Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

Curveball......?  How about the kitchen sink...!  Have you ever heard the term both barrels blazin'?  I think the staff can take some chances with the Rams....you have a top rated defense and they have been fabulous with flipping field position on teams.  The leg of sophmore punter Lay has been a real asset to the team that very rarely gets mentioned.  Keeping the Rams in their own side of the field will be the defenses toughest priority....and stiffening in the red zone will be key as well.  The offense need to assist the defense as much as possible by moving the chains for extended periods tomorrow night.  Oneida is a very good fourth quarter team and if the game is tight by that point we will be in great shape.  Our M.O. all year (with the Rockwood exception) has been our ability to win the 4th qtr.  Turnovers again will be a key stat to trace through the course of the game.....I think right now we are like +9 in that department.....maybe higher.  Points, IMO, will be at a premium if both teams play as well as they have been.  You may get bored with a defensive battle, but that appears that this may turn into one.  Preventing big plays is a must, but your unlikely to fine more than 3 or 4 in this game.  The prediction is out: 

Oneida - 17

GCA - 14

Kazanity  :thumb:

Curveball......?  How about the kitchen sink...!  Have you ever heard the term both barrels blazin'?  I think the staff can take some chances with the Rams....you have a top rated defense and they have been fabulous with flipping field position on teams.  The leg of sophmore punter Lay has been a real asset to the team that very rarely gets mentioned.  Keeping the Rams in their own side of the field will be the defenses toughest priority....and stiffening in the red zone will be key as well.  The offense need to assist the defense as much as possible by moving the chains for extended periods tomorrow night.  Oneida is a very good fourth quarter team and if the game is tight by that point we will be in great shape.  Our M.O. all year (with the Rockwood exception) has been our ability to win the 4th qtr.  Turnovers again will be a key stat to trace through the course of the game.....I think right now we are like +9 in that department.....maybe higher.  Points, IMO, will be at a premium if both teams play as well as they have been.  You may get bored with a defensive battle, but that appears that this may turn into one.  Preventing big plays is a must, but your unlikely to fine more than 3 or 4 in this game.  The prediction is out: 

Oneida - 17

GCA - 14

Kazanity  :thumb:

This game is will against will. Its easy to know the keys to the game for both sides but until they line it up its hard to determine who has the advantage. I've thought all year long that Graces d was their strong point but its actually oppisite. Oneida's strength is deffinately the d . To win Oneida has to put together long drives and catch Grace off guard with a pass or 3. This very well could come down to special teams and I'm not sure who has the advantage in that department. Grace may have a little more big play capabilities and Oneida may be a lille better at being patient and content to move the chains.Last key for Oneida is being ready for the trickery, Grace will try to trick the Injuns about 4 times during the cource of the game, in other words every play is a potential trick play. The biggest thing for both may be costly penalties and turnovers. Both have to keep their cool and cherish the rock. Heart and pride could be biggest factor, I'm thinking both have quite a bit but I'm sure both have a breaking point. The country boys just may have the edge.

Crow and kaz you both know me pretty well and usually say what i am thinking.Of course i have seen both have a ton of respect for the Indians and am gaining more and more for GCA every year.This game will come down to this can Oneida stop GCA enough to outscore them,maybe they can a d i do hope they can.Alot is put on OHS as a fourth quarter team,well GCA is just as good of a fourth quarter team.GCA has played better offensive teams than Oneida has and three of them are in the quarters-CAK and McMinn Central and of course GB.GCA is no Coalfield they WILL score points,the difference will be can Oneida?No need in jumping on me this is an opinion of someone who really wants Oneida to win.After seeing both teams i still go with my earlier prediction GCA 28-14.Good luck if GB wasnt playing i would be at this one!