on the field or Josh Dobbs going in against Alabama and looking like he has been there before.

Whatever our coaches are doing seems to work. Seems it would be hard for even you to argue that. 

Whatever our coaches are doing seems to work. Seems it would be hard for even you to argue that.

True. But player development happens on the practice field, not the game field. All the playing time in the world isn't gonna help a player unless they are being prepared for it in practice. You don't throw a soldier into combat unless you put them through training and you shouldn't throw a kid to the wolves on friday night if they aren't prepared. Coaches (and players) have a responsibility to make sure they are ready to play on a moment's notice because you never know when injuries might happen. All of that should be taken care of in practice.

When I think of Farragut I think of a school with a great community behind it and and strong support with first class people. I was surprised tonight that someone with a sewer mouth using a megaphone spilling sewage all over the place was allowed to continue this nonsense throughout the entire game without anyone showing them the road. Am I wrong here or has things changed that much that this should be allowed to go on at a high school ballgame.

It was students. Not surprised as I am sure some of Maryville's students do the same.