Who has done a better job recruiting this year CPA or Alcoa?

UCSportsFan

I think that this is all comical!! Where were all of you knits 20 years ago? Oh wait... the majority of the private schools were in 1A and you didn't have to play them. Nobody cared what "little ol" Trousdale County had to say then. Now that CPA and Catholic have grown up (GCA in Knox will be there shortly), along with OZ Alcoa, you all get a taste of what we have delt with for years.

I can see both sides of the pubic/private debate. But noone has been able to answer this question for me.... How is a county school (1 system), with no open zones, on the same level playing field as a private school or an open zoned school that can "cherry" pick their players? Someone said earlier in the thread... if you build it, they will come. I agree. We've built it. So has all three teams mentioned above. But, in order for them to come to us, they have to relocate. The same cannot be said for the other three.

All that being said...that's not even point I'm trying to make here. You can complain unitl you are blue in the face. We've been there and done that. Now at some point we had a decision to make... Itch and moan, or do something about it. We chose the latter. To get where we wanted to go as a program, we were going to have to outwork the "cherries". And thats what we did (see signature below).

My advise to the rest of 3A... work harder, get better coaches. Instead of worrying about who has recruited who, run some more sprints...shake some more iron. I bet that's what CPA and Alcoa are doing. Just saying.

. Great post

I did hear Saturday night directly from a long time Maryville fan at the game say some Maryville teams have had 60% of the roster kids that pay the "tuition" to attend. I dont know where he got his stats from, but he seem pretty sure about what he was saying. How would this not make them or schools like this D-2?

Really?